Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Come see FCS football

Started by Papabear, November 22, 2017, 08:54:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Papabear

Hey all you Razorbackers I hate to see the football team in it's condition  :-[. You see my wife and daughter graduated UCA and my daughter finished her education at UAMS. The UCA Bears are in the playoff. They got a first round bye with the home field advantage. Their opponent will be the winner of the Central Connecticut state vs New Hampshire. The game will take place at Estes stadium in Conway December 2nd at 2:00 P.M. Want to wear your Razorback red? No problem with me. We are grateful to have many as possible. Lets hope for the best in football for the Hogs next season. WPS and Go Bears

hookshog

I agree, my oldest is a Jr. at UCA. Went and watched them play McNeese State. The Bears are probably the best team in Arkansas right now. They are fun to watch.

bphi11ips

One of the best things about the longstanding policy of not playing in-state schools is that Razorbacks fans have generally supported the smaller programs.  Likewise, fans of the smaller programs can still call the Hogs as the state's big team.  It's least that's the way it used to be. 

Go Bears!
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogmolar

Do it like a big bear.

Signed Former Bear Den Member (actually Part of the first "Bear Den")

Always loved the Hogs but went to UCA to play baseball.  Great school and game day atmosphere.   

NaturalStateReb

They are very good and are attracting some pretty big crowds to Conway.  Went this past Saturday and nearly froze.

They'll be back home on December 2, and if they win, they'll host another home game for a chance at the title.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hogfan14

Yesterday UCA won the Southland coach of the year, player of the year, defensive player of the year, freshman of the year and offensive lineman of the year. Also had 12 players named all-conference.

Damn good team this year.

snoblind

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 09:31:42 am
One of the best things about the longstanding policy of not playing in-state schools is that Razorbacks fans have generally supported the smaller programs.  Likewise, fans of the smaller programs can still call the Hogs as the state's big team.  It's least that's the way it used to be. 

Go Bears!

That's the way it was when I grew up.  Unite the whole state behind the Razorbacks even as many kids were playing for and going to the  smaller schools.

Polecat

Quote from: Papabear on November 22, 2017, 08:54:10 am
Hey all you Razorbackers I hate to see the football team in it's condition  :-[. You see my wife and daughter graduated UCA and my daughter finished her education at UAMS. The UCA Bears are in the playoff. They got a first round bye with the home field advantage. Their opponent will be the winner of the Central Connecticut state vs New Hampshire. The game will take place at Estes stadium in Conway December 2nd at 2:00 P.M. Want to wear your Razorback red? No problem with me. We are grateful to have many as possible. Lets hope for the best in football for the Hogs next season. WPS and Go Bears

Coach Norvell ... welcome to Hogville!
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

1highhog

I love to see all the smaller Colleges in Arkansas doing well, I always cheer for them even though I've been a devoted Razorback fan for 50+ years.

spe450

Quote from: hogmolar on November 22, 2017, 09:33:42 am
Do it like a big bear.

Always loved the Hogs but went to UCA to play baseball.  Great school and game day atmosphere.   

The first group was awesome and did a great job of activating student interest in the programs, which was a tough chore at that time, especially since the previous spirit group, the Royal Rooters, was so terrible towards the end.

Being on SOS for three years, I got to be good friends with several of the original guys.  I love that they have this legacy.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Papabear on November 22, 2017, 08:54:10 am

Hey ASUj.... takes notes from this guy. ^^^

THIS is how you ask for support!!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HawgPilot

Quote from: hogmolar on November 22, 2017, 09:33:42 am
Do it like a big bear.

What years were you there?  I played there as well.

Uncommon

Quote from: hookshog on November 22, 2017, 08:59:27 am
The Bears are probably the best team in Arkansas right now. They are fun to watch.
I still think that title goes to Arkansas State right now but I'm happy for their success.

hogmolar

Quote from: spe450 on November 22, 2017, 10:10:18 am
The first group was awesome and did a great job of activating student interest in the programs, which was a tough chore at that time, especially since the previous spirit group, the Royal Rooters, was so terrible towards the end.

Being on SOS for three years, I got to be good friends with several of the original guys.  I love that they have this legacy.
3 year SOSer here as well.  Oh the good times. 

hogmolar

HawgPilot

spe450

Quote from: hogmolar on November 22, 2017, 11:26:45 am
2000-2002

Then you were on SOS with me. The Lumberjacks were by far the best team.