Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRRS Westside ideas...

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, January 07, 2018, 01:17:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 06:08:56 pm
home prices in Fayetteville/Springdale/Bentonville/Rogers are not yet rivaling Brentwood, Tennessee, but they are already rivaling Hendersonville, TN

as a stand-alone, away from a large metro area, we have blown past Knoxville, TN in regards to home prices.

Knoxville crime is way lower per capita than Little Rock. And yet poorer people can easily afford to live in Knoxville. They increasingly cannot afford to live in Fayetteville/Springdale/Bentonville/Rogers

might also make an easy NWA comparison with Vestavia, Homewood and Hoover in Alabama

Plenty of apartments to choose from up there.

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on January 07, 2018, 06:16:13 pm

This darn is why you have 7a west linebackers

Wouldn't 7A West schools have 7A linebackers?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 07, 2018, 05:38:52 pm
You're telling me that N. Razorbacks RD, between Meadow and Maple, is a US HWY.!?

Honestly don't remember but I think so. I remember reading something about it years ago. When US HWY's go through a town they usually get a "name" instead of just using the number. That's why you see number signs along city streets sometimes. 62 and 412 are a part of the US HWY system in NWA. IIRC  62 is a US HWY that runs from Canada to Mexico. If it isn't a part of the US HWY alongside the stadium it is a least a state HWY. Don't forget not all US HWY's are interstate.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 05:15:02 pm
I don't have a damn king or queen.

I speak south arkansas, USA English.

Like I said. It's coming NWA. Lily white, white flight days are coming to an end.

So let me get this straight, you are in favor,  and in fact cheering it on, that gang activity is coming to NWA.   

What are YOU, a Crip?

sowmonella

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 07, 2018, 07:36:25 pm
So let me get this straight, you are in favor,  and in fact cheering it on, that gang activity is coming to NWA.   

What are YOU, a Crip?

No he's just an idiot.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

jmark

i think we should at least repave the road.  getting pretty rough riding
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 07, 2018, 07:36:25 pm

What are YOU, a Crip?

he's Percy

DrSwineESQ

Quote from: jmark on January 07, 2018, 08:04:03 pm
i think we should at least repave the road.  getting pretty rough riding
It's already in the works.  Maple will be widened first, to 4 lanes, and then Razorback Rd, will be widened to the intersection.  The plans are currently scheduled around other construction projects and finishing the stadium expansion. 

BigoBoys

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 07, 2018, 01:17:49 pm

I've said it before, and it's been said numerous times. The "West Side" of DRRS looks like ass. The whole facade is beautiful with the exception of this eye sore. How can the premier university in the state not get a little help from the Hwy dept and get that bluff cut away, street widened and electricity buried in order to do something about it.!? I think they should build over the road, create a tunnel and divert regular traffic west of the stadium on game days giving an out of the weather place for buses to load and unload on game days. What do y'all think?
How old is this photo?

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: AP85 on January 07, 2018, 05:15:02 pm
I don't have a damn king or queen.

I speak south arkansas, USA English.

Like I said. It's coming NWA. Lily white, white flight days are coming to an end.
Nonsensical garbage.

" GO HOGS "

cram224

DZ

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2018, 02:04:21 pm
It's officially the off season. This has been covered over and over and over again....................There are reasons why this hasn't happened yet. Has it taken too long yes. I believe it is also a US HWY and not just a state HWY and thus that's part of the problem.

this is correct. also why power can't be buried within a certain distance or under the road. they have a plan, just a matter of time

PonderinHog

How about the world's largest retractable awning with a big Razorback logo on it ???

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2018, 07:00:44 pm
Honestly don't remember but I think so. I remember reading something about it years ago. When US HWY's go through a town they usually get a "name" instead of just using the number. That's why you see number signs along city streets sometimes. 62 and 412 are a part of the US HWY system in NWA. IIRC  62 is a US HWY that runs from Canada to Mexico. If it isn't a part of the US HWY alongside the stadium it is a least a state HWY. Don't forget not all US HWY's are interstate.

It's Arkansas 112...
..."The route begins at the northern end of Cato Springs Road under the I-49 overpass in south Fayetteville. The route runs briefly north with access to U.S. Highway 71 (US 71) with AR 265 before AR 265 becomes Cato Springs Road again and continues east. AR 112 continues north as Razorback Road and runs north to run concurrently with AR 16, starting near Baum Stadium and continuing until AR 180 (Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard). AR 112 continues through the University of Arkansas campus, passing John McDonnell Field and Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

After the stadium, AR 112 turns east and becomes West Maple Street and passes Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences and the Pat Walker Health Center. The highway turns north and becomes Garland Avenue, which is a median-divided highway until Highway 112S/Wedington Drive/North Street. The medians were added in 2009 after contention from the City of Fayetteville and residents. Ultimately, it was decided to have one continuous median that becomes a turn lane, with separate bike lanes on both sides.[5] AR 112 continues north through Fayetteville, intersecting Wedington Drive just north of campus. The route continues as an important artery through the city, crossing I-49/US 62/US 71 south of the Fayetteville Teardrop (I-49 exit 67). AR 112 runs north or the expressway to Tontitown as Maestri Road, intersecting US 412 in Tontitown before entering Benton County".

The Arkansas Highway department could purchase the land adjacent to it, prepare the land and complete the new thoroughfare before even stopping traffic on the existing portion.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Boar Ultimatum

Nix the bus concept! I like the tunnel idea, but install a light rail automated trolley from Baum Stadium past DWRRS then loop through the campus back to Baum. In that way all the campus parking is accessible for both school and all sporting events. The West side could then be used for additional structure: parking decks, retail shops, restaurants, etc. (similar to the mall type atmosphere created at Kentucky's basketball arena). This structure could be a hub for any major event on campus combined with the rail transport system. The rail system could be partially funded as a mass transit project grant.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Boar Ultimatum on January 08, 2018, 01:34:36 pm
Nix the bus concept! I like the tunnel idea, but install a light rail automated trolley from Baum Stadium past DWRRS then loop through the campus back to Baum. In that way all the campus parking is accessible for both school and all sporting events. The West side could then be used for additional structure: parking decks, retail shops, restaurants, etc. (similar to the mall type atmosphere created at Kentucky's basketball arena). This structure could be a hub for any major event on campus combined with the rail transport system. The rail system could be partially funded as a mass transit project grant.

Sold...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 08, 2018, 12:37:58 pm
It's Arkansas 112...
..."The route begins at the northern end of Cato Springs Road under the I-49 overpass in south Fayetteville. The route runs briefly north with access to U.S. Highway 71 (US 71) with AR 265 before AR 265 becomes Cato Springs Road again and continues east. AR 112 continues north as Razorback Road and runs north to run concurrently with AR 16, starting near Baum Stadium and continuing until AR 180 (Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard). AR 112 continues through the University of Arkansas campus, passing John McDonnell Field and Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

After the stadium, AR 112 turns east and becomes West Maple Street and passes Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences and the Pat Walker Health Center. The highway turns north and becomes Garland Avenue, which is a median-divided highway until Highway 112S/Wedington Drive/North Street. The medians were added in 2009 after contention from the City of Fayetteville and residents. Ultimately, it was decided to have one continuous median that becomes a turn lane, with separate bike lanes on both sides.[5] AR 112 continues north through Fayetteville, intersecting Wedington Drive just north of campus. The route continues as an important artery through the city, crossing I-49/US 62/US 71 south of the Fayetteville Teardrop (I-49 exit 67). AR 112 runs north or the expressway to Tontitown as Maestri Road, intersecting US 412 in Tontitown before entering Benton County".

The Arkansas Highway department could purchase the land adjacent to it, prepare the land and complete the new thoroughfare before even stopping traffic on the existing portion.

Thanks I wasn't sure about 412.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogFoo

My father always thought this would be the best idea.  But use not just a regular rail, but a monorail system like they use at Disney land.  It could have the cool cars and on the front it could have a hog face. But, yes , wrap around the stadium and head down to Baum stadium.  It could unload close to where that bridge skywalk is and swing around and unload same on other side.  It could go down and pickup unload almost exactly where buses do at Baum.  Plus it'd n cool!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

JackTNHogfan

For now, can they just hang some big banners of former Razorback All-Americans or something to cover up the erector set???

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: majestic on January 07, 2018, 06:09:35 pm
The kid who was murdered was on the wrestling team with my daughter's boyfriend. He was killed for asking a girl who was being harassed by the POS if she was ok. Keep your scum in LR.
he was my godson's cousin. smh, a good kid who never messed with anybody.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

FaytownHog

Love it. Get more traffic out of the roads with that as well. Someone make it happen! haha