Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vegas

Started by 1CavHog, April 24, 2011, 10:22:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1CavHog

Heading to Vegas in July for the first time. Going with my wife and my brother and his wife. I know there are some party animals on Hogville so I'm all ears.

Melhog

Harrah's outdoor bar

1CavHog

We are going a Friday - Monday, do you think it's necessary to rent a car or is everything on the strip within walking distance? We will  be staying probably at the Trump hotel on the north end.

tomahawkhog

We rented a car last year, and will never do it again.  We're heading their in June.
Go Hogs!

Melhog

Quote from: 1CavHog on April 25, 2011, 07:31:16 pm
We are going a Friday - Monday, do you think it's necessary to rent a car or is everything on the strip within walking distance? We will  be staying probably at the Trump hotel on the north end.

Don't get a car. You can take the monorail or a taxi.

RazrRila99

If you want to go to Hoover or anywhere off strip a car might be a good idea.  If you are staying on strip -- car is an additional unneeded expense. 

husker71

Do Not rent a car!!  Unless you are planning a long trip like  to Hoover or Red  Rock otherwise if you dont know the back streets you will get caught in traffic.  You can walk on the strip and catch bus or taxi to the  downtown area.  Where are you staying??  I worked  and lived there for almost 17 years that is why I was  wondering where you are staying.  Hope I can help

Verge

Quote from: 1CavHog on April 25, 2011, 07:31:16 pm

Taxi or trains go up and down all day and night. I don't know how fit you are, i walked the strip, it's several miles long though.(easier with a beer in hand)

Shag66

Quote from: Melhog on April 27, 2011, 08:15:16 am
Don't get a car. You can take the monorail or a taxi.

Just don't take the bus.

Friggin thing is slow as christmas..

took me about an hour and a half to ride from Fremont St. to Paris.  That is about 5 or 6 miles probably.

I actually am all for getting a car in Vegas.  They are cheap and you can park in the parking garages.  It is a LONG LONG strip...

Shag66

Quote from: Verge on May 08, 2011, 09:35:20 am
Taxi or trains go up and down all day and night. I don't know how fit you are, i walked the strip, it's several miles long though.(easier with a beer in hand)

Thought you were sick the whole time!

hogfan68

If it's your first time to Vegas you want to see hoover dam. It's a short drive. When you get there you can get a "dam" tour guide and take the "dam" tour and take all the "dam" pictures you want. I'm going in June and rented a impala for 4 days  $107 w/all taxes and fees. Look for discount codes.

userpick

Leaving for Vegas in the morning! I just turned 21 and can't wait to get there!

mehawg

Go to Freemont St. at night not as crowded & cheaper. If you take a bus , make it the express bus.

HuntinHog

45 days.  Can't wait.

Duvall Falls Hog

Quote from: mehawg on June 02, 2011, 09:20:20 am
Go to Freemont St. at night not as crowded & cheaper. If you take a bus , make it the express bus.

Just make sure you don't walk to Fremont Street or wonder away from Fremont street when you get down there. 
Nothing beats a good smoked brisket during the winter.

SteveInArk

Quote from: duvallfallshog on January 20, 2012, 05:25:55 pm
Just make sure you don't walk to Fremont Street or wonder away from Fremont street when you get down there. 

that is correct.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

davidharwood

The "street vendors (not that kind of vendor!)" on Fremont Street are way more aggressive than on the strip. Plus the police density on the strip is about 1 cop per 10 feet, compared to 1 cop every 50 yards on Fremont. So I'd be careful if you feel the urge to walk over to Freemont.
My name has been carved on the UA sidewalks a total of 3 times, and my daughter's twice, but when I stop getting chills from the Alma Mater and the opening of the Hog Pen gates, I'll know it's time to stay home by the fireplace and wait for the new John Sandford novel.

BirdDawg

I am a huge Vegas fan...went 6 times in past 12 months. A little burned out ..haha

Don't rent a car. Take a cab. The hotels look much closer than they really are. Prepare for about $5-10 per cab trip

The newer part of the strip is top shelf but so are the prices for everything(food, drinks, etc). Head to the older part of Vegas for a little different feel to Vegas. It is worth seeing to get a different view and prices are much better. Still very entertaining.

Tons of great places to eat all over. Do a little research and make reservations.

Shopping is awesome tons of variety 

Depending on what time of year you go. the sports book is a great day depending what sports are happening. Football and March madness are freaking amazing.

POOL season is a must if you like looking At beautiful women. The better, hotter the place the better the talent.

Hope that helps