Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pearl Harbor

Started by BA Hogwild, May 04, 2009, 08:01:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BA Hogwild

Is it better to go on a guided tour to the Arizona and Mighty Mo or just go by yourself and take your time? Any suggestions?
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

Earl

It feels like you are at a funeral...I did not know they had guides...

TechHog

When I went, there was a Pearl Harbor survivor there.....   Needless to say, he got emotional and I followed suit.  It is a very somber place.  There are still 1100 men entombed in the Arizona.  There is still oil/diesel leaking out of the hull.  Going over in three weeks, fully plan on seeing it again.

RazrRila99

That is definitely one of the things on my "to do" list.  But not while single unless I stay single until Im 40.

PIGINAPOKE

I went to it when my Carrier hit port there. It gets to you. It is a no miss while in Pearl. There are no guides. You just ride a boat out and go into the memorial.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

SRFL

One of the most memorable experiences you will ever have.  Can't describe it.

BA Hogwild

Quote from: SRFL on June 23, 2009, 02:11:48 pm
One of the most memorable experiences you will ever have.  Can't describe it.

It was a memorable experience. USS Missouri was a beast as well. I'll try to post pics later
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

gotyacovered

Was there when I was on high school, there was survivor there, touched me forever...
You are what you tolerate.

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

BA Hogwild

Updated Missouri with Tomahawk missle

Lando Calrissian

When did you go, BA?

I was there about 3 weeks ago.

Was the aircraft carrier still there?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Lando Calrissian

You can see the USS Missouri and Arizona on the right.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

BA Hogwild

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on June 24, 2009, 10:21:54 pm
When did you go, BA?

I was there about 3 weeks ago.

Was the aircraft carrier still there?

I was there last week. No aircraft carrier. Would of loved to get some pics of the carrier. I was blown away about how big the "Mo" was and how ancient some of the equipment they used for the Gulf War. The USS Bowfin submarine was there but was not able to make it over to see it.

You know what I thought was funny? Did you see the surrender documents? Did you notice the mistake on the documents?

RazorChuck

I was very inspired by my visit to Pearl, felt so proud to have been reminded  of how we as a country came together, the Japanense admiral was correct when he stated, we have awoken a bear, to bad we cannot seem to find that right now, in light of the current times, yes much is different, but we can pull together.