Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Universal Studios

Started by BA Hogwild, March 18, 2007, 12:44:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BA Hogwild

Ive been to Disney World but never to Universal Studios. Im taking the family and was wondering what rides u guys like. Any good eating places?  Going in June.
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

jkelly107

Gotta try the Dueling Dragons very smooth double loop rode it 4 times spiderman was cool to. We all liked Universal better than Disney and the only place I really remember was the Knights dinner show kinda like the Dixie Stampede in Branson. Be safe and have fun

HognotinMemphis

Do all the rides. They are all great.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Tomhog™

I loved the King Kong ride and the Back to the Future Ride.  Men in Black was interactive and quite awesome.  Come to think of it, the Twister 'ride' was cool too!

peakhog

moley_russells_wart_hog

the one my son made me was was dr doom,
if you go on the spiderman ride try to get in the 1st row

jorgito

We just back. The Spider-Man ride is awesome. You can do both parks in 1 day. They are not as large as Disney. If you have older kids they will enjoy both parks.

JDHogg

Two parks there are 1) Universal and 2) Islands of adventure.

You will be there at the BUSIEST time so be prepared for BIG crowds especially leaving at night, hang onto those kids!!

The Islands park is more typical rides and Universal is more entertainment interaction.  If you like coasters, etc, go for Islands; if you prefer high tech, interactive go for Universal.  You can do both, but you will need to get the ultimate park pass to get through the lines in time.

My faves:  Spiderman, Hulk coaster, log ride, Dueling dragon coaster.
Also at Universal: Back to the future, Shrek.  Check out the shows like Fear Factor.

Source:  My family went June 2006.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

msudawgs64

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

94 Hawg

don't miss the mummy ride, fantastic theming and a heck of a roller coaster to boot.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Lando Calrissian

Crap, how did I miss this thread.

There are two Universal parks:  Universal Studios and Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure.

I don't know if you are planning on going to both, but if I had to pick one, it would be Islands of Adventure by a long shot.

The Universal Studios park is a bit antiquated.  There are still some nice ride there, but they do not compare to the stuff at Islands of Adventure.

---------------------------------

Give me a bit more information on what you want to know, and I will divulge all.  My grandparents used to live about an hour south of Orlando, so I had about a decade of "Orlando theme park" training.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

BA Hogwild

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on May 29, 2007, 03:44:44 pm

There are two Universal parks:  Universal Studios and Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure.

I don't know if you are planning on going to both, but if I had to pick one, it would be Islands of Adventure by a long shot.

The Universal Studios park is a bit antiquated.  There are still some nice ride there, but they do not compare to the stuff at Islands of Adventure.

Give me a bit more information on what you want to know, and I will divulge all.  My grandparents used to live about an hour south of Orlando, so I had about a decade of "Orlando theme park" training.

Thanks. Im taking my 2 boys. They are 6 and 4. I know they are a bit young but we will have plenty to do. Im also going to take them to Sea World and over to Animal Kingdom. We will be busy enough for them. I wanted to go sooner but job and school wouldnt let me. Im thinking about taking them to Medievel Times also. Any good rides for the kidos i need to hit first would be helpful. Thanks again
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

PIGINAPOKE

May 30, 2007, 04:29:19 pm #12 Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 04:33:21 pm by PIGINAPOKE
The Flat Wallet ride gets me all the time. I still have it after my trip..A Flat Wallet. Kidding..I have been to the one in L.A.  Great times.. Skip  Med Times, Really, A Cornish game hen dinner and two guys jousting is a waste..Spend the cash elsewhere..Enjoy the trip, The kids and you will love it!! Be safe.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Seconds

I'm going to Disney and Universal with the family for the first time the second week of June. I don't think this week would've worked very well for us at Disney ;). Learned some good info from everyone's posts. Thanks a lot. And pay no mind to that ramblin' red dirt rastabout named POKE! :)
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
I believe that Obama could set an orphanage on fire and spray down the children with gasoline as they ran to escape it and you and Veritas would praise him for the beauty and quality of the fire.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: BA Hogwild on May 29, 2007, 10:24:21 pm
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on May 29, 2007, 03:44:44 pm

Thanks. Im taking my 2 boys. They are 6 and 4. I know they are a bit young but we will have plenty to do. Im also going to take them to Sea World and over to Animal Kingdom. We will be busy enough for them. I wanted to go sooner but job and school wouldnt let me. Im thinking about taking them to Medievel Times also. Any good rides for the kidos i need to hit first would be helpful. Thanks again

At that age, I would recommend taking them to MGM studios over Universal Studios (or Universal Studios Islands of Adventure).

There is enough stuff, restaurants, rides, and otherwise, to keep you and your kids at that young age entertained there.

The Universal Studios parks are definetely aimed at teens/young adults, so if you're taking 6 & 4 year olds, I would wait a few before you go there (although the Universal parks are definete must-sees at some point).

As far as Disney goes, with kids that age, I would skip Epcot.

The Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and MGM Studios all would be perfect, though.

---------------------------------------

The rides/attractions at the respective Disney Parks pretty much speak for themselves. 

Your kids, at that age, should be able to enjoy most, if not all, of them.

As far as recommendations, my favorite restaurants at all of the theme parks in Orlando are in MGM Studios.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

94 Hawg

re: restaurants
Epcot has a great mexican restaurant just to the left of the lake (looks like a pyramid)

just outside of downtown disney there is a Chevy's tex mex (excellent food)
in downtown disney is a rainforest cafe, the kids will love it. make reservations or expect a loooong wait.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

HogNuttz

Two suggestions:

1) Skip anything Disney and go to Sea World.  The crowd offsets anything special Disney has to offer because you will spend soooo much time in lines.  And Sea World is cheaper.

2) Buy my Orlando vacation from me.  There is another thread in the Travel and Vacations forum for it.

And a third nugget for free.  Buy the best and highest SPF sunblock you can find.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.