Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs open as an 18 point underdog at Baton Rouge

Started by TulsaHawg, November 05, 2017, 07:16:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

That's not surprising, but it will be interesting to see how LSU responds following the Bama game and the early game time, and how the Hogs respond to our current turmoil.

Tusks

Hahahahahahahaha that awesome, since many say the hogs are going 6-6.  That means I'm going to make a fortune over the next 3 weeks.  I'll make enough to go to the shriner bowl.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Cambridge Hog

kodiakisland

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on November 05, 2017, 08:43:22 pm
Somehow, I think we keep this one close.

Yeah, we'll stay within 100 yards of them most of the game.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

bphi11ips

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 08:41:52 pm
Hahahahahahahaha that awesome, since many say the hogs are going 6-6.  That means I'm going to make a fortune over the next 3 weeks.  I'll make enough to go to the shriner bowl.

I've got news for you, bud.  The line this week has nothing to do with the final two home games.

Maybe we were sandbagging against CC?  Sure looked like it in the fourth quarter. 

Arkansas will cover 18. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jkstock04

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 09:53:57 pm
I've got news for you, bud.  The line this week has nothing to do with the final two home games.

Maybe we were sandbagging against CC?  Sure looked like it in the fourth quarter. 

Arkansas will cover 18. 
Hilarious
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Seebs

Buy Buy Buy Buy.

If it is not 23.5 at kickoff  I will eat my hat.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

bphi11ips

Rzbakfromwaybak

Maybe we were sandbagging against CC? Sure looked like it in the fourth quarter. 

Arkansas will cover 18.

Lol, yeah. Guess Bert has ..."sandbagged"...his way to 11 SEC wins in 5 years. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Inhogswetrust

Arkansas will cover 18. 

I hope so. Heck I hope for a miracle win. However to open as a HUGE underdog tells a story fans don't want to hear. It only makes them angrier.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jkstock04

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 10:29:47 pm
Put your money where your mouth is on LSU?
Most likely I will, yes. Hogs are 1-8 ATS this year. Maybe 1-7-1 depending on what you got on New Mexico State. Other than homer koolaid stuff there is no logical or strategic reason to think we keep this game within 18 points.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

nwahogfan1

Quote from: TulsaHawg on November 05, 2017, 07:16:10 pm
That's not surprising, but it will be interesting to see how LSU responds following the Bama game and the early game time, and how the Hogs respond to our current turmoil.

I think LSU can cake walk by us but if they can't get focused it might be tighter than the spread but I doubt it.  I am expecting a blow out.  We can't stop the run and we can not run the ball. Enough said.   

jgphillips3

LSU is not prolific offensively.  Considering I expect them to ram it down our throats, that's probably a fair place to set the line.  I'll be shocked if they don't cover though.

bphi11ips

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 06, 2017, 07:29:22 am
Most likely I will, yes. Hogs are 1-8 ATS this year. Maybe 1-7-1 depending on what you got on New Mexico State. Other than homer koolaid stuff there is no logical or strategic reason to think we keep this game within 18 points.

I was talking about with me.

I'm good for a benji if you are.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 06, 2017, 07:29:22 am

Not a gambler.  So, that's not my angle.

If BB starts our freshman QB, with the intention of playing him most of the game.  I don't think we will have him for the MsSt game.  Lsu's head hunters will kill him. 

If AA plays it will be much the same, IMO.

With our OL pitted against LSU's defense neither of them will have high odds of getting through the game without injury.

Al Boarland

Arkansas will cover 18.

Sandbagging?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 05, 2017, 08:57:08 pm
Yeah, we'll stay within 100 yards of them most of the game.

I'd say that LSU will be a hundred yards ahead of us in total yards after the opening kickoff.....

But that would mean we actually kick the ball into the end zone which doesn't happen too often.
This is my non-signature signature.

jkstock04

November 06, 2017, 08:01:11 am #18 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:15:31 am by jkstock04
Quote from: bphi11ips on November 06, 2017, 07:44:51 am
I was talking about with me.

I'm good for a benji if you are.
18 points? Sure. Making a bet with people on the internet probably isn't the smartest thing to do but you seem the type to be a man of his word so I'll risk it. Let's do 100 dollar gift certificate to Hermans.

Hogs cover 18 points I'll send you gift certificate. They don't, you send me one. 100 bucks. If it's an even push neither of us win.

If you want to finalize the bet reply back and confirm.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tsarcasm

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on November 05, 2017, 08:43:22 pm
Somehow, I think we keep this one close.
you watch, somehow we will win this. im not saying we are going to, but i wont be surprised if we do. 
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Großer Kriegschwein

Arkansas will cover 18.

We ain't sandbaggin stuff.

We're bad.

Almost half of our SEC wins came in a single season. That means we averaged 1.5 SEC wins a year for the remaining 4 seasons Bret has been here.

It hasn't worked and that fact is glaring.
This is my non-signature signature.

hogsolutely

I'm surprised it isn't more.  DG will rush for 200+ on us with 1 leg!

Danny J

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 05, 2017, 10:50:58 pm
Lol, yeah. Guess Bert has ..."sandbagged"...his way to 11 SEC wins in 5 years.
What's sad is there are folks who actually believe such nonsense. They also believe if we lose out that CBB should and will be back because he does things the "right way"(you know we still have some suffering to do for the 4 years we praised a sinner) and this is the most important part...that it is up to Long and only Long as to whether or not CBB is back next year as though Long is God of all things on the Hill and throughout the state.

If we lose out CBB will not be coaching here next year...period.

hoglady

Quote from: Danny J on November 06, 2017, 08:06:25 am
What's sad is there are folks who actually believe such nonsense. They also believe if we lose out that CBB should and will be back because he does things the "right way"(you know we still have some suffering to do for the 4 years we praised a sinner) and this is the most important part...that it is up to Long and only Long as to whether or not CBB is back next year as though Long is God of all things on the Hill and throughout the state.

If we lose out CBB will not be coaching here next year...period.

He shouldn't be coaching here next year no matter what happens the last 3 games.
For any program that values winning - that pink slip should already be signed and ready for delivery after the final game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hoglady on November 06, 2017, 08:29:58 am
He shouldn't be coaching here next year no matter what happens the last 3 games.
For any program that values winning - that pink slip should already be signed and ready for delivery after the final game.

Not advocating, and don't think it happens, but if we finish 8-5 with CK .. 4-4 SEC.. He'll have his chance to come back.. he might not for reasons unknown, but imo, we won't fire an 8-5 coach on a 6 game winning streak....

DemiHOG

DeltaBoy

If history repeats it's self we win in a close one down in Baton Rouge.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 06, 2017, 09:30:03 am

beat MSU and squander a 30 point lead against Missery...

bphi11ips

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 06, 2017, 08:01:11 am
18 points? Sure. Making a bet with people on the internet probably isn't the smartest thing to do but you seem the type to be a man of his word so I'll risk it. Let's do 100 dollar gift certificate to Hermans.

Hogs cover 18 points I'll send you gift certificate. They don't, you send me one. 100 bucks. If it's an even push neither of us win.

If you want to finalize the bet reply back and confirm.

Deal. This is the second time I've made a bet on Hogville. First time was an Ohio State fan from Napa. Got a nice bottle of wine out of it.

hoglady

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 06, 2017, 09:23:17 am
Not advocating, and don't think it happens, but if we finish 8-5 with CK .. 4-4 SEC.. He'll have his chance to come back.. he might not for reasons unknown, but imo, we won't fire an 8-5 coach on a 6 game winning streak....

Why - so he can piss away another season.
Showing everyone he's incapable of getting a team ready to play until November.
Does it really take 6 long seasons to see it?
Same song - different verse.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

LJHOG

solitons

first half LSU 31-0 Hogs
final Lsu 39-40 Hogs (Lsu fumble a few, and throw to our DB for pick 6 a few times) we win, and keep CBB
the largest come back from 31 points

hehawg

No worries Bret says all the problems can be corrected
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jst01

Quote from: solitons on November 06, 2017, 03:20:50 pm
first half LSU 31-0 Hogs
final Lsu 39-40 Hogs (Lsu fumble a few, and throw to our DB for pick 6 a few times) we win, and keep CBB
the largest come back from 31 points

totes dude. you nailed it.

Vantage 8 dude

Arkansas will cover 18.
Sandbagging against CC ??? :o Yeah, RIGGGGHHHHTTT!!! And with that risk the chance (and a real chance as it turned out) of suffering what would have been inarguably the most humiliating loss in program history :o Come on even a blind man could see we had our hands full all game long. BTW we aren't good enough to overlook ANYONE on our schedule....and yes, that most certainly included CC.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 06, 2017, 07:41:05 am
LSU is not prolific offensively.  Considering I expect them to ram it down our throats, that's probably a fair place to set the line.  I'll be shocked if they don't cover though.
Everyone seems to be prolific offensively against our defense.

Polecat

Quote from: hehawg on November 06, 2017, 03:33:46 pm
No worries Bret says all the problems can be corrected

Lots of meetings this week. Players better show up early or else
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

widespreadsooie

Wouldn't touch this line with a ten foot pole. Has to be inflated due to our showing last week. Austin Allen is back and LSU coming off Bama playing their first SEC home game at 11 since 2011 (I think). Wouldn't be surprised to see us keep it in the number but not a smart wager.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Polecat on November 06, 2017, 03:54:45 pm
Lots of meetings this week. Players better show up early or else
Well perhaps some might consider the "or else" option preferable.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 06, 2017, 03:56:45 pm
Wouldn't touch this line with a ten foot pole. Has to be inflated due to our showing last week. Austin Allen is back and LSU coming off Bama playing their first SEC home game at 11 since 2011 (I think). Wouldn't be surprised to see us keep it in the number but not a smart wager.
Need only go back to the Awbarn game this season for an 11:00 am start.

HogPharmer

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 06, 2017, 09:30:03 am

History means nothing when you've got a team that is so #UNCOMMON
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HotlantaHog

LSU is a mess and terribly coached, plus will be dispirited after losing to Alabama. That is the only reason the game could be close.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 06, 2017, 04:00:40 pm
Need only go back to the Awbarn game this season for an 11:00 am start.

Pretty sure it was the 2:30 CBS game.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 06, 2017, 04:06:59 pm
Pretty sure it was the 2:30 CBS game.
you are totally correct, sir. Obviously my "bad". I remember it was a day game because per usual it not being a night game the cajun coons hadn't awakened to their usual nasty selves. As such I was thinking it was an "early" game in the manner a majority of fans would consider the term. Not in the sense that you MUST not start an LSU game before 10:00 pm or else you'll catch their team just waking up.

Note to self: Google really is your friend. 8)

hoglady

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 06, 2017, 04:06:08 pm
LSU is a mess and terribly coached, plus will be dispirited after losing to Alabama. That is the only reason the game could be close.

I listened to some player interviews after the Bama loss.
I really didn't get that the team was down like they usually were under Les.
Didn't hear much quit or despair as in previous years.
If we aren't prepared and read to play - they will embarrass us.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hoglady on November 06, 2017, 05:17:42 pm
I listened to some player interviews after the Bama loss.
I really didn't get that the team was down like they usually were under Les.
Didn't hear much quit or despair as in previous years.
If we aren't prepared and read to play - they will embarrass us.
Got much the same "vib". While they we're obviously disappointed, they seemed to convey the attitude that they had given all they had. Alabama is still just more talented/better. I think under the circumstances they could live with that. They were certainly more offensively effective than last year's game.

jkstock04

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 06, 2017, 11:10:14 am
Deal. This is the second time I've made a bet on Hogville. First time was an Ohio State fan from Napa. Got a nice bottle of wine out of it.
Sounds good. I'm good with the bet but just so you know the main reason I found your original post hilarious was you suggesting we were sandbagging against coastal Carolina.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys