Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D'Vone McClure

Started by redleg, July 25, 2016, 03:15:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

D'Vone McClure, the former Hogs baseball signee who elected to play pro baseball after being drafted in the 4th round by the Cleveland Indians, is now with the Razorback football team as a WR. At 6'2" 218 lbs. with legit 4.5 speed or faster, he has the physical gifts to be a good receiver. D'Vone was an All-State WR at Jacksonville as a senior, and he is a few years older than the average freshman, so maybe that maturity will benefit him.

My question is this: Will McClure make an impact in the receiving corps this year?  ???

It could take McClure a year to learn the offense, but there is also so much depth at wideout this year, he may not have the chance to get on the field in 2016. I say "no" to my above question, but I will not be surprised to see him be a key cog in the Razorback offense in 2017 and/or 2018.
What say you, Hogville?
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hobhog

onebadrubi

Just my guess it will take him a full semester to get in too football shape.  Maybe a great redshirt and scout team guy this year.  If he see's the field though then hopefully he does see a few meaningful snaps because we could use all the experience possible going into next year.

welchog

Could be a set of fresh legs on ST.

welchog

Also be able to keep key players off the field on ST and save them for their major purpose.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hobhog on July 25, 2016, 03:28:01 pm
No brainer: redshirt.

At his age he would probably rather not even if his first year was mostly special teams work. But this is pure speculation on my part.

Another thing that might play into this is that he is not a scholarship player. The baseball team that drafted him is paying his way so whether or not they are on the hook for only 4 years may play into it.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

theFlyingHog

Looks like he's in pretty good shape to me.

Go Devils

KlubhouseKonnected

Between him and Kody Walker we have some grown men out there
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 25, 2016, 04:52:23 pm
Between him and Kody Walker we have some grown men out there
Having some leadership from these elder statesmen has to be good