Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 million on your backs!

Started by ChitownHawg, July 23, 2016, 06:07:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChitownHawg

Coach Herb "3 million people in the State of Arkansas take great pride in what you do. Put them on your backs..."

The freaks were out!

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sun-goes-down-racks-go-up-freaks-come-out/
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

oldhawg

Great motivational film.  Show it around.  Love me some Coach Herb.

Hog Fan from Camden

Love me some Coach Herb!  My kind of coach!

ChitownHawg

When the video first started I thought this is a bit down from last year's. Then when Herb told the players there are 3 million Arkansans....put them on your back - I was pumped.

He is a heck of a motivator. He almost got me off the couch.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

RebelW

Watch the video again and at the end of their max out you will see true Freshman Austin Capps put the weight up with ease. Coach Herb was like "WOW"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RebelW on July 23, 2016, 11:16:53 am
Watch the video again and at the end of their max out you will see true Freshman Austin Capps put the weight up with ease. Coach Herb was like "WOW"
that was my favorite part, too. He is the strongest dude we've had out of high school yet. he is a true cockstrong country boy.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

lumphog

COCHISE

Looks like Froholt has put on some good weight over the summer.

cc

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 23, 2016, 11:20:19 am
that was my favorite part, too. He is the strongest dude we've had out of high school yet. he is a true cockstrong country boy.

Most have no idea but are about to see it.  Just think that he's been playing baseball every year and basketball through 10th.

PorkRinds

I've literally watched the video like ten times. And it gives me chills every time.

ChitownHawg

I saw an interview with Coach Herb, I think last year, where he said there is an elite "invitation only" group to give the players something to shoot for.

As this obviously isn't the whole team, I'm wondering if this is that elite group?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 23, 2016, 02:44:32 pm
I saw an interview with Coach Herb, I think last year, where he said there is an elite "invitation only" group to give the players something to shoot for.

As this obviously isn't the whole team, I'm wondering if this is that elite group?

No Sir... That is referencing the Black Room and is reserved for the elite of the elite. 💪🏻🙂

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on July 23, 2016, 03:13:18 pm
No Sir... That is referencing the Black Room and is reserved for the elite of the elite. 💪🏻🙂

Thanks I couldn't remember the name just that there was one. Do you, or anyone, know how Coach Herb selects this group for freak night?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 23, 2016, 04:02:16 pm
Thanks I couldn't remember the name just that there was one. Do you, or anyone, know how Coach Herb selects this group for freak night?
Farm will have you believe that coach Herb invites only those with weak bones in their feet

ChitownHawg

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 23, 2016, 05:49:27 pm
Farm will have you believe that coach Herb invites only those with weak bones in their feet

Coach Herb is devious that way.  ;)

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 23, 2016, 01:49:42 pm
I've literally watched the video like ten times. And it gives me chills every time.
Did you notice the freshman Capps throw up his weight like it was nothing and see Herbert's reaction?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

B501

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 23, 2016, 07:39:44 pm
Did you notice the freshman Capps throw up his weight like it was nothing and see Herbert's reaction?

best part of the video

LRHawg

Shows just how valuable the S&C coach is to a team. We've got a real good one.

ARtillahog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 23, 2016, 07:39:44 pm

Yeah, Capps' was squatting 600 at that moment.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 23, 2016, 02:44:32 pm

The group for the lift was OLine, Dline and select skill players. In regard to Hjalte Froholdt as mentioned above, he's up over 320 now.  Looking good.  Not trying to be a know it all, but I've got inside info since my son was there.  Far right of the picture.  He said the atmosphere was amazing.  From Herbert's speech, Deatrich firing everyone up and then Ledbetter's backflip, it was amazing.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 24, 2016, 09:33:21 am
The group for the lift was OLine, Dline and select skill players. In regard to Hjalte Froholdt as mentioned above, he's up over 320 now.  Looking good.  Not trying to be a know it all, but I've got inside info since my son was there.  Far right of the picture.  He said the atmosphere was amazing.  From Herbert's speech, Deatrich firing everyone up and then Ledbetter's backflip, it was amazing.

I love it.
Go Hogs Go!

oldhawg

Also good for getting fans revved up.

ChitownHawg

You are not a know it all. You are providing insider info which has always been a strength of Hogville. Much appreciated.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 24, 2016, 11:06:20 am
You are not a know it all. You are providing insider info which has always been a strength of Hogville. Much appreciated.

Amen. We appreciate your special insight.
Go Hogs Go!

elksnort

WOW!

It this doesn't get you going, you will not get going.....

hamstring

Coach Herb is one of the top S&C coach in the country, If not the best.  :razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hamstring on July 24, 2016, 01:36:51 pm
Coach Herb is one of the top S&C coach in the country, If not the best.  :razorback:
his rep as the transformer and his ability as a recruiter have to put him in the conversation as the best. Add to that his loyalty to BB and the program, his ability to sweat on command (lol); his love of the Hogs is apparent and I for one wouldn't trade him for any strength coach on earth!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on July 23, 2016, 03:13:18 pm
capps will be there in no time.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: b501 on July 23, 2016, 08:50:13 pm
best part of the video
that and Hjalte punching himself in the head before throwing up his max. Kid is gonna be a monster at guard.
@Slackaveli

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: RebelW on July 23, 2016, 11:16:53 am

Holy moley. That was amazing.
[CENSORED]!