Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football News ranks all Teams from #1 to # 126

Started by WizardofhOgZ, July 22, 2016, 03:50:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/sec-football-schedules-predictions

If they are right and we start 5-0 with wins over TCU and A&M, I'm not buying this will be an Arkansas team that will lose 3 of its 4 SEC home games. 

Good to see 4 seasons in to be considered top 25. 

CFN and Fiutak have been very reasonable with how they rank teams and view our program specifically. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PORKULATOR

The writer Has Tennessee 11-1 and then states they'll have 2 tough conference losses.
Idiot
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Quote from: PORKULATOR on July 22, 2016, 04:19:44 pm
The writer Has Tennessee 11-1 and then states they'll have 2 tough conference losses.
Idiot
You didn't read that right, champ. He said 2 losses - 1 in the regular season and one in the SEC championship.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 22, 2016, 04:13:07 pm
http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/sec-football-schedules-predictions

If they are right and we start 5-0 with wins over TCU and A&M, I'm not buying this will be an Arkansas team that will lose 3 of its 4 SEC home games. 

Good to see 4 seasons in to be considered top 25. 

CFN and Fiutak have been very reasonable with how they rank teams and view our program specifically.

Yep. They usually give the Hogs more props than others, but those rankings as a whole are pretty sloppy.

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 22, 2016, 05:49:44 pm
Yep. They usually give the Hogs more props than others, but those rankings as a whole are pretty sloppy.

Yep, they are sloppy.

Not for sure why he seems to think Clemson will lose 2 games.  Their Offense will be better than it was last season.  Not really for sure how their 2016 Offense can be successfully defended by an opposing Defense.  A SEC team's fan posted over on a SEC Message Board in a thread about the Auburn/Clemson game that Clemson's Offense will be otherworldly.

On Defense, they really only have 1 question mark, and that is the CB opposite of Tankersley.  The possible starter for that CB spot is a 4 Star CB who won the Fastest Man competition at The Opening (Mark Fields).

Their ranking of Louisville, Tennessee, and Oklahoma is garbage.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Losing to Missouri? Smh.

We have to be the only program that can completely own teams (ole miss/lsu) and still be predicted to lost those games.

Calling All Hogs

Sorry Charlie. Texas won't be going 9-3 and beating Oklahoma. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 22, 2016, 03:50:48 pm

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/preseason-college-football-rankings-predicted-finish

Poppycock.  We'll lose to Bama and OlePiss (and Mizzeri will shock us) yet Bama will lose two of three, which includes Arkansas among those...? 

Hoggish1

Quote from: PORKULATOR on July 22, 2016, 04:19:44 pm
Idiot

Yes!

rtr

I think he is saying we are really really close.  Let's beat TCU and A&M and we then get our chance.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

bob slydell

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

trashcan maN

trashcan maN

Quote from: Bob Slydell on July 23, 2016, 05:13:06 pm
According to this, ASU would be a middle of the pack SEC team. I think that might lead me to lose a little faith in these rankings.
It's a predicted finished rankings - not power rankings. If ASU played our schedule, they'd be somewhere 110+ on this list.

Mitch C

Did Robert Shields write this article under a pen name?

Razorbacker79

Interesting predictions--just think he has us way wrong--we should have at least a winning conference record this season.  I'm also not on the LSU and TN bandwagon.

BTW, in the SEC predictions, he went goofball.  After predicting us to beat Auburn he then predicted Auburn would beat us.  The latter must have been a typo--if he had put us as a loss for Auburn then his prediction for conference record of 3-5 would add up, otherwise his game by game predictions of conference come out 4-4.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!