Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A good breakdown on the differences between Enos and Chaney at AR.

Started by ricepig, July 22, 2016, 10:37:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

That's the kind of analysis the Dem-Gaz has been missing for a long time.  HI is a welcome addition.  Kudos to Jimmy Walker. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PorkRinds

Great analysis. My guess was gonna be "about a hunnit and fiddy pounds".

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 22, 2016, 10:57:36 am
Great analysis. My guess was gonna be "about a hunnit and fiddy pounds".
330-180=150??

And I doubt Enos weighs 180#.

theFlyingHog

JackJohnson

I just have a hard time believing there is still a "respected" member of the media who defends all things Chaney and still doesn't understand why we let go of him, nor does he believe what we saw last year would have been any better or different then what would have happened under Chaney

That's the best article I've read from that publication in a long time.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2016, 10:58:17 am
330-180=150??

And I doubt Enos weighs 180#.

C'mon rice.  I don't know how much these guys actually weigh. It was a fat joke. Your threshold for realistic fat jokes is way too high.

younghog

From todays ArkDEMGaz.. Is probably hands down the best read on the two contrasting styles to date.. Long and detailed..

--excerpt
But the overriding theme of Enos' first season was his ability to 1) call wholly different games week-to-week predicated on matchups and 2) put his players in great positions on the field to succeed.

Enos routinely displayed his creativity as a playcaller, finding avenues to get the ball to playmakers in space in ways that fit each players' skill set and preyed on defensive issues, whether it was run-pass options and frequent bubble screens to capitalize on mismatches and alignment advantages on the edge, Reed's increased production and varied targets as the season progressed, Drew Morgan, unproductive under Chaney, repeatedly burning defenses on drag routes or finding new ways to spring Hunter Henry for his best season in cardinal and white despite opposing defenses knowing they needed to key on the best pass-catching tight end in college football.

The result? Space for playmakers. Against West foes as a senior, nearly 61 percent of Allen's attempts were on throws that traveled less than 10 yards down the field (he completed 69 percent of those passes while throwing 11 touchdowns and no interceptions). Many of Arkansas' big plays in the passing game came on short completions in space that allowed the receiver to turn upfield and gash opposing defenses for yards after the catch.

"The nuances and details of each route, the way he taught us the routes helped us improve the passing game," tight end Jeremy Sprinkle said.

By comparison, only 56 percent of Allen's passes against West foes in 2014 were on attempts of fewer than 10 yards. He completed fewer of the short throws (67 percent) and averaged less yards per completion in that department as a junior — his receivers had less opportunity to make plays after the catch. The flip side of that is he attempted more intermediate and long throws in Chaney's system, even though he was skittish at times when faced with a pass rush.

Enos was unpredictable as a playcaller from week-to-week, but he used Arkansas' historic strength — it's rushing attack — as a weapon in the pass game much more frequently than Chaney did. Against West foes, more than 43 percent of Arkansas' passing plays in 2015 (including sacks and scrambles) came off play action, a sizeable jump from 34 percent under Chaney in 2014. When Arkansas faced its stiffest competition, Enos made a concerted effort to keep defenses off balance, which resulted in Arkansas averaging 8.9 yards per play-action snap with Allen sporting a gaudy 16-1 touchdown to interception ratio. The Razorbacks were less effective in 2014, averaging 5.7 yards per snap with four touchdowns.
--end

Just wait till RWIII comes back and the screen game explodes..

I'm PUMPED..

GO HOGS

If you get a chance Grab a hardcopy or read it online.. http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/jul/22/comparing-contrasting-enos-and-chaney/

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Vantage 8 dude

In watching our offense closely last year under Enos I came away very impressed with his approach and ability to run a "balanced offense". To paraphrase DE's approach to such I remember he described it as the ability to successfully run whatever offense needed to attack a defense. Doesn't necessarily mean you have to be 50/50% run/pass. However, it does mean that you're able to (as the old saying goes) "take what the defense gives you" and produce results. One thing too that I believe showed our maturity as an offense last year was the huge jump in red zone efficiency as the season wore on. 

Early in the year against the likes of Toledo and TTU we quite often struggled to even score FGs, much less TDs. Obviously part of that improved productivity had to do with B. Allen, the offensive line and WRs becoming more comfortable with the new offense. Part of it also had to do with Enos' own confidence in the team's ability to carry out the plan he set down. I believe he also showed great patience as well as the obvious ability to "tweet" the game plan to respond to things happening on the field.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 22, 2016, 01:24:51 pm
C'mon rice.  I don't know how much these guys actually weigh. It was a fat joke. Your threshold for realistic fat jokes is way too high.

rice's day job is guessing people's weight at the carnival.  So he's sensitive to misstatements like yours, PR.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 22, 2016, 01:24:51 pm

I agree, I think it was more than 150#, Dan looks pretty fit. 

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 22, 2016, 04:04:32 pm
rice's day job is guessing people's weight at the carnival.  So he's sensitive to misstatements like yours, PR.

Nah, I'm used to guessing yields as I drive by a field, so I guess that's some form of weight guessing, especially with my banker.

supersaint

Enos was a master of confusing defenses and / or forcing them to make choices.  It really would be tough to prepare a defense for his offense. 
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

HogMantheIntruder

I've said it before. I'll say it again; Dan Enos is a Bobby Petrino level OC. As a signal caller, I actually think he could be a little better. I feel like CBP was more in love with the pass, whereas CDE is a true "take what the defense is giving us" coach. They're both offensive geniuses (real geniuses, not gimmicky Gus geniuses), but CDE seems to have a much better connection with his players, while still maintaining that eye for detail that made CBP so great. I hope he was being completely honest with us (and himself) when he said that being a HC isn't all it's cracked up to be, because the opportunities are going to be there. He is a unique talent.

P.S. 1500th post! I'm now a Hogvillian (I think). This is the greatest accomplishment of my... day.   :-\
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon