Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like it will be 100# sand bags to blame for any injuries......

Started by ricepig, July 21, 2016, 06:49:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

supersaint

I've walked those steps with a 45 lb plate in each hand. Sucks. Don't miss class.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ricepig

Quote from: supersaint on July 21, 2016, 07:22:02 pm
I've walked those steps with a 45 lb plate in each hand. Sucks. Don't miss class.

I guess that was heavier than the books, lol.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

FANONTHEHILL

That wasn't missing class.  That's part of the summer program.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 21, 2016, 07:47:38 pm
That wasn't missing class.  That's part of the summer program.

Nobody said it was, he said he did that for missing class back in the leather helmet days, or Apex days...

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: ricepig on July 21, 2016, 07:55:21 pm
Nobody said it was, he said he did that for missing class back in the leather helmet days, or Apex days...
I didn't state that very well.  Where I was going was if this is the normal, then how bad is it when you DO miss class.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 21, 2016, 08:03:12 pm
I didn't state that very well.  Where I was going was if this is the normal, then how bad is it when you DO miss class.

Lol, probably not good.

blu

Don't want to derail, but how's your boy doing this summer Fan?
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

supersaint

Quote from: ricepig on July 21, 2016, 07:55:21 pm

It was Apex!

I also had to walk those steps with a cinder block in each hand. That sucked more than the plates.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

ricepig

HogMantheIntruder

Former Hog?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 21, 2016, 09:37:53 pm
Dumb headline on OP.
Actually, that was pretty darn clever. If you'd like, I can explain what's funny about it. Who knows, you might even lol.  ;D
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 22, 2016, 01:15:48 pm
I was just messing with you.

Well, we may have to throw in "afraid of heights" after last night's weight session.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2016, 01:30:41 pm
Well, we may have to throw in "afraid of heights" after last night's weight session.

Gawd, I have had a rotten week. Ever have one of those? Incredibly bad.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 22, 2016, 01:33:06 pm
Gawd, I have had a rotten week. Ever have one of those? Incredibly bad.

Yeah, sitting with my 96 yr old Dad in the hospital. I flew back from the beach on Tuesday. He's too old for gallbladder surgery, and we hope the drugs will help. I know you've been dealing with some issues, I pray the will improve.

Boog41

The old Razorback reminder, huh?

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

lumphog

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2016, 01:38:36 pm
Yeah, sitting with my 96 yr old Dad in the hospital. I flew back from the beach on Tuesday. He's too old for gallbladder surgery, and we hope the drugs will help. I know you've been dealing with some issues, I pray the will improve.
Prayers for both of ya #GodBless

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: blu on July 21, 2016, 08:09:22 pm
Don't want to derail, but how's your boy doing this summer Fan?
Thanks for asking.  Fully immersed in Body by Herb.  Came in last fall as a walk on olineman at 6'2" and had dropped weight to about 255. (He was hurt during playoffs and non weight bearing on his leg for 3 months and atrophied quite a bit) As of this past week 6'3", 282 and growing.  His bench, squat and agility have improved by leaps and bounds.  They wanted him in the 275 area by this time, so he's ahead of schedule.  Final goal is 290-295.  He ran every snap at LG for Red in the spring game.  He's got a way to go, but hopes to dress and possibly see some time this year.  If not, he's prepared to run scout and give the ones a good look.  Loves Coach Anderson and these new freshmen and transfers.  Fired up to get it going a week from Tuesday.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 24, 2016, 09:42:42 am
Thanks for asking.  Fully immersed in Body by Herb.  Came in last fall as a walk on olineman at 6'2" and had dropped weight to about 255. (He was hurt during playoffs and non weight bearing on his leg for 3 months and atrophied quite a bit) As of this past week 6'3", 282 and growing.  His bench, squat and agility have improved by leaps and bounds.  They wanted him in the 275 area by this time, so he's ahead of schedule.  Final goal is 290-295.  He ran every snap at LG for Red in the spring game.  He's got a way to go, but hopes to dress and possibly see some time this year.  If not, he's prepared to run scout and give the ones a good look.  Loves Coach Anderson and these new freshmen and transfers.  Fired up to get it going a week from Tuesday.

I am so very happy for you and your son. I know you have to be proud, and I know he has to love being a part of this group. A lot of success can be derived by being happy with where you are and obviously he has a very dedicated work ethic. He wasn't born with that, he was taught that by his parents. Proud he is a Hog.
Go Hogs Go!

oldhawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 24, 2016, 09:42:42 am

Thanks for the insights that you provide.  Wish your son all the luck and good fortune in the world.  Sounds like he is gaining it through dedication and hard work.