Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The season is almost here...

Started by ballinhog, July 20, 2016, 07:11:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinhog

We're right around the corner from the first practice and I haven't seen much talk about the uniforms for the upcoming season. For the past several years every style of uniform we've had was worn for 2 years each, and the ones we wore last year was our 2nd year with that look, so does anybody have any idea if we're gonna have new ones this year? Personally I hope so bc I wasn't really big on the ones we've had the past couple years, as if anybody in the world cares what I think lol

I wish we would go back to the 2006-2007 or the 2010-2011 style. Each of those were my personal favorites

Ragnar Hogbrok

You know we're getting close to football season when the uniform threads start.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Dr. Starcs

DLUXHOG

It's not a beauty contest ya know....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ballinhog

I was disappointed no one had started one yet. I've been looking every day thinking somebody will ask

ballinhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 20, 2016, 07:14:57 pm
Oh for Pete's sakes.

Some are interested and some aren't. The uniforms just happen to be something I'm interested in.

If it petes sakes you then just scroll on by lol

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: ballinhog on July 20, 2016, 07:11:02 pm
We're right around the corner from the first practice and I haven't seen much talk about the uniforms for the upcoming season. For the past several years every style of uniform we've had was worn for 2 years each, and the ones we wore last year was our 2nd year with that look, so does anybody have any idea if we're gonna have new ones this year? Personally I hope so bc I wasn't really big on the ones we've had the past couple years, as if anybody in the world cares what I think lol

I wish we would go back to the 2006-2007 or the 2010-2011 style. Each of those were my personal favorites

Please let us have your thoughts on LR games, the inventor of the Wildcat, Mustain v. Nutt and plagiarism.

ballinhog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on July 20, 2016, 07:17:30 pm
It's not a beauty contest ya know....

Well yes of course I'm well aware of that. The uniforms are just simply something I have an interest in.

ballinhog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on July 20, 2016, 07:23:20 pm
Please let us have your thoughts on LR games, the inventor of the Wildcat, Mustain v. Nutt and plagiarism.

Play em all in Fayetteville, I don't care about the coach who "invented it" bc I try to not think about that mess back then so I just call Dmac and Felix the inventors (I guess), wish Mustain woulda stayed and wish Nutt had left sooner.

PonderinHog

War Damn Mockingbird with pine cones, apple blossoms, diamonds, rifles, antlers, and a generous slathering of corporate logos!   :razorback:

gawntrail

ballinhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 20, 2016, 07:33:08 pm
War Damn Mockingbird with pine cones, apple blossoms, diamonds, rifles, antlers, and a generous slathering of corporate logos!   :razorback:

I'd buy it

ballinhog

Tom in Fort Worth

I have been waiting for it too.  Maybe the "tusks" will go away, if we do get new uniforms this year.

Bacon_Bitz

I'm tired of the font. We should just go Times New Roman.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hoghevn

Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

During the spring game, I counted the rotations on AA's 5 yard pass.  BA had an extra 3/4 ball rotation on the same pass.  I wonder if Austin needs to work on his release, or does BA have a stronger arm?  Now I think AA's uniform might have been on too tight.  I ain't sure.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The Big O Oliver Squeeler on July 21, 2016, 07:16:05 am
During the spring game, I counted the rotations on AA's 5 yard pass.  BA had an extra 3/4 ball rotation on the same pass.  I wonder if Austin needs to work on his release, or does BA have a stronger arm?  Now I think AA's uniform might have been on too tight.  I ain't sure.
Won't it be hard for AA to run QB sneaks if he's wearing a green jersey or is something wrong with my TV?

farmhawg

Throw the tv out and get a new one so rev can bedazzle it for you.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

oldhawg

If the Razorbacks came out with a Maryland type of uniform and helmet, that would spur some interest in uniform discussion.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: oldhawg on July 21, 2016, 08:05:43 am
If the Razorbacks came out with a Maryland type of uniform and helmet, that would spur some interest in uniform discussion.

:puke:  :puke:  :puke:
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Hogs-n-Roses

I respectfully writeyou back to inform you that these are not
the perfect offseason topics.
Not once did you mention trains, getting drunk, the rain nor longhorns.
I would gladly entertain the idea of a final verse mentioning these.
Other subjects could include deer hunting,cheating competitors, drunken/DUI/stoned student athletes.
recruiting bases,immoral coaches and sales men who become coaches.
Please feel free to use any David allen Coe or Hank Jr. references.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on July 21, 2016, 08:49:33 am
I respectfully writeyou back to inform you that these are not
the perfect offseason topics.
Not once did you mention trains, getting drunk, the rain nor longhorns.
I would gladly entertain the idea of a final verse mentioning these.
Other subjects could include deer hunting,cheating competitors, drunken/DUI/stoned student athletes.
recruiting bases,immoral coaches and sales men who become coaches.
Please feel free to use any David allen Coe or Hank Jr. references.

"I was drunk, the day the Hogs played........."

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ricepig on July 21, 2016, 08:52:08 am
"I was drunk, the day the Hogs played........."
Although I accept your beginning. Full stanza's are necessary.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on July 21, 2016, 08:58:47 am
There's a hole in Frank Broyles Field
Where the money goes...

ricepig

Well, I was going to let other's play along.

hoggusamoungus

I was drunk the night the 'Horns got raped in Houston
But before I could get to my deer stand, I had a flat on my Ford Fusion
So I hung around the trailer, lookin' for some girls from Baylor
When all my rowdy friends showed up with a flask and a Laremy Tunsil mask

That's all I got so someone take it from there.

RzRbAcK18

I could care less but because this is Hogville and everyone has an opinion, I vote to make the "throwback" uniforms permanent.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ballinhog on July 20, 2016, 07:11:02 pm

Here is a thread on this subject from earlier in the off-season . . . read away to your heart's content!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=608630.msg10158018#msg10158018