Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1000 yard rushers

Started by Terryproy, July 19, 2016, 09:14:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Razorbacks will have 2 1000 yard rushers ?

Yes
48 (39.7%)
No
73 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 09:14:49 am

Terryproy

Biggus Piggus

I'm thinking one over 1,000 yards, one close to 1,000, and one more like 500.

It's going to be fun to watch this play out + see how Enos works all these backs into the offense.

I bet we see more passes to backs this season vs. last.
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

No, but I think we'll rush for well over two thousand yards!   :razorback:

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Cinco de Hogo

I don't think it's in the cards this year but the effort will be there.  Coach will try to get CW as many yards as possible but I don't know if he is a 1000 yd back.  Staying healthy will be key to any of them hitting that mark and right now the only ones 100% haven't played a down.

jneal56

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 19, 2016, 10:13:13 am
I don't think it's in the cards this year but the effort will be there.  Coach will try to get CW as many yards as possible but I don't know if he is a 1000 yd back.  Staying healthy will be key to any of them hitting that mark and right now the only ones 100% haven't played a down.

CW? Haven't heard of him I suppose. We have a KW, RW, DW but haven't heard of a CW.
"At least we are moral"

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 19, 2016, 10:13:13 am

Corliss Williamson, yoo foo.
[CENSORED]!

Atlhogfan1

2013 - 301 att 1782 yds passing 474 att 2504 yds rushing
2014 - 359 for 2444 passing and 557 for 2834 rushing
2015 - 374 for 3486 passing and 512 for 2565 rushing

With Enos as OC, our strength and depth at WR and Sprinkle and passes to backs, I'm going guess we may not make it to 500 rushing attempts. 

I'll guess top rusher 1100 yards (Whaley)
600 yards (Williams)
500 yards (Walker)
100 yards (Hammonds)
100 yards (Duwop)
Add in a little for the wr runs.

The order may change as pass protection and ability to catch the ball will be important.  Walker should have the advantage and this may increase his snaps and carries and decrease Whaley's.  I do think our passing game will be effective if AA can make quick correct decisions and our line can be avg at protection which should help the RB's. 

It will also depend on our defense.  How often are we going to be in shootouts or chasing like last season vs AU, OM and MSU?  TCU and A&M will test this early. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JayBell

Quote from: jneal56 on July 19, 2016, 12:18:48 pmCW? Haven't heard of him I suppose. We have a KW, RW, DW but haven't heard of a CW.

You're probably not their target audience.  They tend to program shows for younger demos.

buldozer

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: jneal56 on July 19, 2016, 12:18:48 pm
CW? Haven't heard of him I suppose. We have a KW, RW, DW but haven't heard of a CW.

Sorry, wasn't thanking!

bphi11ips

We'll miss Alex Collins' vision, but Rawleigh Williams is better than Hogville gives him credit for being:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfraGYtLOsc

The numbers he put up in high school were much better than his recruiting ranking.  Not sure why, but he showed what he can do when he's healthy at Tennessee last year.

Devwah Whaley is no doubt a talent.  He showed strength in high school and a knack for running north and south.  If he can step in as quickly as Collins did, and they were ranked similarly out of high school, Arkansas will have another good year on the ground.  2500 yards rushing and 3000 passing are doable.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Atlhogfan1

I want to see how Rawleigh returns from the injury. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tequilin' Time

hview

I see no reason why the trend can't continue, 2 over 1000 and perhaps another RB not too far behind. 

bennyl08

RW3 will be our JWill this year. Kody will start the season on pace for a 1k yard season, averaging over 80 yards a game over the first 4-5 games while Whaley pulls in about 40-50 a game at first. Sometime, mid-season, Whaley will overtake Walker to be 1a/1b with Rawleigh. Kody finishes the season in the 600 range of yards with around 8 td's, Whaley finishes with about 750 yards and 4 td's, RW3 breaks the 1k yard mark in the bowl game with about 10 td's.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: hview on July 19, 2016, 02:40:21 pm
I see no reason why the trend can't continue, 2 over 1000 and perhaps another RB not too far behind.

1 season with 2 over 1000 rushing hardly constitutes a trend...

Now, if we modify this thread to asking if we have 2 backs over 1k total yards, then I say yes.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

26.2Hog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 19, 2016, 09:17:12 am
I'm thinking one over 1,000 yards, one close to 1,000, and one more like 500.

It's going to be fun to watch this play out + see how Enos works all these backs into the offense.

I bet we see more passes to backs this season vs. last.

I think this is pretty much spot on, and that we'll have a back with a combination 1,000 yds. rushing and receiving.

factchecker

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 19, 2016, 01:21:42 pm
We'll miss Alex Collins' vision, but Rawleigh Williams is better than Hogville gives him credit for being:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfraGYtLOsc

Good post... here is another RWIII highlight video:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

AugustaHog

I would love to see TJ Hammonds in that fly sweep role that Melvin Gordon filled in CBB's last season at Wisconsin.  He can catch and he can surely fly.  If we add that element to the offense, we would give DCs fits.  It'd be nice to see him get 300+ yds as well.  I could see RW3 and Devwah taking most of the carries down the stretch.  I figure Kody will be more heavily involved early and fit into a short yardage role as the season progresses.  If the younger guys are as advertised, I can't see him holding them off all year.

DiamondHogFan

I think it will be a heavy dose of KW and RWIII to begin the year with DW slowly increasing carries.  This seemed to be the way they were working RWIII into the mix last year with AC and KW as the workhorses early.  Unfortunately, RWIII suffered the injury just as he was getting up to speed.

And if any of those go down or are unproductive, Hammonds will be more than capable of sharing the load.

But my answer to the poll is "no".  I think we have 1 1000 yard rusher that will separate himself as the clear #1 and then 2/3 will share carries.  No clue who #1 will be, and we probably won't until the A&M game.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 19, 2016, 02:44:34 pm
RW3 will be our JWill this year. Kody will start the season on pace for a 1k yard season, averaging over 80 yards a game over the first 4-5 games while Whaley pulls in about 40-50 a game at first. Sometime, mid-season, Whaley will overtake Walker to be 1a/1b with Rawleigh. Kody finishes the season in the 600 range of yards with around 8 td's, Whaley finishes with about 750 yards and 4 td's, RW3 breaks the 1k yard mark in the bowl game with about 10 td's.

I could see RW3 being our 1,000 yard rusher.  Just want to see he is mentally past that injury and doesn't show hesitation. 

hamstring

I think we see one 1000 yd rusher RWIII and another between 6-9 KW. :razorback: