Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCU

Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 18, 2016, 12:08:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Looks like they will be without one of their top returning players all season. Shaun Nixon who was second only behind Josh Doctson in receptions last season will me the season due to an undisclosed injury!! I think that's some great news for us!!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

sickboy

Yeah -- good for us, I suppose. But sucks for Nixon. Hope het gets better quick.

AirWarren

Yes. Fantastic news a young man was injured!!!

BigSexyHog

Quote from: AP85 on July 18, 2016, 12:21:20 pm
Yes. Fantastic news a young man was injured!!!

You don't get out much do you?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Ragnar Hogbrok

I never get happy over an opponent's injury.  That sucks.

I may breath a slight sigh of relief, but I'll never celebrate someone getting hurt.  Except Johnny Manziel.  I'd cheer if he became Johnny Legbraces.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

go hogues

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on July 18, 2016, 12:08:35 pm
Looks like they will be without one of their top returning players all season. Shaun Nixon who was second only behind Josh Doctson in receptions last season will me the season due to an undisclosed injury!! I think that's some great news for us!!
Keep in mind, we always lose one or two key contributors in fall camp each year. Hope your post doesn't spread negative karma.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

AirWarren

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 18, 2016, 12:29:29 pm

You don't get out much do you?

Nope, not "cool" enough to be in the Hogville in crowd.

GrizzlyRider07

Goodness it never fails!! Some of you "adults" crack me up on how you take everything said on here literally. Clearly I wasn't meaning I'm glad the kid is hurt. It's even sad that I'm even having to say this but whatever. I was clearly stating that its great that they won't be at full strength this year when they play us regardless of the circumstances.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Whiskeyhog

Did those two recruits that Arkansas dropped and ended up committing to TCU pan out?   

AugustaHog

That looks like a big blow to them for sure.  47 receptions is quite a bit in college, especially as a RB.  He only had 16 totes for 66 yds though, worth about 4 ypc.  I'm sure he was expected to do more this year since he saw so much time as a FR.  Get well soon young man!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on July 18, 2016, 12:43:52 pm
Goodness it never fails!! Some of you "adults" crack me up on how you take everything said on here literally. Clearly I wasn't meaning I'm glad the kid is hurt. It's even sad that I'm even having to say this but whatever. I was clearly stating that its great that they won't be at full strength this year when they play us regardless of the circumstances.

Failed again..

KlubhouseKonnected

Get well soon Mr. Nixon
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Polecat

However, TCU signed the Green kid, grad transfer RB from Michigan last week. Guy we were said to be looking at, back in the spring
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

RebelW

It's the daily Norm. Another panty waste got offended for not being as "politically correct" and show your soft emotions for a kid that got injured plying a contact sport in what will be a competitive series. I bet you killary signs in your front yard

onebadrubi

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on July 18, 2016, 12:50:25 pm
Did those two recruits that Arkansas dropped and ended up committing to TCU pan out?

I'd be curious on this as well. 

Grizzly, don't mind them. You always have to remember the crowd here

Bacons Rebellion

If the Fates decree that this young man be injured, I'm happy the event has happened before our game and not after our game, because he is younger now and better able to recover.

sickboy

Quote from: RebelW on July 18, 2016, 11:25:42 pm
It's the daily Norm. Another panty waste got offended for not being as "politically correct" and show your soft emotions for a kid that got injured plying a contact sport in what will be a competitive series. I bet you killary signs in your front yard

Dang, look out. How 'bout you leave some testosterone for the rest of there, John Wayne. I'm gettin' all confused by these soft emotions clouding my usually manly, unfettered, freedom loving brain.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: RebelW on July 18, 2016, 11:25:42 pm
Dad'gum dang right! Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

MuskogeeHogFan

It's a shame anytime that any player gets hurt, but this kid was listed as the #2 RB (shifted from WR), so while it may hurt their depth, it is difficult to say how much impact it will really have on their offense. He averaged about 5 yds rushing per game last year, and 38-39 yds receiving per game.

The bigger story is the loss of Boykin, Aaron Green at RB, 2 of their 4 starters at WR and 4 of their 5 starters on the O-Line. They will be in better shape on defense though Dick Bumpas (DC) has finally hung up the whistle.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 19, 2016, 07:28:39 am
It's a shame anytime that any player gets hurt, but this kid was listed as the #2 RB (shifted from WR), so while it may hurt their depth, it is difficult to say how much impact it will really have on their offense. He averaged about 5 yds rushing per game last year, and 38-39 yds receiving per game.

The bigger story is the loss of Boykin, Aaron Green at RB, 2 of their 4 starters at WR and 4 of their 5 starters on the O-Line. They will be in better shape on defense though Dick Bumpas (DC) has finally hung up the whistle.

How many returning starters do they have on defense?? Maybe 5??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 19, 2016, 08:21:53 am

8 (according to Phil Steele)
Go Hogs Go!

RazorbackBassist

This is going to be a great game. Go HOgs

bolo1010

I know what you were trying to say but me personally, I'd rather have a team at full strength.  That way if we win there's no excuses for the other team.

"Well if ____ would have played, TCU would have beat Arkansas"

Nah,  come at us at full strength.

We not scare.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bolo1010 on July 19, 2016, 08:17:36 pm
I know what you were trying to say but me personally, I'd rather have a team at full strength.  That way if we win there's no excuses for the other team.

"Well if ____ would have played, TCU would have beat Arkansas"

Nah,  come at us at full strength.

We not scare.

The guy he mentioned hasn't been a major contributor so far, so it really makes no difference.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on July 18, 2016, 12:43:52 pm

You may want to word you posts in a way that doesn't make you look like you're happy someone got hurt.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 19, 2016, 08:21:53 am

Their D-Line wasn't bad last year, but they lose 62% of their starts on the D-Line, their two-deep at DE on the right side and a DT, but they return the majority of their Tackles, TFL and Sacks.

The good news is that though they return all of their LB's, they were about as, if not less so, effective as our LB group last year and, they are lighter, but then they play a 4-2-5 (using a walked-up DB as a LB a lot of the time), or at least they did under Bumpas. I doubt that will change.
Go Hogs Go!