Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Site predicts the Hogs win 9 and come in 3rd in the West

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, July 17, 2016, 06:35:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

July 17, 2016, 06:35:11 am Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:35:31 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Maybe they are right? Who knows? Personally I'm thinking 7-8 wins, 9 wins if that oblong ball takes a bounce in our favor at a key moment in a key game.

They also predict the SEC East outcome and it isn't just Tennessee who is on top.

3.  Arkansas Razorbacks – Brett Bielema's squad returns the defense nearly intact.  They'll break in a new QB as Austin Allen takes over for his brother Brandon Allen.  Bielema has inexperience on the offensive line but he usually get a great performance out of that unit season after season.  The Hogs have the schedule to be contenders.

http://sportsformulator.com/en/2016-preseason-sec-football-predictions/
Go Hogs Go!

FANONTHEHILL

This is the article to read for the cautiously optimistic.  I agree fully.  If our OLine comes together,and you know I have a vested interest in that, it could be a special year. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ICEman

This article from that data driven website sounds like it was written by a computer without a built-in grammar correction algorithm.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Bacons Rebellion

I always like to read an article that doesn't just toe the same line -- whether it is pro or con regarding us.

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 06:35:11 am
Maybe they are right? Who knows? Personally I'm thinking 7-8 wins, 9 wins if that oblong ball takes a bounce in our favor at a key moment in a key game.

They also predict the SEC East outcome and it isn't just Tennessee who is on top.

3.  Arkansas Razorbacks – Brett Bielema's squad returns the defense nearly intact.  They'll break in a new QB as Austin Allen takes over for his brother Brandon Allen.  Bielema has inexperience on the offensive line but he usually get a great performance out of that unit season after season.  The Hogs have the schedule to be contenders.

http://sportsformulator.com/en/2016-preseason-sec-football-predictions/

They've been reading my posts.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

FANONTHEHILL

Did you click the link to the Bowl Predictions. It has Ark and Ole Miss both 9-3 overall with us at 6-2 in the Sec and OM at 5-3.  Despite conference record, it had OM in the Outback and Ark in the Texas Bowl.  I know that none of these predictions mean anything, but something for the "we get no respect" crowd to gnaw on!
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 17, 2016, 07:50:16 am
They've been reading my posts.

Here's another that possesses a little more of a detailed review/prediction and reflects more of the uncertainty that most project due to so many unknowns at this point.

Can Arkansas take that next step and seriously compete in the SEC West?

Outlook: Arkansas has the potential to be a sneaky team in the SEC again if the secondary can limit big plays. We're talking about a defense that allowed 74 passing plays of at least 15 yards last season. The Razorbacks have the offensive playmakers and a terrific offensive line to where they can put points up. A lot of the success will be determined on the improvement of the defense. Arkansas can win anywhere from six to nine games this season.

http://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2016/06/03/arkansas-razorbacks-2016-college-football-preview-schedule-prediction-depth-chart-outlook
Go Hogs Go!

goodguytex

There are a lot of unknowns going into this season, that if they fall the right way, we could very well end up with 9 or 10 wins. But that's a big if. Won't be as many next year. Next year I think we will be a legit pick to win the west. Even more so in 2018.

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 08:39:04 am
Here's another that possesses a little more of a detailed review/prediction and reflects more of the uncertainty that most project due to so many unknowns at this point.

Outlook: Arkansas has the potential to be a sneaky team in the SEC again if the secondary can limit big plays. We're talking about a defense that allowed 74 passing plays of at least 15 yards last season. The Razorbacks have the offensive playmakers and a terrific offensive line to where they can put points up. A lot of the success will be determined on the improvement of the defense. Arkansas can win anywhere from six to nine games this season.

http://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2016/06/03/arkansas-razorbacks-2016-college-football-preview-schedule-prediction-depth-chart-outlook

6 to 9 is Phil Steele's range.  He's usually more definite.  Defense should be much better.  QB and O-line will be deciding factor.  If the ball bounces the right way at home we could win the West.

Quote from: goodguytex on July 17, 2016, 09:53:47 am
There are a lot of unknowns going into this season, that if they fall the right way, we could very well end up with 9 or 10 wins. But that's a big if. Won't be as many next year. Next year I think we will be a legit pick to win the west. Even more so in 2018.

Next year will be tough.  We lose a lot on the defensive line and at wide receiver.  Plus the schedule flips.  Odd years are not kind to Arkansas. 

longpig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 17, 2016, 08:16:34 am
Did you click the link to the Bowl Predictions. It has Ark and Ole Miss both 9-3 overall with us at 6-2 in the Sec and OM at 5-3.  Despite conference record, it had OM in the Outback and Ark in the Texas Bowl.  I know that none of these predictions mean anything, but something for the "we get no respect" crowd to gnaw on!

9 wins we should be a strong candidate for Cotton.
Don't be scared, be smart.

trashcan maN

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 08:39:04 am

He calls out the DBs, but from where I sat last year, it was the lack of pressure that allowed most of those big plays. DBs can't cover forever.

I look for our DL to get back to form this year as far as pass rush is concerned

MuskogeeHogFan

July 17, 2016, 01:31:17 pm #11 Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:54:02 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: trashcan maN on July 17, 2016, 11:27:00 am
He calls out the DBs, but from where I sat last year, it was the lack of pressure that allowed most of those big plays. DBs can't cover forever.

I look for our DL to get back to form this year as far as pass rush is concerned

All teams (most anyway) have some weakness somewhere that effects another part of their defense. If we you have a weak pass rush, it puts pressure on the LB's and Secondary to provide longer and better coverage.

If you have a solid rush and the Secondary is strong in coverage, you better have LB's who are also good in pass coverage or teams will find a way to pass quickly, underneath your coverage taking a chance that their receivers can break free for greater YAC.

If you don't have a consistent, solid pass rush and you are trying to stop the run, and you don't have LB's who are very good at pass defense with one of the reasons being that their primary mission is to stop the run and are late to, or out of position for, pass coverage, your Secondary is left on an island. Unless your Secondary is filled with guys that are all future first three round draft choices, you probably aren't going to have a lot of success.

It isn't just the front 4, or just the LB's, or just the Secondary, it is the sum total and a scheme that you are forced to play due to the personnel that you have on hand and the sum total of their experience and collective ability.

I think that we will be a lot better at all three levels this year.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: longpig on July 17, 2016, 10:49:17 am
9 wins we should be a strong candidate for Cotton.

The SEC no longer has a connection to the Cotton Bowl. The Cotton Bowl is now in the National Championship playoff rotation.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2016, 01:31:52 pm
The SEC no longer has a connection to the Cotton Bowl. The Cotton Bowl is now in the National Championship playoff rotation.

Incorrect, Guv.

The Cotton Bowl doesn't enter the CFB Play-Off rotation until 2018. See the link.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/future-sites-and-schedules
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 01:39:39 pm
Incorrect, Guv.

The Cotton Bowl doesn't enter the CFB Play-Off rotation until 2018. See the link.

Got it, my mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 17, 2016, 10:40:28 am
6 to 9 is Phil Steele's range.  He's usually more definite.  Defense should be much better.  QB and O-line will be deciding factor.  If the ball bounces the right way at home we could win the West.

Next year will be tough.  We lose a lot on the defensive line and at wide receiver.  Plus the schedule flips.  Odd years are not kind to Arkansas.

Last year was an odd year, and given how we lost to Toledo, A&M, and MSU, we could have been 11-2.  Granted, we got some luck beating Auburn and Ole Miss, but luck is always involved. Look at Auburn's National Championship year.

EFBAB

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on July 17, 2016, 02:14:54 pm
Last year was an odd year, and given how we lost to Toledo, A&M, and MSU, we could have been 11-2.  Granted, we got some luck beating Auburn and Ole Miss, but luck is always involved. Look at Auburn's National Championship year.

EFBAB

Let's assume that we beat everyone in OOC that we should beat. That makes us 3-0.

There is TCU who has lost a lot to include their playmaking QB, starting RB, 2 of their 4 starters at WR and 4 of 5 starters on the O-Line. They return 3 of their front 4, all of their LB's, a SS and a CB on defense. They are not unbeatable despite playing them in Ft. Worth early in the season. If anything is against us, it is playing them early. I think it will be a defensive struggle for most of the game with us wearing them down late, coming away with a close win. Add another win, 4-0.

We will beat A&M this year but it will be difficult, their defense should be very improved while their offense takes a step back. Another close game, but this time we win. Add another win. 5-0

I'm just not convinced that we are to the point that we can beat Alabama but we will give them all they want in a close loss. 5-1

Despite what the Pundits want to predict, I see Ole Miss taking a step back and us beating them again this year in RRS and it won't be decided by a last of the game, miracle throw back by one of or TE's. Add another win. 6-1

The Auburn game should be a win for us because they haven't shown any indication of coming together as a team. But if Gus finds a QB to run his offense, they have enough returning to be dangerous and with it being in their house, I'm going to say we lose close. 6-2

Florida and LSU, boy oh boy I have no idea how those 2 will turn out. Florida has a lot of talent and LSU should be the team to win it all in the SEC this year, unless the Les Miles factor intercedes. I can't call those two games at this point. We could come out of those 2 games at 8-2, 7-3 or 6-4.

I think we sweep the last two games with Miss State and Missouri ending up anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2. 9-3 would not surprise me though I expect 8-4 in the regular season.

Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

This could be a great year or HELL in the Cellar.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on July 17, 2016, 04:38:00 pm
This could be a great year or HELL in the Cellar.

If it is hell in the cellar, something has gone drastically wrong like, bad QB play, RB's not stepping up, the OL not coming together, the LB'ers not playing at a higher level than last year, same for the Secondary, no improvement in the kicking game and a butt-load of injuries. ;)

I can't see any way in hades that all of that goes wrong.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 04:42:55 pm
If it is hell in the cellar, something has gone drastically wrong like, bad QB play, RB's not stepping up, the OL not coming together, the LB'ers not playing at a higher level than last year, same for the Secondary, no improvement in the kicking game and a butt-load of injuries. ;)

I can't see any way in hades that all of that goes wrong.

The past few years have tempered my hopes with this program.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on July 17, 2016, 04:46:23 pm
The past few years have tempered my hopes with this program.

I understand. The biggest frustration seems to be that when we get one unit coming together, we don't have the other unit coming together. Or, our ST's aren't up to snuff and cost us some games we should have won.

It would be nice, and I think that time is coming, if everything does come together, that we can produce on as high of a level on offense as we do on defense and the ST's also produce at a high level. Just seems like when we have 1 working, we fail to produce in the other two, and that never works. It is a great way to win 6 or 7 games every season and I don't want to see us continually linger around that level of production.
Go Hogs Go!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 02:52:51 pm
Let's assume that we beat everyone in OOC that we should beat. That makes us 3-0.

There is TCU who has lost a lot to include their playmaking QB, starting RB, 2 of their 4 starters at WR and 4 of 5 starters on the O-Line. They return 3 of their front 4, all of their LB's, a SS and a CB on defense. They are not unbeatable despite playing them in Ft. Worth early in the season. If anything is against us, it is playing them early. I think it will be a defensive struggle for most of the game with us wearing them down late, coming away with a close win. Add another win, 4-0.

We will beat A&M this year but it will be difficult, their defense should be very improved while their offense takes a step back. Another close game, but this time we win. Add another win. 5-0

I'm just not convinced that we are to the point that we can beat Alabama but we will give them all they want in a close loss. 5-1

Despite what the Pundits want to predict, I see Ole Miss taking a step back and us beating them again this year in RRS and it won't be decided by a last of the game, miracle throw back by one of or TE's. Add another win. 6-1

The Auburn game should be a win for us because they haven't shown any indication of coming together as a team. But if Gus finds a QB to run his offense, they have enough returning to be dangerous and with it being in their house, I'm going to say we lose close. 6-2

Florida and LSU, boy oh boy I have no idea how those 2 will turn out. Florida has a lot of talent and LSU should be the team to win it all in the SEC this year, unless the Les Miles factor intercedes. I can't call those two games at this point. We could come out of those 2 games at 8-2, 7-3 or 6-4.

I think we sweep the last two games with Miss State and Missouri ending up anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2. 9-3 would not surprise me though I expect 8-4 in the regular season.

Pretty close to my thinking.  Could be 9-3. Could be 7-5.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 17, 2016, 10:40:28 am

One thing that you can say about the Razorbacks right now is that it sure isn't boring. So much depends on the level of development that the players in several position groups have attained over the off season and none of us, short of a very few, have any kind of a handle on that. Part of it depends on our newcomers as well and whether or not they are SEC ready to contribute at a high level.

It's kinda like waiting for Christmas morning. Are we gifted a Ferrari or a pair of socks? ;)

August 4th is 17 days away.
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 18, 2016, 06:27:47 am
One thing that you can say about the Razorbacks right now is that it sure isn't boring. So much depends on the level of development that the players in several position groups have attained over the off season and none of us, short of a very few, have any kind of a handle on that. Part of it depends on our newcomers as well and whether or not they are SEC ready to contribute at a high level.

It's kinda like waiting for Christmas morning. Are we gifted a Ferrari or a pair of socks? ;)

August 4th is 17 days away.

Maybe this should go in "Bold Predictions". 

Austin Allen will be solid and one of the better QBs in the SEC.  The O-line is athletic and better than anyone thinks it is.  Hogs will be undefeated for Alabama. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 18, 2016, 08:03:54 am
Maybe this should go in "Bold Predictions". 

Austin Allen will be solid and one of the better QBs in the SEC.  The O-line is athletic and better than anyone thinks it is.  Hogs will be undefeated for Alabama. 

Don't know about that last one, though I think you could very well be correct, but I think you are on target on the first two.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GuvHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 18, 2016, 09:06:31 am
Don't know about that last one, though I think you could very well be correct, but I think you are on target on the first two.

O ye of little faith.   ;)

tusksincolorado

Incorrect, Guv.

Musk...have you become Guv's big brother this week? That is the second time you have corrected him this morning.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

bigdaddyhawg

The Kig

If this were any other program than ours, literally only the last sentence would provide any ray of hope for a 9 win season.  We would scoff loudly at any other team dealing with this much predicting 9 wins.

Returning one of the worst Defense's in the conference intact can only be considered a positive if the assumption is that they were significantly under-performing and can turn that around.  Although there were several WTH defensive moments last year, I was in the stands at the BAMA game and believe that they can be good...if we can figure out how to slow some of the spread offenses.

Not just breaking in a new QB, but losing the conferences #3 QB & RB, the top TE, and solid OL production isn't typically a recipe for insta-success.  Having said that, there is reason to believe that AA understands the Offense and can be capable.  Even if his last name wasn't Allen, replacing a 5th year senior is difficult.  While it is obviously a stretch to say that we can just plug and play at RB, especially after what JWill & Collins meant to this team, I do believe that if the OL can open holes we will get production from whoever is back there.  Sprinkle will be a solid replacement at TE.  Does he have that "it" factor that HH had?  The recent San Diego article on HH stated that he didn't drop a single pass thrown his way in 2015.  Even if you take away THE PLAY, he proved time and again that even when everyone knew the ball was coming to him, he would still be open

While the schedule may be more favorable than some years, I don't get how it can be looked at as a recipe for being a contender. 
-@ TCU.  Patterson's Defenses are typically solid.  The do replace Offensive production, but they have proven capable in putting points on the board.  Not to mention, we play them early in the season...which hasn't really seemed to be the part of the season where we are at our best.
-@ A&M.  Yes, they have been Sumlin'd at QB and we should have beaten them the last couple of years...but we didn't.  From a recruiting standpoint, they should beat us easily every year.  Thank god coaching does matter in college.
-Bama, Ole Miss, Florida, and LSU all at home. Ok, so at least we play all of these games at home.  Our toughest games look to be at home, but pretty difficult to chalk them up as W's. 

With all of the changes we are dealing with, 7 wins would be a success.  Getting to 9 would be monumental.  Doable...but astronomical.
Poker Porker

GuvHog

Quote from: The Kig on July 18, 2016, 10:08:43 am

If this were any other program than ours, literally only the last sentence would provide any ray of hope for a 9 win season.  We would scoff loudly at any other team dealing with this much predicting 9 wins.

Returning one of the worst Defense's in the conference intact can only be considered a positive if the assumption is that they were significantly under-performing and can turn that around.  Although there were several WTH defensive moments last year, I was in the stands at the BAMA game and believe that they can be good...if we can figure out how to slow some of the spread offenses.

Not just breaking in a new QB, but losing the conferences #3 QB & RB, the top TE, and solid OL production isn't typically a recipe for insta-success.  Having said that, there is reason to believe that AA understands the Offense and can be capable.  Even if his last name wasn't Allen, replacing a 5th year senior is difficult.  While it is obviously a stretch to say that we can just plug and play at RB, especially after what JWill & Collins meant to this team, I do believe that if the OL can open holes we will get production from whoever is back there.  Sprinkle will be a solid replacement at TE.  Does he have that "it" factor that HH had?  The recent San Diego article on HH stated that he didn't drop a single pass thrown his way in 2015.  Even if you take away THE PLAY, he proved time and again that even when everyone knew the ball was coming to him, he would still be open

While the schedule may be more favorable than some years, I don't get how it can be looked at as a recipe for being a contender. 
-@ TCU.  Patterson's Defenses are typically solid.  The do replace Offensive production, but they have proven capable in putting points on the board.  Not to mention, we play them early in the season...which hasn't really seemed to be the part of the season where we are at our best.
-@ A&M.  Yes, they have been Sumlin'd at QB and we should have beaten them the last couple of years...but we didn't.  From a recruiting standpoint, they should beat us easily every year.  Thank god coaching does matter in college.
-Bama, Ole Miss, Florida, and LSU all at home. Ok, so at least we play all of these games at home.  Our toughest games look to be at home, but pretty difficult to chalk them up as W's. 

With all of the changes we are dealing with, 7 wins would be a success.  Getting to 9 would be monumental.  Doable...but astronomical.

You obviously don't realize just how many starters TCU lost on BOTH sides of the football from last year's team.

You're also underestimating the value of the Hogs returning 9 starters on Defense with good depth.

The Kig

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2016, 10:16:56 am
You obviously don't realize just how many starters TCU lost on BOTH sides of the football from last year's team.

You're also underestimating the value of the Hogs returning 9 starters on Defense with good depth.

I think we can beat TCU, but I also think they are a Top 25 team.  Sure they lost quite a bit, so did we.  Just giving Patterson his earned due for being a defensive coach that now has a more prolific offensive strategy. 

Agreed, I am absolutely underestimating our Defense...or maybe more realistically not buying it until they prove it.  There were times last year that the D was terrible...so it is difficult to predict that they will suddenly improve.  The Defense will be the difference in 6 vs. 9 wins this year...
Poker Porker

GuvHog

Quote from: The Kig on July 18, 2016, 10:26:29 am
I think we can beat TCU, but I also think they are a Top 25 team.  Sure they lost quite a bit, so did we.  Just giving Patterson his earned due for being a defensive coach that now has a more prolific offensive strategy. 

Agreed, I am absolutely underestimating our Defense...or maybe more realistically not buying it until they prove it.  There were times last year that the D was terrible...so it is difficult to predict that they will suddenly improve.  The Defense will be the difference in 6 vs. 9 wins this year...

TCU lost more on both sides of the ball than the Hogs did plus they just lost another offensive starter for the year.

There was a lot of youth and inexperience on last year's Hog defense. They aren't young and inexperienced any more.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2016, 01:32:57 pm
There was a lot of youth and inexperience on last year's Hog defense. They aren't young and inexperienced any more.

Just because they aren't inexperienced any more doesn't mean they're going to be worth a warm jar of spit, Guv.

Young and good is one thing -- that can benefit greatly from experience.  Young and mediocre doesn't usually take a big step forward with experience.

I'm more hopeful than I was after reading CRS's comments on our safeties, especially Josh Liddell.

There are simply, at this point, too many question marks on that side of the ball to have the first clue whether or not they'll take a big step forward or not, regardless of how much experience they've gained.

GuvHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 18, 2016, 01:53:50 pm
Just because they aren't inexperienced any more doesn't mean they're going to be worth a warm jar of spit, Guv.

Young and good is one thing -- that can benefit greatly from experience.  Young and mediocre doesn't usually take a big step forward with experience.

I'm more hopeful than I was after reading CRS's comments on our safeties, especially Josh Liddell.

There are simply, at this point, too many question marks on that side of the ball to have the first clue whether or not they'll take a big step forward or not, regardless of how much experience they've gained.

There aren't very many question marks on the Defensive side of the ball. The offense however, is a different story.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on July 18, 2016, 02:08:03 pm
There aren't very many question marks on the Defensive side of the ball.

This is nothing more than drinking the kool-aid, Guv.

Of course, there are questions.  There are a ton of questions. 

Can we find a consistent pass rusher at DE?  We really need two of them.

Can we find a set of LB's that can play both the run and the pass?  One of the two biggest questions for our D.  Here is one spot where you are making some assumptions.  We've got to find TWO guys who can play alongside Brooke that we didn't have last year.

Can we provide somewhat seamless coverage between S, CB, and LB this fall?  We saw Zip, Zero, Nada of that last fall.

Can we get halfway decent S play?  We didn't last fall, and if it doesn't take a couple of steps up this fall our D will NOT be any good.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 18, 2016, 02:19:22 pm
5-6 wins.

Wow, that's encouraging.  Coming from you I would have suspected 2-3, so 5-6 is like 8-9 for a normal person.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 18, 2016, 02:19:22 pm
5-6 wins.

Correct. That would give the Hogs 9-10 wins overall. Glad to see you coming around.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hogwild

Incorrect, Guv.

The Cotton Bowl is one of the New Day's six this year, there is no tie with the SEC.

2016 SEC Bowl tie-ins
Sugar Bowl= SEC Champ if not in playoff
Outback- Jan. 2nd
Citurs- New Year's Eve
Taxslayer (Gator)- New Year's Eve
Music City Bowl- 12/30
Liberty- 12/30
Belk-12/29
Birmingham-12/29
Texas Bowl- 12/28
Independence Bowl- 12/26

Night games

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on July 18, 2016, 03:53:40 pm
The Cotton Bowl is one of the New Day's six this year, there is no tie with the SEC.

2016 SEC Bowl tie-ins
Sugar Bowl= SEC Champ if not in playoff
Outback- Jan. 2nd
Citurs- New Year's Eve
Taxslayer (Gator)- New Year's Eve
Music City Bowl- 12/30
Liberty- 12/30
Belk-12/29
Birmingham-12/29
Texas Bowl- 12/28
Independence Bowl- 12/26

Night games

Yeah, that's not why I quoted the link that I did. I was speaking of Guv's statement about them joining the CFB Play Off Bowls, which wasn't accurate.
Go Hogs Go!

hawginbigd1

Incorrect, Guv.

Well he is partially correct, the SEC has no tie, and the Cotton is part of the New Years six which is seeded/set by the playoff committe.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 17, 2016, 11:27:00 am

SCHEME was our lack of pass rush, most of the time there was 0 attempt to rush the passer in order to avoid leaving running lanes for the QB. DL was trying to play gap control instead of trying for sacks.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on July 18, 2016, 05:08:29 pm
Well he is partially correct, the SEC has no tie, and the Cotton is part of the New Years six which is seeded/set by the playoff committe.

Again. But yes, he is correct, no direct SEC tie.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 18, 2016, 05:00:20 pm
Yeah, that's not why I quoted the link that I did. I was speaking of Guv's statement about them joining the CFB Play Off Bowls, which wasn't accurate.

Go Hogs Go!

Chivas

How to accurately predict a team season: Average win prediction of a fan base - 2 (or 3) wins = regular season record.

MuskogeeHogFan

July 18, 2016, 07:58:15 pm #43 Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:14:10 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Chivas on July 18, 2016, 07:37:01 pm
How to accurately predict a team season: Average win prediction of a fan base - 2 (or 3) wins = regular season record.

So you think that we are going to win 11 or 12, -2 or -3?
Go Hogs Go!