Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Raulerson

Started by RebelW, July 16, 2016, 07:27:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

I wish Ugly Uncle was still up there to give us the real scoop. I'm getting that hog fever just thinking about it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

supersaint

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 17, 2016, 02:42:42 am
I wish Ugly Uncle was still up there to give us the real scoop. I'm getting that hog fever just thinking about it.

Ugly Dad is up there giving us the real scoop.  No offense to Fanonthehill.  :)
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

GuvHog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 16, 2016, 07:48:59 pm
I predict:

Jackson, froholdt, ragnow, Wallace, skipper or at least this is how we will end the season

I seriously doubt that CBB and Anderson will bench a guy that was pegged to start at Center for the Texas Longhorns before Transferring (Raulerson).
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2016, 01:52:57 pm
I seriously doubt that CBB and Anderson will bench a guy that was pegged to start at Center for the Texas Longhorns before Transferring (Raulerson).

Why, was the Texass OL far superior than ours?

MuskogeeHogFan

We all know that he is obviously a smart young man, he has already graduated and has 2 years of eligibility remaining, so that may have a lot to do with his ability to grasp our offense and the calls, quickly. I'd say that odds are better than good that he will be ready from a knowledge and mental standpoint by the time camp opens next month.

He has ability and played at least 2 positions at Texas, Center and OT, so there is some flexibility at work here with regard to which position he ends up playing.

Bielema has been consistent in saying, when it comes to the O-Line, that he wants their five best O-Linemen starting. The #2 guy at Center may be a better OG. The #2 guy at LT may be a better OG. A transfer player may be found out to be the best option at LT or one of the interior positions, we just don't know at this point but we will know by two weeks prior to the first game, if not before.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbackramsfan

Dont be too surprised, because while he has the experience on them, the guys he's ultimately competing with (froholdt and Wallace) are some dogs.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 17, 2016, 02:03:46 pm
Dont be too surprised, because while he has the experience on them, the guys he's ultimately competing with (froholdt and Wallace) are some dogs.

Although I love those kids, I also wouldn't be so surprised if you found out that Raulerson brings a lot more to the table than you expect. He has the benefit of a lot more experience and maturity which can sometimes be the things that makes a player better than his peers. Either way, it is better to have increased competition.
Go Hogs Go!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 17, 2016, 02:03:46 pm

I don't think either has a problem with starting the best five they can put together. If doing that involves benching a graduate transfer, that's what it involves.  Nevertheless, I don't like the word "benching," as I suspect we'll have 7-10 rotating. I also suspect Raulerson is smart enough and physically gifted enough to push to be counted among that starting five, most likely at center, which would let Ragnow play guard.

EFBAB 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 02:08:20 pm
Although I love those kids, I also wouldn't be so surprised if you found out that Raulerson brings a lot more to the table than you expect.

Exactly, it's gonna be a battle. I do kind of doubt raulerson plays left tackle though.  In a pc at media days CBB mentioned raulerson competing for an inside spot. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on July 17, 2016, 02:10:38 pm
I don't think either has a problem with starting the best five they can put together. If doing that involves benching a graduate transfer, that's what it involves.  Nevertheless, I don't like the word "benching," as I suspect we'll have 7-10 rotating. I also suspect Raulerson is smart enough and physically gifted enough to push to be counted among that starting five, most likely at center, which would let Ragnow play guard.

EFBAB

And even if raulerson didn't start, he might be the first to come in for any position.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 17, 2016, 02:11:15 pm
Exactly, it's gonna be a battle. I do kind of doubt raulerson plays left tackle though.  In a pc at media days CBB mentioned raulerson competing for an inside spot. 

Raulerson isn't the transfer player I was thinking of when I spoke of the LT position.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 02:13:23 pm
Raulerson isn't the transfer player I was thinking of when I spoke of the LT position.

Ramirez?

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

FANONTHEHILL

There are currently 17 offensive lineman working out this summer. 
It's beginning to look like the program Coach Bielema had at Wisconsin.  Forcing Skipper and Kirkland into service was out of necessity, not preference.  If you can develop guys and keep them off the field until their RsSoph year, that's how you develop a long term OL factory.  The current group of 17 includes
1 Senior - Dan Skipper
4 Juniors - Ragnow, Raulerson, Ramirez, & Malone
6 Sophomores - Froholdt, Rogers, Wallace, Gibson, Hannah, Hall (Jake)
6 Freshman - Jackson, Merrick, Sone, Heinrich, Hays, Hall (Tyler)

You can see what direction they're headed. You can also see how critical it was to pick up Raulerson, Malone and Ramirez.  They was little depth older than the soph class due to having to play such young players when Bielema arrived.  Hopefully the incoming freshman (Heinrich, Hall, & Hays) can redshirt and learn the system while competing against the defense on scout team.  That experience is so critical.  That would leave 14 to fill the 5 spots this year.  This group is more than capable. It's going to be a fun camp to watch. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 17, 2016, 02:25:08 pm
Of course.

Ramirez is 6-6 290, Jackson is 6-6 300.  Jackson was a little higher rated and has more time in the program but we'll see.  I'm betting on Jackson, though.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 17, 2016, 03:35:05 pm
Ramirez is 6-6 290, Jackson is 6-6 300.  Jackson was a little higher rated and has more time in the program but we'll see.  I'm betting on Jackson, though.

I wouldn't bet on anyone right now and 10 lbs isn't going to be a difference maker one way or the other.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

What I haven't heard is how does the wingspan of Jackson and Ramirez compare and which one seems to have the quicker feet/mobility and upper body strength to keep extension and angle to play off those speed-rushing DE's from the blind side?

FANONTHEHILL? Weigh in brother, if you have heard anything at all.
Go Hogs Go!

FANONTHEHILL

July 17, 2016, 06:27:44 pm #67 Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:12:31 pm by FANONTHEHILL
Colton has added weight.  In the 300-310 range.  Paul up to 300.  Haven't seen Paul in drills, but Colton moves like someone 40 lbs lighter.  Both are long and lean and look like they could carry 310 with ease.  They're not as physically imposing as Wallace.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 17, 2016, 06:27:44 pm
Colton has added weight.  In the 330-310 range.  Paul up to 300.  Haven't seen Paul in drills, but Colton moves like someone 40 lbs lighter.  Both are long and lean and look like they could carry 310 with ease.  They're not as physically imposing as Wallace.

Good info, thank you. Colton at 300-310? Is that what you meant?
Go Hogs Go!

FANONTHEHILL

Yes 300-310.  Far fingers and phone don't mix.

RebelW

I really see Ramirez staying on the RT side. Play behind skipper then take the spot next year

bphi11ips

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 17, 2016, 06:27:44 pm
Colton has added weight.  In the 300-310 range.  Paul up to 300.  Haven't seen Paul in drills, but Colton moves like someone 40 lbs lighter.  Both are long and lean and look like they could carry 310 with ease.  They're not as physically imposing as Wallace.

Any idea who has the longest wingspan?  Best feet?  Who bends the best? 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

whosiskid

Why no mention of Heinrich? I think he was the best OL signee we had this off season excepting perhaps Raulerson and Capps (if he was to switch to the line). Last I heard they were not planning on redshirting him if it looked like he could contribute. He could be part of the mix to play RG.

I think that one big difference with the OL this year is that we are going to see a lot more guys get playing time. I think Froholdt, Skipper, and Ragnow will get close to all of the snaps, but we could see a lot of different guys at the other two slots, though Raulerson could eventually lock down center. My guess for the eventual OL is:

LT - Jackson
LG - Froholdt
C - Raulerson
RG -  Ragnow
RT - Skipper

I think Skipper is going to shine this year. This is the first time he has been allowed to play the same position for two straight years. The other reason I think he is going to excel is due to an article Otis Kirk wrote last season. Dan was getting called for a host of ticky-tack or even ghost fouls. Otis Kirk wrote an absolutely scathing critique of SEC officials and how unfair they had been to Skipper. He wrote about what a super smart, high class individual he was and that a lot of officials were treating him as if he were Goliath. I don't think many articles ever have an affect on the field, but the article got a lot of discussion as people who wrote about the SEC shared it via Twitter. Dan had been called for a host of fouls in his first two and a half seasons, but after Otis's article Dan was not penalized again for the entire season. I think the article changed the perception a lot of people in the rest of the SEC had about him. Not many would have guessed that he was class valedictorian at his high school or that he was a distinguished student.

So I think the changed perception that officials had about Skipper plus being allowed to play in the same place for a second year are going to add up for good things for Dan.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

JaketheSnake

Quote from: whosiskid on July 18, 2016, 03:17:05 pm
Why no mention of Heinrich? I think he was the best OL signee we had this off season excepting perhaps Raulerson and Capps (if he was to switch to the line). Last I heard they were not planning on redshirting him if it looked like he could contribute. He could be part of the mix to play RG.

I think that one big difference with the OL this year is that we are going to see a lot more guys get playing time. I think Froholdt, Skipper, and Ragnow will get close to all of the snaps, but we could see a lot of different guys at the other two slots, though Raulerson could eventually lock down center. My guess for the eventual OL is:

LT - Jackson
LG - Froholdt
C - Raulerson
RG -  Ragnow
RT - Skipper

I think Skipper is going to shine this year. This is the first time he has been allowed to play the same position for two straight years. The other reason I think he is going to excel is due to an article Otis Kirk wrote last season. Dan was getting called for a host of ticky-tack or even ghost fouls. Otis Kirk wrote an absolutely scathing critique of SEC officials and how unfair they had been to Skipper. He wrote about what a super smart, high class individual he was and that a lot of officials were treating him as if he were Goliath. I don't think many articles ever have an affect on the field, but the article got a lot of discussion as people who wrote about the SEC shared it via Twitter. Dan had been called for a host of fouls in his first two and a half seasons, but after Otis's article Dan was not penalized again for the entire season. I think the article changed the perception a lot of people in the rest of the SEC had about him. Not many would have guessed that he was class valedictorian at his high school or that he was a distinguished student.

So I think the changed perception that officials had about Skipper plus being allowed to play in the same place for a second year are going to add up for good things for Dan.
We want to redshirt.  Hopefully the addition of Raulerson allows us to do just that.

bennyl08

Quote from: JaketheSnake on July 18, 2016, 03:23:09 pm
We want to redshirt.  Hopefully the addition of Raulerson allows us to do just that.

Agreed. I Heinrich's HS tape looked really good, but he's a true freshmen and if at all possible, should redshirt. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at tackle for us before too long (i.e. 2-3 years from now), but this year he will hopefully be a non-factor.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

The_Iceman

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 18, 2016, 04:00:05 pm
Agreed. I Heinrich's HS tape looked really good, but he's a true freshmen and if at all possible, should redshirt. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at tackle for us before too long (i.e. 2-3 years from now), but this year he will hopefully be a non-factor.

I hope every offensive lineman we sign redshirts, unless we get a freak like Shawn Andrews.

bennyl08

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1628165/highlights

There's not much in the way of video highlights for Colton Jackson.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/161372/5721cb84e984d413d412ed66

Paul Ramirez has a much more video to watch, and it is at the JUCO level which while it isn't the SEC, is a lot closer than HS ball is. You can see very good quickness, speed, and strength vs JUCO competition. He does a lot of pulling which shows off his speed.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/413240/5721af2be984d413d4e35dd1

Wallace has a good video from his junior HS season. He doesn't pull so his speed is hard to see, but he quickly engages his person and they don't leave his grasp until he has taken him to the ground.

Who is faster, stronger, better feet, better grip of the playbook? I feel safe in assuming Ramirez is the fastest of the 3, but for the others, especially given the time since these videos to today, can't really say.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RebelW

Remember the days before CBB when we could never Red shirt hardly anyone, because of the lack of depth and recruiting issues we had with pea brained coaches of the past. Whoever thinks CBB isn't the man for the job.. I'm not sure where you get your logic lol! WOO PIG!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: whosiskid on July 18, 2016, 03:17:05 pm

LT - Jackson
LG - Froholdt
C - Raulerson
RG -  Ragnow
RT - Skipper

No mention of Heinrich probably because he had off season surgery and last I heard was still on the mend and it sounded like they had the intention of R/S to allow him time to develop and fully heal. Now maybe that won't be the case, I just thought I remembered reading or hearing that somewhere.
Go Hogs Go!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Bacon_Bitz

His interview was great.  Wasn't really pumped about the transfer b/c of his lower weight, but if his weight is really up and he can keep it there, and if he picks up the offense quickly like he should, I think he'll turn out to be the biggest offseason signing.  Love how CBB always picks up a few extra pieces after the normal recruiting season and finds legit contributors.

ChauvinistPig

Quote from: RebelW on July 16, 2016, 07:27:07 am
Do y'all think he has enough time to get the Chemistry he needs with AA to be the starting C? If so then our whole right side can stay the same. Froholdt is the LG, then Colton Jackson and Brian Wallace can battle it out for LT. That's a pretty stout OL. I'm not real high on Dan Skipper playing at tackle just because he gets beat bad because of his foot work but I'm just a fan. I'm not as worried about out OL as most are.. 49 days left!!! Just trying to make the time pass!
#woooig

Skipper does not get beat very often at RT...dude is a beast. He makes up for the few times by blocking 20 yards down field. Better respect tha mountain!