Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Raulerson

Started by RebelW, July 16, 2016, 07:27:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

Do y'all think he has enough time to get the Chemistry he needs with AA to be the starting C? If so then our whole right side can stay the same. Froholdt is the LG, then Colton Jackson and Brian Wallace can battle it out for LT. That's a pretty stout OL. I'm not real high on Dan Skipper playing at tackle just because he gets beat bad because of his foot work but I'm just a fan. I'm not as worried about out OL as most are.. 49 days left!!! Just trying to make the time pass!
#woooig

bcdeputy

is Froholdt definitely a starter?  Wallace at LG and Jackson at LT perhaps?  Merrick? I've heard something about a freshman coming in, Capps? Heard he was switching to OL, starting LG? 

It will be interesting for sure

RebelW

I hope Capps gets to switch to OL. I watched him play since his freshman year. He had like 116 pancake blocks his Sr. Year. From what I hear Froholdt is the real deal. We shall see!

ricepig

Quote from: bcdeputy on July 16, 2016, 07:40:47 am
is Froholdt definitely a starter?  Wallace at LG and Jackson at LT perhaps?  Merrick? I've heard something about a freshman coming in, Capps? Heard he was switching to OL, starting LG? 

It will be interesting for sure

I think Ragnow and Skipper are the only two "definite" starters at this point. Froholdt does seem to have a great shot at starting at guard. I believe Heinrich is the freshman you are talking about.

RebelW

No he's talking about Austin Capps. Recruited as a DL, can play both ways.

FANONTHEHILL

Capps is working with the DL group.  Hasn't been to any OL meetings.  Raulerson is the x-factor, experienced and very smart.  I don't think they will mive Ragnow unless there's an unforeseen problem (it would have to be a rash of injuries).  The calls are much more advanced under Anderson compared to Puttman.  Frank has had since the first of the year to work with Coach Anderson.  Raulerson can play anywhere.  He's going to be a huge asset. Once th pads go on, he may make a move for sure.  I think Center (Ragnow), LG (Froholdt) and RT (Skipper) are set.  Any shuffle would be at RG and LT with Jackson, Wallace, and Raulerson filling those spots.  With the exception of center, they all can play multiple places.  You just find a top 8 and plug and play.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

RebelW

RebelW

Pretty solid looking group

go hogues

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 16, 2016, 07:56:47 am
Capps is working with the DL group.  Hasn't been to any OL meetings.  Raulerson is the x-factor, experienced and very smart.  I don't think they will mive Ragnow unless there's an unforeseen problem (it would have to be a rash of injuries).  The calls are much more advanced under Anderson compared to Puttman.  Frank has had since the first of the year to work with Coach Anderson.  Raulerson can play anywhere.  He's going to be a huge asset. Once th pads go on, he may make a move for sure.  I think Center (Ragnow), LG (Froholdt) and RT (Skipper) are set.  Any shuffle would be at RG and LT with Jackson, Wallace, and Raulerson filling those spots.  With the exception of center, they all can play multiple places.  You just find a top 8 and plug and play.
Would be nice if they could get Zach Rogers up to speed at center enough that they could move Frank back out to guard. I know Bielema mentioned this at SECMD, though he did not mention Rogers by name.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

ricepig

Quote from: RebelW on July 16, 2016, 07:56:11 am
No he's talking about Austin Capps. Recruited as a DL, can play both ways.

Heinrich is the one mentioned as moving up to the "old" guy workout group, and mentioned as getting a look.

GuvHog

If they plan on starting Raulerson at Center (which I believe will happen), You can bet you bottom dollar that they started teaching him the calls and he started working with the Offensive Linemen the day he stepped on campus.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SoCal Hog

What about Malone and Ramirez? Do you think either of them have a shot at breaking the starting five?
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

VirginiaHog

I would almost guarantee your game 1 line will have Froholdt at lg, Frank will be our center, and Skipper at RT. If Raulerson is as advertised, he will be the RG in this fans opinion. If he is not it will be Wallace which is good also. Either will do well. LT is likely Jackson. But Ramirez will have a shot.

The_Iceman

I have a couple questions that maybe you can help with:

1) is there any concern about Zach Rogers' size? In the spring game, he looked really small out there at only 6'1".

2) Is Froholdt really a lock at LG? I've had some concerns and Clint Stoerner echoed that on the radio Friday morning. It is just a whole different game from doing drills and scrimmaging in practice, then going up against SEC DL's in the chaos of a live game. I think Froholdt will end up being great there, I just worry things are moving too fast.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2016, 08:21:02 am
If they plan on starting Raulerson at Center (which I believe will happen), You can bet you bottom dollar that they started teaching him the calls and he started working with the Offensive Linemen the day he stepped on campus.
Raulerson is working with the 2's at Center and he has had the crash course from the staff.  It's just that Frank has the experience and is the most talented olineman on the team.  Combine that with the fact he's been with Anderson 7 months as opposed to a month for Jake.  If anyone can pick it up, it will be him.  Once the pads go on, we will see if/who gets shuffled on the line.  I think the positive is that multiple guys can play multiple spots.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

GuvHog

July 16, 2016, 08:58:39 am #15 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:19:52 am by GuvHog
Quote from: VirginiaHog on July 16, 2016, 08:47:32 am
I would almost guarantee your game 1 line will have Froholdt at lg, Frank will be our center, and Skipper at RT. If Raulerson is as advertised, he will be the RG in this fans opinion. If he is not it will be Wallace which is good also. Either will do well. LT is likely Jackson. But Ramirez will have a shot.

Why would you move Ragnow to center when he started at RG all last year and put Raulerson at RG when he was slated to start at center for the Longhorns this year?? That makes no sense to me.

factchecker

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2016, 08:58:39 am
Why would you move Ragnow to center when he started at LG all last year and put Raulerson at LG when he was slated to start at center for the Longhorns this year?? That makes no sense to me.

Ragnow played right guard last season (Tretola at left) but also has some in-game experience at center. Ragnow has been playing center since Anderson got here so he knows all the calls... or at least has a better understanding of the calls.

Truth is nobody knows but luckily fall camp is around the corner.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

These last two posts show how valuable Raulerson is.  Once camp starts, there are options that weren't there until Raulerson arrived.  We've gone from will we have enough guys that can play, to where will we use the talent we have.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 16, 2016, 09:11:54 am
These last two posts show how valuable Raulerson is.  Once camp starts, there are options that weren't there until Raulerson arrived.  We've gone from will we have enough guys that can play, to where will we use the talent we have.

Did you ever find out when camp opens in August?
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on July 16, 2016, 09:03:49 am
Ragnow played right guard last season (Tretola at left) but also has some in-game experience at center. Ragnow has been playing center since Anderson got here so he knows all the calls... or at least has a better understanding of the calls.

Truth is nobody knows but luckily fall camp is around the corner.

Ragnow has been "practicing" at center since Anderson arrived, that's true, but that's because Raulerson didn't arrive until June.

RebelW

My assumption is that the 2 JUCO guys, Ramirez and Malone will Redshirt and spend a year in the weight room. I believe Ramirez will take over at RT after Skipper is gone.

RebelW

Ragnow played center in 2014 quite a bit. Both have about the same experience at both positions. It's all about the playbook and chemistry to where which plays C and RG

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 16, 2016, 09:19:09 am
Workouts through Tuesday the 26th and then team is free until the 3rd.  Some are going home for last time before holiday break, others staying in town to workout on their own. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 16, 2016, 09:28:05 am
Workouts through Tuesday the 26th and then team is free until the 3rd.  Some are going home for last time before holiday break, others staying in town to workout on their own. 

Thanks.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 16, 2016, 09:19:09 am

It was already posted, report August 3rd, first practice August 4th.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: RebelW on July 16, 2016, 09:25:54 am
Ragnow played center in 2014 quite a bit. Both have about the same experience at both positions. It's all about the playbook and chemistry to where which plays C and RG

I believe the Longhorns tried Raulerson at guard briefly but I don't believe that worked too well. He was pegged to start at Center for them this year before transferring.

longpig

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2016, 09:23:12 am
Ragnow has been "practicing" at center since Anderson arrived, that's true, but that's because Raulerson didn't arrive until June.

Hasn't Frank been practicing at center since he got here?  Pretty sure he was the starting guard/backup center all last season.
Don't be scared, be smart.

trashcan maN

Here's a useless prediction:
LT Wallace
LG Froholdt
C Raulerson
RG Ragnow
RT Skipper

I know Wallace's name hasn't been thrown out there much, but I just can't believe Jackson will beat him out in Fall camp. They were max-hyping Wallace when he got here.

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on July 16, 2016, 10:31:19 am
Hasn't Frank been practicing at center since he got here?  Pretty sure he was the starting guard/backup center all last season.

Yep, with Tretola as the third center. Frank saw lots of play at center as a freshman, swapping out with Smothers.

longpig

Isn't Ragnow on the Rimington Award watch list?

ricepig

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: longpig on July 16, 2016, 10:42:21 am
Isn't Ragnow on the Rimington Award watch list?
Yes he is. And Wallace moved to RG because he was more comfortable there than at LT.  Anderson likes him there.  Which in turn makes me think he will stay there.

FANONTHEHILL

In the spring Ragnow, Rogers, Hannah, and Froholdt snapped with the QBs. 

RazorbackBassist

Should be interesting.

Paul

Quote from: RebelW on July 16, 2016, 09:24:16 am
My assumption is that the 2 JUCO guys, Ramirez and Malone will Redshirt and spend a year in the weight room. I believe Ramirez will take over at RT after Skipper is gone.
. Hadn't heard that.  How many yrs do they have to play?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Paul on July 16, 2016, 11:00:24 am
. Hadn't heard that.  How many yrs do they have to play?

Ramirez has 2 years left, Malone has 3. I believe that if there is any way possible that Ramirez can play/add depth, there will be no R/S. Malone might be a different question.
Go Hogs Go!

longpig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 16, 2016, 10:48:51 am
Yes he is. And Wallace moved to RG because he was more comfortable there than at LT.  Anderson likes him there.  Which in turn makes me think he will stay there.

Awesome, glad to hear Wallace is finally finding a niche.

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 16, 2016, 11:12:26 am
Ramirez has 2 years left, Malone has 3. I believe that if there is any way possible that Ramirez can play/add depth, there will be no R/S. Malone might be a different question.

I agree. They need to be able to substitute a lot so as to keep the linemen fresh.

TheRazorback500

Good point. Ramirez is reportedly blowing up physically under Coach Herb.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

RebelW

I hope so! His film looks great!

secneahog

I'm high on Ramirez, as well as Colton Jackson.  We shall see whose more consistent. 

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on July 16, 2016, 02:39:31 pm
I'm high on Ramirez, as well as Colton Jackson.  We shall see whose more consistent. 

I don't care who it is. I just want the best LT that we can find at that spot.
Go Hogs Go!

King Kong

Quote from: RebelW on July 16, 2016, 09:24:16 am

I also won't be surprised if Malone or Ramirez Redshirted

King Kong

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/deion-malone-commits-enrolls-early/

Malone has 3 years to play 2

Oklahawg

I don't believe Wallace will play LT ever. Could be a monster RG very soon.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

rzrbackramsfan

I predict:

Jackson, froholdt, ragnow, Wallace, skipper or at least this is how we will end the season

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

longpig

July 16, 2016, 08:45:01 pm #49 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:55:08 pm by longpig
Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 16, 2016, 07:48:59 pm
I predict:

Jackson, froholdt, ragnow, Wallace, skipper or at least this is how we will end the season

I'm thinking that's how it'll start, and end barring injury.