Bama
LSU
OM
A&M
Hogs
AU
Ms St

Vandy and SC got 2 first place votes each ;D
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 14, 2016, 02:43:40 pm
1 first place vote

Bama
LSU
OM
A&M
Hogs
AU
Ms St

Vandy and SC got 2 first place votes each ;D

Vanderbilt got 2 first place votes??? Someone has a sense of humor.   :D

I still believe the Hogs will do better than 5th.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

theFlyingHog

Thing about this league is we could finish first or last based on 4 or 5 plays.

Pistol Pig Maravich

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 14, 2016, 02:52:39 pm

Certainly possible and more so probably.
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Atlhogfan1

If you're not first you're....

I see the West as groups going in:

Bama & LSU:  deepest, most talented teams

OM: Shaky IMO but I get it because they do have a returning qb. 

These 3 teams will be pretty good but have a few more questions/holes:
A&M: Loaded with talent in areas like DE and WR.  If this were another program with the same players, I could have more trust they may finish higher.  Have to prove they are becoming less soft. 
Hogs
AU

Ms St:  Better than what "last" place teams normally are. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rljjr

I love being overlooked. Seriously. This year it makes me feel really good.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

razoredge178

First is doubtful.

My sole wish is that CBB and our defense can adjust to tempo offenses. We're so bad against tempo offenses that some of the teams we played last year ran tempo plays just b/c they knew how bad we were at getting lined up in coverage.

dhizzle

Ole Miss does having a returning starting QB but they have to replace 4 of there 5 o-linemen. If the hogs are gonna struggle with 3 new linemen then I would think ole piss will. It must be the offense they run I've heard spread offenses are easier to run than pro and that's why the press likes them at third.

Biggus Piggus

Until we know how good Austin Allen is + how good the rebuilt backfield is, we really cannot make great predictions about this season.
[CENSORED]!

TheBigGriffkowski

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 14, 2016, 04:30:47 pm
Until we know how good Austin Allen is + how good the rebuilt backfield is, we really cannot make great predictions about this season.

I agree. I think we still have a lot of unanswered questions about how good the Offense will be. Hopefully we can learn more at fall camp.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 14, 2016, 04:54:37 pm
I agree. I think we still have a lot of unanswered questions about how good the Offense will be. Hopefully we can learn more at fall camp.

We also can't forget how bad the D was last year and it's full of ???? this year.  Not to mention the "kicking" game.

go hogues

Very true, though I think that will be about how it shakes out. In reality, I think we'll really struggle to notch 6 wins.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Atlhogfan1

And we know schedule flow will play a part.

Tenn at A&M
LSU at Ark

Two games that fall at good times for A&M and the Hogs.

Bama's toughest two game stretch is at Ark and at Tenn.  3 of Bama's first 4 SEC games on the road.

OM moving up to Oct from Nov is a help to LSU.  That was a brutal stretch for them last season.

Hogwild

July 14, 2016, 05:04:03 pm #15 Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:25:50 pm by Hogwild
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 14, 2016, 03:00:32 pm

They will be an interesting team to watch.  Should be 3-1 headed into October (wins over South Ala, South Carollina, UMASS, & a loss @LSU)
October isn't bad, a bye week before getting Auburn at home(Side note- this is Auburn's only game before Oct. 29th!)  outside, road trips to BYU & Kentucky, before ending the month with Samford.

It is possible the Miss. State be favored in 7 of the first 8 games. Depending on how many they win on the road @LSU, @UMASS, @BYU, @Kentucky, they are looking at 5-7 wins before November.
Which is murder's row A&M at home, @Bama, Arkansas  at home, @ Ole Miss.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogwild on July 14, 2016, 05:04:03 pm
They will be an interesting team to watch.  Should be 3-1 headed into October (wins over South Ala, South Carollina, UMASS, & a loss @LSU)
October isn't bad, a bye week before getting Auburn at home, road trips to BYU & Kentucky, before ending the month with Samford.

It is possible the Miss. State be favored in 7 of the first 8 games. Depending on how many they win on the road @LSU, @UMASS, @BYU, @Kentucky, they are looking at 5-7 wins before November.
Which is murder's row A&M at home, @Bama, Arkansas  at home, @ Ole Miss.

Their Nov is brutal. Because of it UK is a big game for them.

UK picked 4th in the East. What a difference in divisions.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 14, 2016, 03:00:32 pm
If you're not first you're....

I see the West as groups going in:

Bama & LSU:  deepest, most talented teams

OM: Shaky IMO but I get it because they do have a returning qb. 

These 3 teams will be pretty good but have a few more questions/holes:
A&M: Loaded with talent in areas like DE and WR.  If this were another program with the same players, I could have more trust they may finish higher.  Have to prove they are becoming less soft. 
Hogs
AU

Ditto.  Schedule may help Hogs break out of the pack in the middle.  An A&M win plus an Alabama upset could snowball into a repeat of 2006. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Iwastherein1969

I tire of LSU. Every year we hear about their superior talent and how they are going to dominate. Horse hockey. This is the same LSU team that has scored a grand total of 14 points in two years versus a lesser talented Arkansas defense than we'll have this year. No one takes that into account. We are going to have to win the conference one time to ever get our just respects. Maybe this is the year. The SEC MEDIA predictions should be posted on every set of weight lifting equipment in the HOG IRON room over the Summer. If that BS can't get you fired up, nothing can.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jkstock04

Quote from: rljjr on July 14, 2016, 03:03:51 pm
I love being overlooked. Seriously. This year it makes me feel really good.
Not me. Heard Houston Nutt constantly brag about being picked last. Does nothing but negative for our brand and recruiting.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: go hogues on July 14, 2016, 05:01:33 pm
Very true, though I think that will be about how it shakes out. In reality, I think we'll really struggle to notch 6 wins.
You're crazy. Struggle to win 6? 9-3 at worst
WPS!!!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 14, 2016, 05:25:52 pm
Not me. Heard Houston Nutt constantly brag about being picked last. Does nothing but negative for our brand and recruiting.
I absolutely could not agree more. The idea that we're going to 'sneak up' on a conference championship in the SEC is absurd. I want teams to fear playing us, not put half of their pads on because they think that beating the Hogs is a given.

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

I could guess as good as these guys can at this point. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: The Big O Oliver Squeeler on July 14, 2016, 05:40:35 pm
I could guess as good as these guys can at this point.
Same predominantly Bammer media group that sucked at the teat of Auburn and Gus Malzahn last year.

longpig

Quote from: dhizzle on July 14, 2016, 04:28:06 pm
Ole Miss does having a returning starting QB but they have to replace 4 of there 5 o-linemen. If the hogs are gonna struggle with 3 new linemen then I would think ole piss will. It must be the offense they run I've heard spread offenses are easier to run than pro and that's why the press likes them at third.

I'm sure you meant read option because spread offenses are undersized?  I'd guess Ole Miss is liked primarily because of Swag.

LSUFan

Throw the records out the windows when it comes to SEC rivalries.

CBB owns this season, it's "his" players and what he wanted to build.

This is the litmus test for him this year.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

ricepig

Quote from: LSUFan on July 14, 2016, 06:04:21 pm

Nope, no litmus test, although I'm surprised you know what it means.

jkstock04

Quote from: LSUFan on July 14, 2016, 06:04:21 pm

Per what he said at media days...this senior class isn't his. Spinsters will have one more year to point fingers elsewhere.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LSUFan

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2016, 06:05:55 pm
I bet you blow into a straw to type.

;)
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 14, 2016, 06:08:00 pm
Per what he said at media days...this senior class isn't his. Spinsters will have one more year to point fingers elsewhere.

That's ridiculous. "Your negative vibes are killin me man."
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 14, 2016, 06:08:00 pm

Gradual and steady improvements every season. Sit on that and spin.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 14, 2016, 05:19:46 pm
I tire of LSU. Every year we hear about their superior talent and how they are going to dominate. Horse hockey. This is the same LSU team that has scored a grand total of 14 points in two years versus a lesser talented Arkansas defense than we'll have this year. No one takes that into account. We are going to have to win the conference one time to ever get our just respects. Maybe this is the year. The SEC MEDIA predictions should be posted on every set of weight lifting equipment in the HOG IRON room over the Summer. If that BS can't get you fired up, nothing can.
this is it. even if we looked like the best in the west on paper they wouldn't pick us. They were kind of high on us once, The Clown's year. They won't make the mistake of picking us higher than 3rd ever, unless we win a SEC Title.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Augustus

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 14, 2016, 05:12:10 pm
Their Nov is brutal. Because of it UK is a big game for them.

UK picked 4th in the East. What a difference in divisions.

I think UK is being overlooked and will surprise many this year.  I joke on twitter about them winning the East, but I definitely see them ruining it for others and being a major dark horse.

Their 2014 class (ranked 22 overall) is now of age, they've added some JUCO's, and resolved their QB issues. Plus, that RB of theirs is pretty darn good.

But to your point, I'm not sold on Florida yet & so many questions about Kirby at UGA...

Also, the East has been in disarray for several years.

Augustus

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 14, 2016, 05:19:46 pm

LOL this week the narrative was "LSU suffered at Arkansas and Ole Miss, because they played Bama before they played Hogs and..."

Give me a break.  We all play the same teams. Last year, we had several season ending injuries at key positions, and still managed to produce a solid season.

longpig

longpig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 14, 2016, 06:59:42 pm
this is it. even if we looked like the best in the west on paper they wouldn't pick us. They were kind of high on us once, The Clown's year. They won't make the mistake of picking us higher than 3rd ever, unless we win a SEC Title.

AA shows out this season and we win 8 or more, we'll be picked 3rd or better preseason 2017.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 14, 2016, 05:02:03 pm
And we know schedule flow will play a part.

Tenn at A&M
LSU at Ark

Two games that fall at good times for A&M and the Hogs.

Bama's toughest two game stretch is at Ark and at Tenn.  3 of Bama's first 4 SEC games on the road.

OM moving up to Oct from Nov is a help to LSU.  That was a brutal stretch for them last season.

LSU will also be coming off their Bama game when the come to The Hill. Definitely a plus for us.

We'll also get Miss St after their Bama game. Definitely a plus for us given we tend to play close games in Starkville. We get Mizzou after they go to Tenner and while Mizzou on paper should be our softest conference game, it is still on the road so I don't mind them coming off what should be a tough trenches game.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

go hogues

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on July 14, 2016, 05:38:17 pm
You're crazy. Struggle to win 6? 9-3 at worst
Show me the 9 sure wins on our schedule, por favor.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Andrew Hogfan

La tech - W
TCU - toss up (but I say W)
Texas St - W
A&M - W
Alcorn St - W
Bama - L ( but I'm still picking the hogs)
Ole Miss - W
Auburn - W
Florida - W
LSU - W
Miss St - W
Mizzo - W
WPS!!!

ZERO

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on July 14, 2016, 09:09:19 pm
La tech - W
TCU - toss up (but I say W)
Texas St - W
A&M - W
Alcorn St - W
Bama - L ( but I'm still picking the hogs)
Ole Miss - W
Auburn - W
Florida - W
LSU - W
Miss St - W
Mizzo - W

You're making your life unnecessarily hard with expectations like that.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Andrew Hogfan

July 14, 2016, 09:38:37 pm #41 Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:09:30 pm by Andrew Hogfan
It's not expectations, it's just hard for me to say "that's definitely a loss." I don't expect to win them all, but I do expect they will have the opportunity to do so. I love this coach and how he has built this program. I truly believe he will take us to Atlanta. I don't know if it's this year, but it could be.
WPS!!!

colbs

July 14, 2016, 10:27:16 pm #42 Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:49:38 am by colbs
Getting picked 5th in the west by the media has worked out for the last 4 teams that were picked.  Hopefully the trend will continue with the hogs.

LogHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 14, 2016, 04:30:47 pm

Sure we can and I hereby declare that I predict big things for us this season.  Austin will surprise everyone.  Our D will kick ass.  Our running backs will be great. 

See?

LZH

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on July 14, 2016, 08:09:43 pm
LSU will also be coming off their Bama game when the come to The Hill. Definitely a plus for us.

Unless they beat Alabama.

buffaload

Quote from: ZERO on July 14, 2016, 09:32:43 pm
You're making your life unnecessarily hard with expectations like that.

You've been shopping recently in one of those specialty stores in Colorado haven't you?

nwahogfan1

Early polls are rarely right so I am not too worried except I think it shows respect by the  media especially the National guys.  This is the reason I would like to ranked higher in the preseason.

I know we as homers always think we are going to be good but until we have respect from the national guys we have not arrived.   How is that done.   WINNING GAMES early and often.

hawganatic

Quote from: razoredge178 on July 14, 2016, 04:17:02 pm
First is doubtful.

My sole wish is that CBB and our defense can adjust to tempo offenses. We're so bad against tempo offenses that some of the teams we played last year ran tempo plays just b/c they knew how bad we were at getting lined up in coverage.

Didn't we beat Auburn and Ole Miss last season?  They use a lot of tempo.  Should have beat A&M but gave the game back to them.

Doesn't seem like we were THAT bad against tempo offenses...

hawganatic

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2016, 06:05:55 pm

^^^THIS^^^

Can we please get away from the so called litmus tests???  Things change too much from year to year to decree any year as the "must win" year for a coach anymore.

ChitownHawg

Either last year or before - Mike Irwin gave the record of these media days predictions and they are pretty bad. Needless to say they are a waste of time.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"