Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the path to 6 wins now??

Started by jkstock04, September 25, 2017, 09:03:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 27, 2017, 07:06:32 pm
So many here are extremists. It's 9-3 before the season then 3-9 once their optimistic bubble has been burst.

I said 6-6 before the season and I still think 6-6 will be the outcome. 3-5 in SEC.

Going 3-5 in conference in his 5th year isn't likely to save Bielema's job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 25, 2017, 10:10:25 am
Auburn is doable at home. Revenge factor
Revenge factor!!??? In order to be able to execute said revenge, it will require a certain level of ability...which we do NOT have.

TNRazorbacker

I'm not seeing 3 SEC wins out of this team. Two if we are lucky. I think we are better than Mizzou and fairly equal to Ole Miss. Every other SEC  team on the schedule is better. Even this awful Mizzou team isn't a given, they've owned us thus far.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 04:01:14 pm

Long and the buyout will save his job. Long doesn't want to pull the trigger and that buyout is a large convenient excuse not to.

Wild Bill Hog

Al Boarland

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 25, 2017, 11:10:49 am
All accurate statements but remember that this new found offense has happened before under Bielema only to go right back to not scoring at all even versus bad teams. Hell, it even happens in same game: see Missouri and Va Tech games from last season. Like Nutt, Bielema does not seem to be able to bottle and recreate his successes. They just sort of appear out of nowhere than the team reverts to its former self the very next game.

These new little wrinkles were great and caught A&M off guard. Enos empties his bag of tricks in that game. However, other teams have film now and will be prepared.

Jimbob111

Quote from: jst01 on September 25, 2017, 09:49:55 am
We will be lucky to win 4 more games.

That A&M game had TWO WEEKS to get prepared for! That was a statement game to come out and right the ship when your backs against the wall and you need a win more than ever...and the Hogs still couldn't win. The motivation and focus was probably higher before that A&M game than it will be all season and you see how far that got the team.

The next 3-4 weeks you will see more wearing down and injuries (as with all teams) and with more losses comes less confidence and less energy. I think the Hogs put it all on the line this past Saturday and still came up short and that's probably scary to know that it's still not enough against one of the weaker conference teams.

I agree with this totally. Beliema on the sidelines, pulling his O-linemen together, actually coaching and motivating and APPEARING INTERESTED was something we really haven't seen, at least not to that extent. It was kind of sickening to watch them gather around Anderson while he sat on his can but still...

Two weeks to prepare after a terrible loss and still lost the game to a terrible A&M team.  It just seems like the staff haven't been able to pull this team together mentally for tough games. I said last season that the team had quit on Beliema and this lack of mental toughness was part of it.

I see two more wins for the season and neither are conference games. Ole Miss is bad but they'll improve, as most teams do, I don't see the Hogs improving. They take 1 step forward and move 2 back.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 28, 2017, 09:20:18 pm
Long and the buyout will save his job. Long doesn't want to pull the trigger and that buyout is a large convenient excuse not to.

When the coach needs to go, a buyout won't be an obstacle. I don't think wants to pull the trigger but 4-8 and BB is gone. 5-7 is questionable. Unfortunately, barring a miraculous turn around, he has one more year.

It would be better for recruiting to go ahead and signal a coaching change in Nov 2017 rather than Nov 2018. I honestly believe if the season tanks (more than it has already), and Long waits until 2018, he may be looking for a job as well. If this basketball scandal gets any bigger, he may leave on his own.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

TheRazorback500

The path to 6 wins is to Run. The. Ball. I said after we went up 21-7 on A&M we shouldn't throw another pass. NMSU, SC, CC, MSU, and UM are all beatable if we'll get back to basic Bielema football and not force AA to have to find receivers that can't get any separation. He doesn't seem to even want to scramble any more. I noticed a couple of plays against A&M where he had all kinds of room to run.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: shotgun7 on September 27, 2017, 11:06:17 pm
Alabama is the only team on the schedule that will likely demolish us, if we can get a few things figured out we have a decent chance against the rest so why not.

Auburn beat us 56-3 last year.  This year will be closer. Probably 42-14, Auburn.  At OLE MISS will be very difficult.  We always have a hard time in Oxford.  LSU in Baton Rouge will be a LOSS.  They will have their act together by then.  South Carolina in Columbia will not be a pushover.... I'll stick with 5-7.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

swinemaster

I think they can win 5.  Maybe.  But it's gonna be a rough October.

FAMU
NMSU
Ole Miss
Miss St
Mizzou

Hogdomer

Quote from: swinemaster on September 29, 2017, 02:29:01 pm

FAMU
NMSU
Ole Miss
Miss St
Mizzou

It was a rough September, too.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 25, 2017, 09:44:34 am
Imo, the difference between a winning season and no bowl goes thru USCe.....

Going back to 1998, I there was only one time that we lost to them and still went bowling (2000).

GuvHog

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 28, 2017, 09:20:18 pm

the buyout is meaningless. There are enough big money boosters who will cut checks to cover it and not blink an eye.

GuvHog

Quote from: swinemaster on September 29, 2017, 02:29:01 pm

FAMU
NMSU
Ole Miss
Miss St
Mizzou

So you believe the Hogs will lose to Coastal Carolina???

redleg

NM St and Coastal Carolina should be wins for sure.
S. Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mizzou are no better than Arkansas.
Auburn and LSU are not dominant and can be beaten (especially lsu), just not sure if the Hogs can do it.
I do not see Arkansas beating Alabama while Saban is there ..... not even close.
Miss St is a bit of a curiosity, because they dominated lsu, but were beaten badly by Georgia. I'll call it a loss, though.
You can throw out homefield advantage, because it doesn't seem to matter to a Bielema coached team that they are playing in Fayetteville.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 04:01:14 pm
I know. I have said the same. Nevertheless, I have thought 3-5 in SEC would be the outcome since Aug.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Polecat

It will come down to the final 2 games of the year. Both at home
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

We will learn about this team at South Carolina.  I think we get beat and if we do I don't believe we get bowling.

Posters are talking about us being like Vandy.  Totally not so.  That under talented Vandy team comes to play.  They have fire in their belly and refuse to just lay down and take it.  They got beat today one week after BAMA made an example of them for even being undefeated that late in the season.  Yep, BAMA made a statement last Saturday against Vandy.

The Kig

Quote from: HatfieldHog on September 25, 2017, 09:10:41 am
But, the real problem is, we are going to start a brand new QB in the SEC next year, which probably means that we don't go more than 500 next year also!

At least A&M can look to the future by winning with a totally inexperienced true freshman QB that will only get better next year.  But we can't say that

Soo...A&M starts a true Freshman this year and we start a "new" QB who will be a RS-Soph in his 3rd year and you think A&M has the upper hand in that scenario?   I get that the Hogs are struggling, but never go full retard.
Poker Porker

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

goodguytex

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2017, 03:45:35 pm
next week is do or die. imo
Yeah, I agree. Next week is our first true road game. We win it, 7-8 wins are still within reach. We lose, a 5-6 win season max is looking more and more likely.

We beat the chickens, I'm seeing wins against MSU, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Coastal Carolina, and maybe LSU or Auburn. But will be tough.

We lose to the Chickens, I see CC, Ole Miss, and Mizzou as our only other best chances for wins. Maybe luck out at home against MSU.

hogsmash12

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 29, 2017, 07:54:09 am
I agree with this totally. Beliema on the sidelines, pulling his O-linemen together, actually coaching and motivating and APPEARING INTERESTED was something we really haven't seen, at least not to that extent. It was kind of sickening to watch them gather around Anderson while he sat on his can but still...

Two weeks to prepare after a terrible loss and still lost the game to a terrible A&M team.  It just seems like the staff haven't been able to pull this team together mentally for tough games. I said last season that the team had quit on Beliema and this lack of mental toughness was part of it.

I see two more wins for the season and neither are conference games. Ole Miss is bad but they'll improve, as most teams do, I don't see the Hogs improving. They take 1 step forward and move 2 back.

completely agree about the lack of mental toughness...this team has no edge or swagger....more and more i see this as a reflection of BB's personality....we have some talent and totally support the players and their hard work....they just need a fire lit under them for it to be released and start playing with some fire like 'fighting Razorbacks'

HognotinMemphis

There is no path. There is no path to 5 wins now unless we can beat Miss State and Mizzou.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

311Hog

Miss State and LSU aren't as good as some thought they were.  This is why they play the games. It is a long season and things change.

I think this week will definitely tell us alot.  USCe is probably our most "winnable" road game IMHO mainly because they lost one of their key offensive weapons (think A&M with no Kirk).  If we can get any pass rush at all we have a good chance.

We have to beat Missouri at some point, and LSU appears to be a dumpster fire. LSU the only worry is that they fire coach mid season and rally behind some interim like last year.

Miss state will be hard because we struggle with big running qb's that can pass, but again they are on the way down and momentum is an incredible thing.

hogsanity

most likely path to 6 is CC, SC or LSU, OM and Mizzu.  MSu is not as good as they looked against LSU but their QB is likely to run all over us. I just do not see the defense hanging with Bama or Aub.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

South Carolina in my opinion, is a must win game if the Hogs are going to get to 6 wins.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 03, 2017, 10:01:03 am
most likely path to 6 is CC, SC or LSU, OM and Mizzu.  MSu is not as good as they looked against LSU but their QB is likely to run all over us. I just do not see the defense hanging with Bama or Aub.

Exaggerate much?? Arkansas has played 4 games and to date, one QB got 1 long run against the Hogs. They've been pretty good against the run thus far so your assertion that a running QB is likely to "run all over us" is without merit.

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on October 03, 2017, 10:43:51 am
Exaggerate much?? Arkansas has played 4 games and to date, one QB got 1 long run against the Hogs. They've been pretty good against the run thus far so your assertion that a running QB is likely to "run all over us" is without merit.

How many running qb's have they played? The answer is one. Until they play a guy like Fitzgerald, and shut him down, then I will continue to think they will get run on by a running Qb. Now, the way he gets beaten up every week, Ftizgerald may be near death by the time of the game too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ur

After playing SC, we are basically playing head to head for position (after bama and aub games). I don't see us beating bama or Aub so right now we are looking at 4th in the west. Head to head matchups with the west teams will determine if we finish ahead of them. Good thing for BB he gets the two bottom teams from the east. So if we can't beat a single sec team then we are looking at the bottom of not only the west but the entire sec. Our O line and defense will have to turn it up to finish 6-6. Not even ole miss or mizzou are automatic wins. They will be chomping at the bit to go against our defense right now. I would say LSU is looking as our most winnable game right now. They are a mess with no offense. Mizzou and ole miss have the tools to move the ball through the air. That is concerning.

AugustaHog

After this Saturday's game, my outlook on possible win totals is much different.  I came into the year viewing MSU as a totally flawed team.  I was stunned, like everybody else, when they dog stomped LSU.  That caught my attention for sure.  After the losses to UGA and AU, I'm more inclined to believe that MSU isn't really that good, but LSU is just really that bad.  I think both of those teams are beatable now, for sure.  I still don't think we will beat Bama or AU.  Every other game is on the table though.  We currently sit at 2-2 and I think there are  possible wins left out there for us.  By no means am I saying that we will win those other 6 games and get to 8-4.  This outlook has more to do with a lack of confidence in the other SEC teams than it does my feelings about our team.  We could be a mediocre team and get to 7 wins and a bowl this year.  I never thought I'd say this but the SEC is a pretty poor conference outside of Bama, UGA, and maybe AU.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: HatfieldHog on September 25, 2017, 09:10:41 am
I think that we end up with 5 wins this year.  (Huge Dissappointment)
But, the real problem is, we are going to start a brand new QB in the SEC next year, which probably means that we don't go more than 500 next year also!

At least A&M can look to the future by winning with a totally inexperienced true freshman QB that will only get better next year.  But we can't say that at all!

Arkansas football is not going in the right direction!

See ya

as long as their isn't an "Allen" at QB, for the first time in what seems like a decade, I'll be tickled pink.

hogsanity

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on October 03, 2017, 12:52:42 pm
as long as their isn't an "Allen" at QB, for the first time in what seems like a decade, I'll be tickled pink.

another Hog fan proving Clay Travis was a little low on his rating of our fan base's intelligence.

HognotinMemphis

It is a shame we are discussing a path to 6 wins. Are we Tulane?

Well, that path starts Saturday. If Hogs do not beat SC, and I think the Hogs will lose a close one, there is not much chance of getting to 6 wins.

swineology

If Allen survives Bama and Auburn without injury we cal absolutely win 6

USCe
Coastal Carolina
Ole Piss
Mizzou

I'd throw a toss up in to win 7 between LSWho and Moo State

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"