Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CCM's opinion on Anthracite

Started by SemperHawg, January 10, 2018, 01:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:16:19 pm
I enjoyed the year Georgia came charging out, worked into a frenzy over their badass, intimidating black jerseys...and promptly got stomped like grapes.  But I'm sure the kids enjoyed getting beaten like a tied up goat while wearing black.  After all, it is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous.

I remember that one well. One of the most memorable uniform debacles in recent years.

I'm still okay with anthracite, ONCE. It's certainly better than the pale gray everyone is doing lately. And maybe a white helmet with red hog when we're wearing all white on the road, ONCE. Let's just keep in in check. This has come up before...but has everyone noticed all the trendy young 5-star recruits who have bailed on Alabama because of their traditional old uniforms?...oh...

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 10, 2018, 07:20:41 pm
ad: right of passage for a southern Arkansas boy is to get your Bowie knife, sharpen it until it can shave the hair off of your arm and kill a wild hog jumping down on his back from the lower limbs of a tree....you do NOT do this however with the big boars

Holy s#&%...are you serious? I took one of my sons wild hog hunting a few years ago north of Houston. One of the 2 hogs he shot weighed about 170-180 and it was a big mother. And that's HALF the size of the one you mentioned earlier.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

RME

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:16:19 pm
I enjoyed the year Georgia came charging out, worked into a frenzy over their badass, intimidating black jerseys...and promptly got stomped like grapes.  But I'm sure the kids enjoyed getting beaten like a tied up goat while wearing black.  After all, it is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous.

Georgia also wore black jerseys in the 2008 Sugar Bowl against Hawaii and won 41-10, but who's counting.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 01:17:58 pm
Yeah, the color of the uniforms affects the outcome.

I'm a believer. Was in the stands of the 2008 Cotton Bowl against Mizzou. Seconds after the team entered the field my cell phone rang. It was my brother who was watching at home. He said "please don't tell me we are wearing those ugly all red uniforms". I said "afraid so". His reply was "we're toast". Sure enough, Tony Temple took us to the woodshed. Though I realize a lot of things contributed to that loss, I want to believe that those uniforms were a factor. :)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:03:23 pm
Also, completely unrelated, but Tera Talmadge is HAWT!!!!!

Yet she'll scream sexual harassment after putting a "professional' picture like that up.
I know, I know, according to feminists a woman should be able to walk naked down the street and expect not to be raped. And she should expect not to be. This, however, is not a perfect world.

And the lady is very attractive. Just tired of the double standard PC BS.

steveaustin69

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on January 11, 2018, 12:43:11 pm
Yet she'll scream sexual harassment after putting a "professional' picture like that up.
I know, I know, according to feminists a woman should be able to walk naked down the street and expect not to be raped. And she should expect not to be. This, however, is not a perfect world.

Maybe keep your rape takes to yourself next time

RME

1. As discussed, the photo posted in this thread is not even her.
2. Way to come flying in out of absolutely nowhere with your takes. Who wronged you in the past?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 10, 2018, 02:34:21 pm
Let's work on our combo blocks and form tackling and then maybe we can worry about jersey colors

Right,  because the same people are in charge of both.

snoblind

Over 2 pages of replies since the photo of the girl on Tara's pin interest page and no intel on who she is. You people are useless.  We need to get FarmHog on this.

woodhog14

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:00:11 pm
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts exactly.

https://twitter.com/TeraTalmadge/status/951145172267667456
I like them, but they would look awesome if the numbers were red with a white outline instead of white numbers.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Sed76 on January 10, 2018, 10:21:36 pm
Handing out Dodge Challengers like they are candy and winning championships helps Bama in recruiting way more than their uniform color. They could change their uniforms to hot pink and still pull in top 3 recruiting classes.
And moving parents from Hawaii 🧐

RME

Quote from: snoblind on January 11, 2018, 01:14:37 pm
Over 2 pages of replies since the photo of the girl on Tara's pin interest page and no intel on who she is. You people are useless.  We need to get FarmHog on this.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tera+talmadge

rhames

Quote from: snoblind on January 11, 2018, 01:14:37 pm

It's just some random girl. I did some Intel. It was a picture she pinned because she liked  the outfit.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Dude. This is bizzare.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

snoblind

Quote from: rhames on January 11, 2018, 02:13:54 pm

It's just some random girl. I did some Intel. It was a picture she pinned because she liked  the outfit.

Yep

Porkbutt Gary

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2018, 07:44:10 am
That's correct, and we'll cheer them on, no matter the color they have on that day. Or do you not?

When has Nike cheered the Hogs on? They just count their profit when you buy the gimmick grey gear while the elite players go to Bama, Auburn & LSU that take pride in their school colors and traditions.

I'm all for an occasional alternative uniform, just use our colors and be recognizable.
Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 10, 2018, 01:36:40 pm
Athracite is cool, but the uniform with the chrome helmet was even better

It makes me want to puke!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 11, 2018, 07:43:33 pm
It makes me want to puke!

I bet you could hold it back if we could beat Bama...    :puke:

ricepig

Quote from: Porkbutt Gary on January 11, 2018, 07:16:31 pm
When has Nike cheered the Hogs on? They just count their profit when you buy the gimmick grey gear while the elite players go to Bama, Auburn & LSU that take pride in their school colors and traditions.

I'm all for an occasional alternative uniform, just use our colors and be recognizable.

LSU had alternative uniforms.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=lsu+uniforms&id=5B9A32387C6EA29BF256AE9F3B5CC3DE2C33443E&FORM=IQFRBA

Porkbutt Gary

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2018, 08:05:59 pm
LSU had alternative uniforms.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=lsu+uniforms&id=5B9A32387C6EA29BF256AE9F3B5CC3DE2C33443E&FORM=IQFRBA

Every year?  Do they put recruits in them o visits? Do they present them as one of their uniform combinations?  Anthracite has become more than an "Alternative" uniform, its been added as on of our uniform. 

Where in here does it say Anthracite is a school color?

From Official UA Website:
The official colors of the University of Arkansas are cardinal and white. Because of the requirements for printing and the need to be as specific as possible when matching colors, the Pantone® Matching System (PMS) number for cardinal red is 201.
Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

ricepig

Quote from: Porkbutt Gary on January 12, 2018, 01:06:20 pm
Every year?  Do they put recruits in them o visits? Do they present them as one of their uniform combinations?  Anthracite has become more than an "Alternative" uniform, its been added as on of our uniform. 

Where in here does it say Anthracite is a school color?

From Official UA Website:
The official colors of the University of Arkansas are cardinal and white. Because of the requirements for printing and the need to be as specific as possible when matching colors, the Pantone® Matching System (PMS) number for cardinal red is 201.

I don't know, I don't follow LSU recruiting. Maybe you need to write the BOT, surely someone on it agrees with you.

Batesville Hogfan

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 10, 2018, 02:19:09 pm
She needs to be Arkansas's sideline reporter.  Oh, wait a minute then the coaches and players could not concentrate on football.
Yes but if we were losing we'd still be watching.  Ratings would go through the roof!

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 10, 2018, 04:18:45 pm
I can tell when someone has never been in the swamps and wetlands of southwest Arkansas...the smell is unmistakable and the first time you see a 350 lb boar with 5 inch tusks fully brought to bare and who's already killed three of your best dogs, the thought crosses your mind, "I'm a dead man if I miss on the first shot"....these wild bastards are unlike anything you've encountered here in the Southern U.S.

I work with several young guys here in SE Ar that hog hunt regularly. They refer to the hogs as pigs and the tusks as teeth. My great uncles called the tusks tushes. Pigs hogs anthracite red. Whatever. Just put a good competitive product on the field!
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Dudeman

Omg I hate anthracite! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!!!!!! It's a boring cruddy looking dark gray. Come on people. Lol
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

JONAS

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:03:23 pm
Also, completely unrelated, but Tera Talmadge is HAWT!!!!!

Yes, she is.

rzrbkman

Whatever color the uniform colors are, they need to be of a color in which the team name/mascot and player numbers are easily readable by fans at the game/television viewers.

LZH

I sure wish we'd get over this anthracite thing. Uniform changes are cool with the kids, I get it. But go with black, please. No more weird gray. And fwiw, I couldn't get into the 1964 uniforms until I saw them...they look great.

LZH

Quote from: rzrbkman on January 14, 2018, 10:16:56 am
Whatever color the uniform colors are, they need to be of a color in which the team name/mascot and player numbers are easily readable by fans at the game/television viewers.

Didn't one of the teams we played get penalized somehow for this very thing?