Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wildlife Consulting

Started by Mitch C, June 02, 2007, 04:52:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch C

I am a partner in a wildlife consulting operation.  Although I am very familiar with the habits of wildlife, I am primarily retained for habitat improvement, primarily nutrition.  My background covers both agriculture as well as aquaculture.  I recieved permission the other day from hSv to post advice to help anyone as best I can.  You can either send me a message or just post here.  I will post a few pictures, but many clients are very sensitive to having the deer on their property flashed all over the internet.  I do siminars where I show hundreds of pictures of animals and food sources.  If you have any questions you would like me to try to answer just fire away.  I tried to post pictures but the files must be to big.  I will work on getting you guys some pictures.

Mitch C

I am having trouble getting pictures to post.  Can anyone help me?  It always tells me the file is too big

Mitch C

These are the only two pictures I can get to post.

tophawg19

glad to see you on board . post as much as you can.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Mitch C

For the elk enthusiast, here is an elk from a project we are associated with

SpareRib

Quote from: PorkThis on June 02, 2007, 04:52:29 pm
I am a partner in a wildlife consulting operation.  Although I am very familiar with the habits of wildlife, I am primarily retained for habitat improvement, primarily nutrition.  My background covers both agriculture as well as aquaculture.  I recieved permission the other day from hSv to post advice to help anyone as best I can.  You can either send me a message or just post here.  I will post a few pictures, but many clients are very sensitive to having the deer on their property flashed all over the internet.  I do siminars where I show hundreds of pictures of animals and food sources.  If you have any questions you would like me to try to answer just fire away.  I tried to post pictures but the files must be to big.  I will work on getting you guys some pictures.

Are you part of the group involved in the Arkansas trout management program?
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Mitch C

You know what they say!  Big tracks, Big buck.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mitch C

Quote from: Porkaholic on June 03, 2007, 03:25:52 pm
Quote from: PorkThis on June 02, 2007, 04:52:29 pm

Are you part of the group involved in the Arkansas trout management program?

No.  We mostly concentrate on ponds or lakes on private property.  Fish respond very favorably as well to a proper nutrition program, and that is what we set up.  Most of our clients concentrate on largemouth bass, but we work with other species.  Unfortunately, I have not had anyone request me to work with trout.

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Mitch C

I really need help with my photos.  Every time I try to post them they say they are too big.  If I resize them. You can't blow them up from the web page.  If you know how I can post some photos about 416 kb or about that. let me know.  I can still dispense advice.  I guess for now, you'll have to evaluate whether it is useful or not, because I am having trouble with my pictures.

SpareRib

Quote from: PorkThis on June 03, 2007, 03:48:21 pm
I really need help with my photos.  Every time I try to post them they say they are too big.  If I resize them. You can't blow them up from the web page.  If you know how I can post some photos about 416 kb or about that. let me know.  I can still dispense advice.  I guess for now, you'll have to evaluate whether it is useful or not, because I am having trouble with my pictures.

Go to the Help Forum - Lots of us have had the same problem at first.  There are threads or Mods there that can help you.

My solution was to use Photobucket.com and download from there.

Mitch C

Alright, lets do this.  If anyone wants pictures sent to them by email, send me your email address and I can send you a few.  Obviously, I am too big of a moron to get them to work on here.  These are all pictures of animals our firm has worked to produce, and most of the photos were taken by my partner or me.  Most of them are trophy class bucks.

Mitch C

tophawg19

thanks mb we are looking forward to seing them
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins