Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches Hot seat, BB worst hire in the SEC since WW11

Started by Hoggie17, October 24, 2017, 05:52:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Forget this football talk!  How did I miss World Wars 3 thru 10!!

Sorry, couldn't help.  Hope I made you smile.  I haven't smiled in a month.

Continue.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hawgon

Long is a great AD. 

Look at his hires.

Well, he is a great fundraiser look at our budget now.

We get $40 to $50 million in SEC money now and everything from tickets to donations required for them are more expensive.

Well, look at our facilities.  He did well getting the money for that.

We were the last major university in the country to get a basketball practice facility and for the first time in our history we had to float bonds to fund a major expansion with the North Endzone.  Oh, and they missed their initial sales goal on that mess by about $10 million.

Hater.  You just don't like him because he isn't from here.

Okay.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hawgon on October 25, 2017, 06:21:54 am
Long is a great AD. 

Look at his hires.

Well, he is a great fundraiser look at our budget now.

We get $40 to $50 million in SEC money now and everything from tickets to donations required for them are more expensive.

Well, look at our facilities.  He did well getting the money for that.

We were the last major university in the country to get a basketball practice facility and for the first time in our history we had to float bonds to fund a major expansion with the North Endzone.  Oh, and they missed their initial sales goal on that mess by about $10 million.

Hater.  You just don't like him because he isn't from here.

Okay.

You really need another screen name for your inner dialog. Inbox Pillowtalk Jacqueline for instructions...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BigE_23

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 24, 2017, 05:52:50 am
http://coacheshotseat.com/

BB's Winning percentage is .278, they go on to state that the whole athletic department should be fired before before Long destroys Arkansas Football totally.  Keep in mind that from 1998 through the bowl game of 2012,  HDN and BP had a combined winning percentage of  .527.

How did I completely miss the other 9 World Wars?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 24, 2017, 07:49:04 pm
Stop being retarded.

On paper Bret was a home run hire. It just hasn't worked out for multiple reasons. Some of them were bad luck and some were of his own doing.

Exactly.

And for those beating that "let's take this away from the AD and form a committee" drum, the last time Arkansas did that it ended up with the Dale instead of Tuberville.  So let's not pretend that's some kind of silver bullet, either.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 25, 2017, 04:42:55 am
Just like Ford, they were both good hires that failed to meet expectations.

I would submit that the Bielema hire was an even better hire than Ford.  Yeah, Ford won a natty at Clemson, but Ford also had a gigantic string of recruiting violations running, too.  When he got here, that kind of high level cheating was a no-go, and it became pretty clear what Ford could and couldn't do when relying on his own Xs and Os ability.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

East Clintwood

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 25, 2017, 08:21:13 am
Exactly.

And for those beating that "let's take this away from the AD and form a committee" drum, the last time Arkansas did that it ended up with the Dale instead of Tuberville.  So let's not pretend that's some kind of silver bullet, either.

It might not be a silver bullet but it sure looks good compared to Longs string of fiascoes and potential fiascoes.

Committee:

Hootie

Long:

Wannstedt
Grobe
Bowden
Bert
Smile

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hawgon

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 25, 2017, 11:41:57 am
It might not be a silver bullet but it sure looks good compared to Longs string of fiascoes and potential fiascoes.

Committee:

Hootie

Long:

Wannstedt
Grobe
Bowden
Bert
Smile

Uh...I'll take the committee, please.

daprospecta

Quote from: IronHog on October 24, 2017, 03:14:59 pm

Don't watch NFL anymore

QB play is pathetic.  Brady isn't the GOAT he's just the last one
Carson Wentz would like a word with you sir.