Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn caller on Finebaum just said

Started by Tusks, November 28, 2017, 05:32:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

he'd help Gus pack for AR.

So even though he's playing for a SECC and a birth in the CFBP, they don't like his coaching.

He said they shouldn't have to put up with only winning a SECC every 3 years.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Hogsmo Kramer

They think they should be bama but they're not and never will be.

Classic little brother syndrome.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Birminghog

Quote from: tusked on November 28, 2017, 05:32:09 pm

So even though he's playing for a SECC and a birth in the CFBP, they don't like his coaching.

Welcome to my world. I live in the midst of this madness.

JONAS

Tusks

I wouldn't want to coach in that trailer park.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggy Hogalot

Science Fiction Greg

I would love to see Gus leave for anywhere, even here, just to watch them have to settle for a worse coach and fail for the next 5+ years.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

farmhawg

Quote from: Birminghog on November 28, 2017, 05:34:01 pm
Welcome to my world. I live in the midst of this madness.
Maybe you should be calling as a new auburn fan and complain  about Gus....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Lol, I don't take callers seriously unless they tell the host to KMA!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

onebadrubi

many of auburns fans are not happy with Gus because he pulled a Houston Nutt.  He was forced to bring in some offensive help with the new OC this year.  He pulled a Nutt and did not allow that guy to call palys and such until mid season when he was (as the rumors say) forced to let the OC start calling plays and actually implement some of his stuff. 

lets be honest here though, Auburn is where they are today because of that defense.  Alabama is desinged ot beat EVERYONE they play that only scores in the twenties, same with UGA.

The Boar War

That's why its funny when people on here act like we're a crazy, unrealistic fan base.  They have no idea.

Hoggie17

If Gus does not come to Arkansas he should leave Auburn, those people are fickle remember how the treated Tubby?

B Ray

Isn't that caller aware that there is another 100 plus teams wishing they were where Auburn is !!! Lol

southeasthog

People that call in to talk shows on tv or radio are generally idiots. Just saying.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 28, 2017, 05:38:59 pm
I would love to see Gus leave for anywhere, even here, just to watch them have to settle for a worse coach and fail for the next 5+ years.

Careful what you wish for. They may end up with a powerhouse coach that allows them to compete every year. I hope they end up regretting letting Gus go if he does leave. But they are an attractive enough program to get a top tier coach.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 05:55:50 pm
Careful what you wish for. They may end up with a powerhouse coach that allows them to compete every year. I hope they end up regretting letting Gus go if he does leave. But they are an attractive enough program to get a top tier coach.

I think they are more likely to fall flat on their face.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

JONAS

Quote from: southeasthog on November 28, 2017, 05:53:12 pm
People that call in to talk shows on tv or radio are generally idiots. Just saying.

Most of them are.

clutch

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 28, 2017, 05:33:22 pm
They think they should be bama but they're not and never will be.

Classic little brother syndrome.

I love how they think they are on Bama's level, yet still rush the field when they beat them. If they were really on par with Bama, wouldn't they expect to win games like that and stay in the stands?

BOAR_N2BWILD

My friends in Auburn all feel this way. They do not like Gus at all. They say it is about 75% of the fan base still want him gone.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

RazorNick

Finebaum also said "Malzahn to Arkansas"...but I think that was tongue in cheek

NotSoFastMyFriend

FACT: Radio show callers were not hugged as children.

Hoot72

One of my best friends is a Bama fan, he even has a son that plays baseball there.  Last Saturday we talked about Gus leaving, he said most normal people can't live with the stress of a rivalry that list 365 days a year.  He went on to say that Saban is not normal, but maybe Gus is and is just tired of all the comparisons to Bama (every day).

thebignasty

Calling All Hogs

Up until Long made the mistake of hiring Bielema they were having trouble beating Arkansas every three years.

Jackson_64

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 28, 2017, 05:44:52 pm
many of auburns fans are not happy with Gus because he pulled a Houston Nutt.  He was forced to bring in some offensive help with the new OC this year.  He pulled a Nutt and did not allow that guy to call palys and such until mid season when he was (as the rumors say) forced to let the OC start calling plays and actually implement some of his stuff. 

lets be honest here though, Auburn is where they are today because of that defense.  Alabama is desinged ot beat EVERYONE they play that only scores in the twenties, same with UGA.

I've not heard this. If true, this is a little concerning. I like Gus and would support him 100% if he came here. Though I would hate to see him turn into Nutt and not allow others around him to come in and help when needed. I think he knows he couldn't do it alone here nevertheless so bring him on!
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 28, 2017, 07:04:11 pm
Up until Long made the mistake of hiring Bielema they were having trouble beating Arkansas every three years.
That 9-7 loss to Auburn is when Nutt lost me for good.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

phadedhawg

They screen callers to get rid of anyone sensible, this is known. 

Something is amiss at Auburn, they are currently hitting above their average but there seems to be some uneasiness in the fan base. 

Calling All Hogs

ifghog

Quote from: pigasaurus on November 28, 2017, 07:14:29 pm
That 9-7 loss to Auburn is when Nutt lost me for good.
I was at that game. It was awful. That's the game he lost me too.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 28, 2017, 05:57:06 pm
I think they are more likely to fall flat on their face.

Based on what? Their top 10 recruiting class, their follow-up season coming off a run at the CFB, or the fact you don't like them?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

TeufelHog

Hmmmm, note to self . . .  call Finebaum Show tomorrow, claim to be an Auburn fan, bad-mouth Gus . . . in an attempt to get him back home to Arkansas!  WPS!

Calling All Hogs

In his 5 years there, Gus has now beaten Saban 40 percent of the time. Auburn is not going to find a coach that can do better than that.

Semohog

I have lived amongst them. They really believe they can do better than Gus. I even have several friends that are state fans and a few of them believe they can upgrade from Mullen. Most fan bases are completely delusional.

RazorNick

Quote from: mboot on November 28, 2017, 07:32:11 pm
I have lived amongst them. They really believe they can do better than Gus. I even have several friends that are state fans and a few of them believe they can upgrade from Mullen. Most fan bases are completely delusional.

I'm shocked!

42-11hogs

How long was Chisick employed after he won National title

Semohog

Quote from: RazorNick on November 28, 2017, 07:35:05 pm
I'm shocked!

Except ours of course...
By the way I heard Gruden was at a realtors office in Fayetteville today around noonish.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 28, 2017, 06:45:26 pm
My friends in Auburn all feel this way. They do not like Gus at all. They say it is about 75% of the fan base still want him gone.

I met an Auburn fan at the Route 66 Half Marathon the other day. I remarked that some of our fans were wanting their head coach.

He said, "They can have him!"

HogPharmer

Quote from: 42-11hogs on November 28, 2017, 07:37:13 pm
How long was Chisick employed after he won National title

I know not of this Chisick of whom you refer

go hogues

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 28, 2017, 05:38:59 pm
Petrino would be on Auburn's podium before N88UA's tires hit runway at FYV.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hog1984

Quote from: go hogues on November 28, 2017, 08:01:59 pm
I think you are correct.

RebelliousHog

Everything you say, if true and I have no reason to doubt it, would be why Gus would leave there and come here, or go elsewhere. 

If he comes here, despite my feelings toward him, I would support him.

What would REALLY steam the Gus lovers would be if he left Aubie and went to another NCAA school. I don't think anyone would mind if he went NFL  (I don't think his style would work with grown men) but to spurn Arkansas and go to another university? Meltdown.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ms_hog

Maddhog

Quote from: go hogues on November 28, 2017, 08:01:59 pm

Not true.   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

MuskogeeHogFan

Wonder why?

The Gus File, post-Arkansas

Sometimes good given the talent, sometimes not so good given the talent. Sounds perfect for Arkansas. 

Tulsa   Rec Rank   SOS   W   L      %
2007        83        82    10   4   0.714
2008        72       113   10   3   0.769
Auburn   Rec Rank   SOS   W   L    %
2009          23         19    8   5   0.615
2010           6          3    14   0   1.000
2011           5          3     8   5    0.615
Ark St   Rec Rank   SOS   W   L      %
2012          64         34    9   3   0.750
Auburn   Rec Rank   SOS   W   L      %
2013           10         2    12   2   0.857
2014            6          2     8   5   0.615
2015            8          4     7   6   0.538
2016            9          5     8   5   0.615
2017            9          4    10   2   0.833

I'm sure he is going to take our top 25 recruiting classes, push them into top 20 classes and push us into being an SEC West contender.
Go Hogs Go!

holman24

And doesn't auburn have a big NCAA investigation coming soon just saying

HoopS

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 05:55:50 pm
Beause it isn't bad enough for us already with them dropping 50+ on us every year lately. I'm fairly certain the next guy won't drum us quite as violently.

Batesville Hogfan

If we could buy Auburn for what they're worth and sell them for what they think they're worth we'd have a lot of money......

SamBuckhart

Alabama even hates their coach from some crazy fans. I will support whoever our coach is. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!