Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown VIII

Started by Hogtropolis™, March 02, 2014, 01:59:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrulz83

In spite of 3 errors, the Cardinals are tied for the lead in the Central Division. 1 down, 161 games to go.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

jrulz83

PonderinHog

Quote from: jrulz83 on March 31, 2014, 06:30:34 pm
At least a 161-1 team.
It's too early to tell just yet.  We'll know more tomorrow.

The Boar War

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 31, 2014, 10:01:27 pm

Tommorrow they get a much needed day off.

pigture perfect

Waino looked to be as sharp as ever.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 31, 2014, 06:19:08 pm
And we beat Cueto.

Yeah, but nobody kicked him in the head and ended his career so it wasn't a win/win.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The Boar War on March 31, 2014, 10:12:33 pm
Tommorrow they get a much needed day off.
Further proving my point.

Cotton

What a game on opening day.

How stacked is our staff!?! Geez

Few first day jitters but nothing to be concerned about defensively. They'll get it together no doubt.

Poor Cueto pitched a he77 of a game and still got the L.... And it couldn't have happened to a better person hahahahahaha
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

jrulz83

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 31, 2014, 10:01:27 pm

Today is the game I have them losing.

dacskc

I'm excited to see Wacha today. I hope he can avoid the dreaded Sophomore Slump.

pigture perfect

It's kind of a buzzkill to have an off day after opening day. I've never understood why they do that.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 02, 2014, 04:43:39 pm
It's kind of a buzzkill to have an off day after opening day. I've never understood why they do that.

My dad told me many years ago that it is scheduled that way in case opening day is rained out.

pigture perfect

Not a good day yesterday. Hogs and Cards both lose games they should've won.

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 03, 2014, 10:35:34 am
Not a good day yesterday. Hogs and Cards both lose games they should've won.

I'm going to predict a rain out for the Cardinals today.

pigture perfect

I hope so. They are down 3-0 in the 1st.

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 03, 2014, 03:53:56 pm
I hope so. They are down 3-0 in the 1st.

Lance Lynn, what more do I need to say? At least Peralta struck back with his first homer and Lynn put up a zero.

jrulz83

Freaking rain delays..... I hate April for this reason.

pigture perfect

I wish this game would have been rained out. Yuck!

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 04, 2014, 10:25:52 pm
I wish this game would have been rained out. Yuck!

Yup, that was a pretty ugly one.

pigture perfect

Peter Bourjous has been a disappointment offensively so far. Freese at least could drive in runs.

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 05, 2014, 07:34:55 pm
Peter Bourjous has been a disappointment offensively so far. Freese at least could drive in runs.

I'll take the defense he provides. He has had a rough start offensively, but it's only been 4 games. Let it play out a while. By the way, Freese is batting .143 (2-16) with 1 RBI. I do think he and Bourjos will rebound from their respective early season struggles. Bourjos just needs to get his first hit. To use the standard baseball cliche, he needs to relax and let the game come to him.

clutch

Only been 4 games. Nothing to worry about yet.

ucahogfan

Bourjous isn't going to be the RBI guy that Freese was.  Bourjous should be someone who tries to get on base as much as possible and then wreck havoc on the base path.

jrulz83

Scene from the clubhouse after finally beating a lefty starter (and Liriano no less) :) :

[vine]h6JpFH06qMH[/vine]

McKdaddy

pigture perfect

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 05, 2014, 11:07:50 pm
Bourjous isn't going to be the RBI guy that Freese was.  Bourjous should be someone who tries to get on base as much as possible and then wreck havoc on the base path.
That's just it though, he doesn't get on base much. He just looks uncomfortable offensively. He's no Colby Rasmus on defense either. Oh, I know. It's only 5 games.

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 06, 2014, 03:21:01 pm
That's just it though, he doesn't get on base much. He just looks uncomfortable offensively. He's no Colby Rasmus on defense either. Oh, I know. It's only 5 games.

Rasmus wasn't very good defensively in STL, especially his arm. He has always been among the league leaders in errors in CF. Bourjos is widely regarded as one of the best defensive center fielders in all of baseball. I'm bullish on Bourjos, I think he'll be batting around .270 before the season is over.

pigture perfect

Ray Piggers

So far Jay > Bourjos

I can't wait til Oscar gets called up.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

jrulz83

dacskc

This is a sad looking opening day crowd. I know it was raining earlier but c'mon.
There are more people watching in the BP Village than in the stadium so far.

pigture perfect

The last time I was in Busch, it was the same thing. Notoriously late arrivers.

dacskc

Yadi!!!! He loves to destroy to the Reds.

pigture perfect

We are lucky to be @ .500 after the first week. 3 of our position starters are hitting less than .100. I know it's early and I'm not really worried.

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 07, 2014, 04:34:36 pm
We are lucky to be @ .500 after the first week. 3 of our position starters are hitting less than .100. I know it's early and I'm not really worried.

How off is Craig right now? He looks horrible at the plate. He'll get it going though. At least Bourjos is off the schneid.

dacskc

Rosenthal doing his Izzy impression here.

Cotton

Winner Winner! Cards 5 Reds 3!

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

jrulz83

Fox Sports One channel finder:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/find-fox-sports-1-on-your-tv

Just in case you're like me and have had no reason to watch or even know where it is until tonight.

pigture perfect

I wonder which Lance Lynn we will see tonight. The one who pitches a 2 hitter and looks splendid, or the one that gives up 2 runs an inning over 5.

pigture perfect

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

jrulz83

As usual, the offense gets Lynn even.

Ray Piggers

Ive never seen a pitcher squander more run support than Lance Lynn.

jrulz83

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on April 08, 2014, 09:35:02 pm
Ive never seen a pitcher squander more run support than Lance Lynn.

True, the astounding thing is the offense always seems to get him of the hook.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 08, 2014, 09:49:42 pm
True, the astounding thing is the offense always seems to get him of the hook.

Yep. I always expect  7-6 / 8-7 win with LL on the mound.

jrulz83

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on April 08, 2014, 09:53:32 pm
Yep. I always expect  7-6 / 8-7 win with LL on the mound.

Lynn is a very valuable pitcher even though he has caused many, many gray hairs to develop upon the crown of my head.

pigture perfect

I may have been wrong with some previous post about Bourjous. Time will tell. He's been hot the last 2 games.

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 08, 2014, 10:08:28 pm
I may have been wrong with some previous post about Bourjous. Time will tell. He's been hot the last 2 games.

He really did hit into some bad luck in the first two series. He does little things that don't get noticed, like cutting off a ball Votto hit tonight and holding him to a single, I don't think Jay gets that done. I'm glad to see him and Wong in the middle of things tonight in good ways.

McKdaddy

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 08, 2014, 10:08:28 pm

4 games in was just an awful early time in the season to cast him as "disappointing", ha.