Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri movin' on up?

Started by Nate-Hawg, January 08, 2008, 03:30:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate-Hawg

Razorvet

He was a solid commit to Nebraska and when they fired thier coach he bolted. Hes from Misery and they are having a banner year so they benefited.

Nate-Hawg

Oh, I didn't know anything about him.

I also noticed that Butch got a five star WR. Five star to UNC football? Good job Butch.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=71508

VenturaHog

Quote from: nate8406 on January 08, 2008, 03:41:57 am
Oh, I didn't know anything about him.

I also noticed that Butch got a five star WR. Five star to UNC football? Good job Butch.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=71508

Got a 5 star DT last season too if I'm not mistaken.

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

mizzouman

Quote from: Razorvet on January 08, 2008, 03:35:11 am
He was a solid commit to Nebraska and when they fired thier coach he bolted. Hes from Misery and they are having a banner year so they benefited.

Gabbert originally commited to Nebraska because Callahan coached his uncle and the families are great friends.  But Gabbert has always said that he should not have committed to Nebraska and that Mizzou was always his first choice.

Tomhog™

We might see the 5*s mroe scattered about around different schools than ever before with all the top-notch coaching hires and recent success of programs like Kansas, Missouri, and Hawaii.  The gap from the top echelon (Texas, LSU, Ohio State, USC-W) to middle (UNC, USC-E, Oregon) is narrowing a bit.

dougieritch

Talk about a log-jam of quality QB's at Mizzou!  I saw this kid play in one of the High School All Star Games...he's very good (Ryan Mallet-Like).

OLDHOG

Did you notice nuttster didnt even offer?

mizzouman

Quote from: dougieritch on January 08, 2008, 10:35:56 am
Talk about a log-jam of quality QB's at Mizzou!  I saw this kid play in one of the High School All Star Games...he's very good (Ryan Mallet-Like).

Also, we have the top rated junior QB in Missouri already committed in Blaine Dalton who will be, at at minimum, a 4-star if not 5.  Also, we are heavily recruiting another QB in Missouri in Nathan Scheelhaase which I believe Arkansas is recruiting as well.

dougieritch

Mizzou, what's your team's secret...most big time QB's don't want to come in and wait or play behind someone.

No matter what, excellent job by Mizzou's coaches to get these kids!  Mizzou's future looks bright, hopefully in the future we can get a rematch between you guys!

Cheers!

mizzouman

Quote from: dougieritch on January 08, 2008, 03:02:20 pm
Mizzou, what's your team's secret...most big time QB's don't want to come in and wait or play behind someone.

No matter what, excellent job by Mizzou's coaches to get these kids!  Mizzou's future looks bright, hopefully in the future we can get a rematch between you guys!

Cheers!

We pay them!!!

Seriously, it all started with Brad Smith.  Not much of a passer but an electric runner.  He's a guy who was only 2 stars coming out of high school and the only other school to offer him was West Virginia.

Chase Daniel was a guy who was the EA High School National Player of the year but only got 3 stars coming out of power house Southlake Carroll.  Wanted to go to Texas but they did not recruit him because he was too short.  Bad call by Mack Brown.

The state of Missouri has been blessed with 3 high caliber QB's this past year in Gabbert, 5 star elite QB, and Dalton and Scheelhasse.  fortunately for us, these kids are in the state of Missouri and we are doing well at the right time.   

Razorvet

Well Butch Davis is milking Hartgrave Academy. And for some reason that place is loaded with talent. Its kind of like recruiting Warren. And with Nebraska down it looks like Mizzo will be reaping the benefits of kids from that mid-american corridor that use to migrate to Nebraska.

mizzouman

Quote from: Razorvet on January 08, 2008, 04:39:20 pm
Well Butch Davis is milking Hartgrave Academy. And for some reason that place is loaded with talent. Its kind of like recruiting Warren. And with Nebraska down it looks like Mizzo will be reaping the benefits of kids from that mid-american corridor that use to migrate to Nebraska.

Good post.  We already have committments from 2 guys who originally committed to Nebraska.  5 star QB Gabbert from Missouri, 4 star OL Hoch from Iowa and perhaps a 4 start LB/ATH Compton from Missouri. 

Back in the day, Tom Osborne used to say that the Missouri job was a gold mine being in a fertile recruiting area with only 1 D1 college football program.  Hopefully, he's was correct.