Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The coaching staff is having to call and ask for tapes....

Started by SpiritHog, January 03, 2008, 07:32:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiritHog

just heard Richard Davenport say that on SportsRap.  It would seem that the boys didn't leave them for the future staff's use.  He says this has slowed the recruiting process.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

hogginbama

Would you expect anything less from the boys of Nutt? That speaks volumes about the Right Reverend Nutt and his band of croonies.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

SpiritHog

hog_fan

Shouldn't Horton have the numbers of recruits. Him and Allen should have some of this.

COCHISE

Not real sure how that works out, but wouldn't those tapes have been the property of the University of Arkansas Athletic Department? or are they the personal property of the coaches that they were sent too?

snoblind

I posted on the MMQB thread that Jeff Long should have some "missing paychecks" until the tapes are found.

tophawg19

tapes are sent to the U OF A  usually . theivin' sob's. why does spell check no longer work
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

COCHISE

So let me get this straight..

1st.  OUR coaches while being paid by the UA take off to Ole Miss and start recruiting for the Rebels.
2nd.  They begin and continue trying to persuade our current commits to switch their commitments to Ole Miss. (understandable)
Now  They take the tapes that kids and coaches sent to the U of A so that the current coaching staff can't evaluate kids that want to be Razorbacks.

tophawg19

supprised ?  >:( that group has no class and never will . how else to you expect them to find players ? they sure can't do it on their own.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SpiritHog

January 03, 2008, 08:22:19 pm #10 Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:55:55 pm by SPIRITHOG
as in "Thou shalt not steal?"  I have read and heard "He is a good Christian man."

The Boar War

I'm sure Horton or Allen has the contact info of those who are currently committed.  What I would do (regardless of whether we have the recruiting info or not) is call every high school coach and explain that we haven't been able to get in contact with the recruits because the no good sob that coached here before stole all the tapes.  Hopefully that will close a few doors for Houston.

Who here thinks this has a lot to do with this earlier post?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=192858.0

Porkatarian

Quote from: The Boar War link=topic=196720.msg3037675#msg3037675 date=1199414028

url="http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=192858.0"]http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=192858.0[/url]

Trust me on this one.  The story is true.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Razorvet

I think this could be a good thing. It gives he current staff a chance to feel out all the current commits. It really important for Out of state bc he never got to visit them.

El Supremo

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 03, 2008, 09:35:23 pm
Quote from: The Boar War link=topic=196720.msg3037675#msg3037675 date=1199414028

url="http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=192858.0"]http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=192858.0[/url]

Trust me on this one.  The story is true.

Porkatarian out...

Porkatarian,  I am a little dense.  Please connect the dots for me.

The Boar War

Quote from: El Supremo on January 03, 2008, 09:44:03 pm

Porkatarian,  I am a little dense.  Please connect the dots for me.

I can't speak for Porkatarian but what I was saying is that Houston got behind on his work there in Oxford and chose an easy way out i.e. take recruiting info from Fayetteville making it more difficult on us.  Thats what Houston always does.  Whenever something gets hard or a little tough he does one of two things. 1) he blames someone else; or 2) he does something unethical to make it easier on himself.

Its a character flaw that will repeat itself over and over again because Houston is not a strong willed individual.

SpiritHog

PorkSoda

So will the university sue HDN to get them back? You would think there would be anti espionage rules in the NCAA.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

seb2000

All I can say is that if this is indeed true (which unfortunately we will never know...and then John White will just spin and weave a web of BS around it anyway), then it should be handled as theft, plain and simple.  What do you do when you fire someone...?  You DO NOT let them take company property with them.  Plain and simple.  It is theft.

PorkSoda

I wonder if Herring was the one.  HDN was gone long before the tapes were, But Herring just got canned.  Funny he was been too busy with "administrative" duties to help with bowl preparations.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MJ2

This tape issue makes no sense.

Petrino will have all the info he needs from readily available info on Rivals, from Otis and his type, and from the prospective athletes and parents.

Here's a new concept- contact all the HS coaches in the state and ask them to send tape, info, etc about any athlete they think deserves a scholarship.  You'd be inundated w/info.

I don't think Bobby needs to base his opinion on HDN's assessment of an athlete.  He knows who will fit best in his system.

COCHISE

Quote from: MJ2 on January 04, 2008, 08:16:12 am
This tape issue makes no sense.

Petrino will have all the info he needs from readily available info on Rivals, from Otis and his type, and from the prospective athletes and parents.

Here's a new concept- contact all the HS coaches in the state and ask them to send tape, info, etc about any athlete they think deserves a scholarship.  You'd be inundated w/info.

I don't think Bobby needs to base his opinion on HDN's assessment of an athlete.  He knows who will fit best in his system.
"He knows who will best fit in his system."  How?? If he has no tape of the players he don't know who would best fit his system.  And yes, he can request more footage which is what he is doing right now, but it could take days to get the tapes he wants and NSD is coming up next month.  Doesn't leave much time.  This is a significant setback for a coach who only has 3 or 4 weeks to evaluate kids and decide who he would like to have on his team.

SpiritHog

My understanding of BP is that he is a master of spotting talent on tape.

wildturkey8

Aren't those tapes property of the University of Arkansas?  This sounds like theft. ??? :razorback:

jim hog

Come on over to the hogs recruits and be a part of a positive football surge.

hawgwash

This was low class and petty, but I also think we're making too big of a deal of it.  Aren't most of these "tapes" actually in digital format, like what we watch on the "internets"?  If so, all it means is contacting the high school coaches, which I think is allowed even in the dead period, and asking them to email an additional copy.  Also a chance to point out why we need another copy, just in case any high school coaches are interested in character issues.  I think that's far more valuable than any kind of legal action.  I think this is the last year we'll really have to compete heavily with Nutt on recruiting, at least of Arkansas kids.

jgphillips3

It's petty, but if coaches who are now Ole Miss coaches took the tapes, that would be theft of property from the former employer.  They won't ever be prosecuted, just like the guy that takes his desk stapler when he leaves a job isn't, but they still unlawfully took or destroyed property that did not belong to them.  That said, in this age of digital information, it will be a lot easier to overcome than back in the day.

josh_sec33

Pretty classless.

Wait, this is the MSM we are talking about.

Classless is their middle name.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

SpiritHog

Quote from: hawgwash on January 06, 2008, 12:25:45 pm
This was low class and petty, but I also think we're making too big of a deal of it.  Aren't most of these "tapes" actually in digital format, like what we watch on the "internets"?  If so, all it means is contacting the high school coaches, which I think is allowed even in the dead period, and asking them to email an additional copy.  Also a chance to point out why we need another copy, just in case any high school coaches are interested in character issues.  I think that's far more valuable than any kind of legal action.  I think this is the last year we'll really have to compete heavily with Nutt on recruiting, at least of Arkansas kids.

Most of those tapes are too big to email.  They eat up too much band width.  Better to ask for a PO from FedEx. 

hawgwash

Fair enough.  So $15 or so and 24 hours?  So still not a big deal in the real world.

blake

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 06, 2008, 12:30:45 pm
It's petty, but if coaches who are now Ole Miss coaches took the tapes, that would be theft of property from the former employer.  They won't ever be prosecuted, just like the guy that takes his desk stapler when he leaves a job isn't, but they still unlawfully took or destroyed property that did not belong to them.  That said, in this age of digital information, it will be a lot easier to overcome than back in the day.
I agree.