Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hate the dog house inconsistencies

Started by Rbill, February 01, 2018, 09:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbill

I just wanted to point out that I hate how inconsistent our dog house is. It's very frustrating that some guys get free pass to be awful, some guys get sent messages by coming off the bench, and some guys get completely forgotten, literally, like the time Mike said he forgot about Cook on the bench. Some guys get a short leash and are benched for the rest of the game if they don't score in the 2 minutes they play, then don't play at all for several games, and seniors get undying devotion because of their age I suppose. It's very confusing to me and must be confusing to the players. I want a much more straightforward, consistent, and fair dog house.

hobhog

Bailey started a game and was pulled after 3 minutes and never saw the court again. That really has to hurt your confidence and probably a little embarrassed. Weird.

Rbill

Quote from: hobhog on February 02, 2018, 01:20:08 pm
Bailey started a game and was pulled after 3 minutes and never saw the court again. That really has to hurt your confidence and probably a little embarrassed. Weird.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Some guys are yanked for missing a shot and forgotten about for the rest of the game while others get to miss as much as they want. If we're going to bench people for lack of production we should be consistent, but then we wouldn't have any players, so why are we being choosy? Why not just use our depth and keep energy and morale high?

Section B

Quote from: Rbill on February 02, 2018, 08:52:14 pm
Exactly what I'm talking about. Some guys are yanked for missing a shot and forgotten about for the rest of the game while others get to miss as much as they want. If we're going to bench people for lack of production we should be consistent, but then we wouldn't have any players, so why are we being choosy? Why not just use our depth and keep energy and morale high?

Because that would require actual coaching.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

Rbill

Winning solves everything. Even the grumpiness of players not playing as much as they think they should. I honestly worry about our rotation inconsistencies and doghouse inconsistencies hurting morale. You have to be fair to your players like you are with your kids or your students. You simply can't have a rule that missing a couple shots gets you benched for the rest of the game for just two of your players. Every one of our players can look incompetent, and they need to be evaluated equally and benched for poor production consistently. We need to constantly cycle guys in looking for who really wants to play.

Instead we forget about guys on the bench and leave guys on the court too long and do things like trot out the starters for the beginning of the second half because they're the starters even though 2 of them are sucking tonight.

hobhog

Adrio Bailey to play today in home state per MA. Didn't see floor last game. Makes perfect sense.