Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, February 05, 2016, 07:37:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Zach* Berry@Zach_Berry
·
@OMSpiritOn3's Ole Miss National Signing Day HQ is right here. Keep this page locked, loaded and refreshed all day for the latest signings, news and intel https://on3.com/teams/ole-miss-rebels/news/ole-miss-football-recruiting-2023-early-signing-day-headquarters-lane-kiffin-signed-committed-flip-szn-december-enrollee-january

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

OMSpiritOn3@OMSpiritOn3
·
1h
The No. 1 player in the Sip is in (@suntarine)

(Is he the silent commit? Does he have a secret?)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

December 21, 2022, 02:01:13 pm #202 Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 09:41:04 am by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson
I expect them to add some real fire power in the portal, but who knows.
Let's make some waves.

jbcarol

Walker Howard, LSU transfer QB, reportedly visiting SEC program
Crissy Froyd | 2 hours ago

QuoteLSU transfer quarterback Walker Howard is reportedly visiting with the Ole Miss Rebels, according to Chris Hummer of 247Sports.

Howard just hit the transfer portal today and it appears that he's quickly picking up a lot of interest —

jbcarol

On3
@On3sports
·
2h
🚨BREAKING🚨 Former North Texas CB DeShawn Gaddie has committed to Ole Miss.

More: https://on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/ole-miss-lands-commitment-from-north-texas-cb-deshawn-gaddie

jbcarol

On3
@On3sports
·
24m
🚨NEW🚨 Former Louisville LB Monty Montgomery has committed to Ole Miss.

He is currently ranked the No. 2 LB in the transfer portal.

Story: https://on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/former-louisville-linebacker-monty-montgomery-commits-to-ole-miss

jbcarol

On3@On3sports
·
1h
🚨NEW🚨Georgia Tech transfer CB Zamari Walton has committed to Ole Miss, per @OMSpiritOn3.

More: https://on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/former-georgia-tech-cornerback-zamari-walton-commits-to-ole-miss

jbcarol

jbcarol

Pahokee '23 6-3 230 Edge DeeJay Holmes submitted a NLI to Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss.

Holmes is one of 15 signed to the Ole Miss Class o' '23, none of which is an early enrollee and is currently ranked 27th.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin's '23 class ranked 27th with 15 signed LOIs and no early enrollees for the self-proclaimed King of the Transfer Portal.

Kiffin's transfer class includes QBs Spencer Sanders from OSU and Walker Howard from LSU.

Quote from: jbcarol on February 02, 2023, 11:43:40 amLane Kiffin's '23 class ranked 27th with 15 signed LOIs and no early enrollees for the self-proclaimed King of the Transfer Portal.

Kiffin's transfer class includes QBs Spencer Sanders from OSU and Walker Howard from LSU.

I like their class for what their needs were.  I think he may add a few more in May
Let's make some waves.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

@knoxKiffinQB⁩ ⁦⁦Trained by ⁦@3dqb_SoCal He says his top 5 are⁩ ⁦⁦@oregonfootball ⁦@GatorsFB⁩ ⁦@GeorgiaFootball ⁦@TexasFootball @OleMissFB⁩ 🏈☄️

jbcarol

(Jackson) Callaway '24 .8593 WR Jeremy Scott gave a verbal to Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss.

Scott's the 106th ranked WR in the too early '24 rankings.

The 3rd hard commit in Kiffin's '24 class joining Fat Clark and now ranked 27th.

jbcarol

Picayune Memorial '24 5-9 RB Chris Davis gave a verbal to Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss.

On that subscription-driving border between 3- and 4-star (thus he will be labeled a 5-star), Davis is the 4th hard commit in the Ole Miss '24 class, now way-too-early ranked 24th.

He is one of the top 40 RBs in the early rankings.

Lane Kiffin Retweeted
Zach* Berry@Zach_Berry
·
15h
Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss added a big-time commit on Thursday. Three-star Picayune Memorial (Miss.) RB Chris Davis announced his pledge after a quick visit to Oxford. Now he turns his attention to "getting this 2024 class right".

@OMSpiritOn3 has more here
https://on3.com/teams/ole-miss-rebels/news/ole-miss-football-recruiting-2024-chris-davis-picayune-memorial-kevin-smith-lane-kiffin-running-back-quinshon-judkins-commit

jbcarol

Jeffery Rush Jr., DL from Mississippi, announces SEC commitment

Jeffery (ⱤɄ₴ⱧⱧØɄⱤ) Rush Jr .

QuoteClass of 2024 standout prospect is the No. 9 defensive lineman in the nation, the 61 overall prospect in the nation and the No. 3 overall prospect in the state of Mississippi.

Rebels head coach Lane Kiffin took to Twitter with a hilarious big fish gif.

Quote from: jbcarol on March 25, 2023, 09:40:33 pmJeffery Rush Jr., DL from Mississippi, announces SEC commitment

Jeffery (ⱤɄ₴ⱧⱧØɄⱤ) Rush Jr .

Looks like Lane is off to a hot start for 2024.  I think the commitment from the QB from Arizona made them lose out on other possible QB's in this class including possibly Walker White. I'm not sure Desmond Williams ever sees the field at QB unless he does some serious growing weight wise unless he has a Bryce Young type arm and brain.
Let's make some waves.

jbcarol

Ole Miss lands commitment from in-state JUCO linebacker
Derek Peterson | 1 MINUTE AGO

QuoteJust 2 days after landing 4-star defensive lineman Jeffery Rush out of Pascagoula, the Rebels have hit on another in-state prospect for the defensive side of the ball.

Jones College linebacker Raymond Collins announced his commitment to Ole Miss on Monday.

Defensive coordinator Pete Golding is trusting his own eyes here, with Ole Miss being the first to offer the 6-foot-2, 235-pound 'backer.

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz
@mzenitz
·
3h
Updates on two remaining free agents, plus notes on Ole Miss portal following latest transfer portal addition https://on3.com/transfer-portal/news/updates-on-two-remaining-free-agents-plus-notes-on-ole-miss-portal-following-latest-transfer-portal-addition

jbcarol

jbcarol

New Orleans JFK '24 CB Bernard Causey gave a verbal to Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss.

Causey's the 13th hard commit in the Rebel '24 class now ranked 21st

jbcarol

jbcarol

Rebels lost a commitment from 4-star quarterback Demond Williams

He'd been committed to Ole Miss since December of 2022

Spenser Davis | 1 MINUTE AGO

QuoteWilliams was the top-ranked offensive commit in Ole Miss' class. He was also a standout at the Elite 11 Finals earlier this summer.

The Arizona quarterback currently holds a total of 27 offers including Arkansas, Washington, UCLA, and Arizona.

Ole Miss will now head back to the drawing board in the class of 2024.

With is decommitment, Ole Miss' class dropped 6 spots nationally to No. 29.

Quote from: jbcarol on July 07, 2023, 06:43:05 pmRebels lost a commitment from 4-star quarterback Demond Williams

He'd been committed to Ole Miss since December of 2022

Spenser Davis | 1 MINUTE AGO

This one doesn't surprise me at all. I was kinda disappointed they had him committed.  I think it hurt Kiffin's chances with Walker White, and I didn't see Demond Williams ever seeing the field at Ole Miss in the QB role.  When the signed the guy a month or so ago the reclassified to the 2023 class I believe Williams realized he would likely never win the job.  The new commit is a bigger, faster, more accurate version with enough credits to graduate HS early by a lot if memory serves.
Let's make some waves.

jbcarol

First and 10: Ask and you shall receive

Matt Hayes | 1 MINUTE AGO

I'm trying to figure out why Lane Kiffin jumped in late and signed Austin Simmons. Is it possible he signed Simmons to block Florida from getting him? Is it that petty?

QuoteHe signed Simmons because he thinks Simmons can help him win games this season and beyond. Period.

The quarterback room already is full. Jaxson Dart played well in the spring, and Spencer Sanders did, too — when healthy. Those 2 will more than likely get a majority of the game repetitions.

Walker Howard, the 5-star transfer from LSU, was 3rd in the spring competition. Now here comes Simmons, a rare dual-threat athlete who could have a handful of plays designed specifically for him in each game this season.

If Dart plays well this season, he could leave for the NFL. This is also Sanders' last season of college football.

That leaves Howard and Simmons — and whoever else Kiffin adds to the room —

jbcarol

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jbcarol

Desert Mountain '24 TE Dillon Hipp gave a verbal to Lane and UM.

#15 player in Arizona's just on the right side of the Top 1000 players in the '24.

Hipp's in the upper division of 19 hard commits in the Kiffin Class o' '24 now ranked 27th

jbcarol

2024 CB Bernard Causey decommits from Ole Miss

QuoteNew Orleans John F. Kennedy three-star cornerback Bernard Causey has decommitted from Ole Miss.

He was pledged to the Rebels since June 21 and recently received an offer from the LSU Tigers.

Causey is the No. 1003 overall prospect and No. 103 CB in the 2024 cycle.

"Beyond grateful for the opportunity to be offered a scholarship to ole miss but at this time I will be decommitting to open up my options," Causey wrote. "I want to thank the team, the coaches, and the fans for all the love I was shown, Ole Miss will still be an option."

Causey does not currently have an On3 NIL Valuation.

Is LSU pursuing Causey's pledge :hmmm:

jbcarol

jbcarol

Homer '24 Safety Katrevrick Banks gave a verbal to Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss.

Banks is the 23rd hard commit in the Rebels' '24 class now ranked 21st.

jbcarol

QB Trever Jackson decommits from Ole Miss

Hayes Fawcett

QuoteTrever Jackson of Winter Garden (FL) Jones High announced his decommitment from Ole Miss Sunday afternoon.

The 6-foot-3, 190 pounder had been committed to the Rebels since August.

Jackson sent a statement to On3 regarding his decommitment:

After a discussion with my parents and coaches, I have made the difficult decision to decommit from the  University of Mississippi. 

While I am grateful to Coach Lane and the entire staff  for the opportunity,  I have determined it is best for my future to reopen my recruitment at this time.

"Godspeed"

-Trever Jackson
Trever Jackson Recruiting Profile

Let's make some waves.

jbcarol

JuCo WR Neon Deion Smith commits to Ole Miss

QuoteHolmes (Miss.) Community College four-star wide receiver Deion Smith has committed to Ole Miss, he announced.

Done Deal🔵🦅

jbcarol

Ole Miss lands transfer commitment from former Illinois DB Tahveon Nicholson

QuoteOle Miss Rebels have landed a transfer commitment from former Illinois Fighting Illini defensive back Tahveon Nicholson, he announced on X, formerly known as Twitter.

"10000%COMMITTED. LOCK THE VAULT. ... LETS DO IT @OleMissFB !!!! #HOTTYTODDY," wrote Nicholson.

Going pro in something other than STEM

jbcarol

Ole Miss lands transfer commitment from Indiana defensive back Louis Moore

By Chandler Vessels

QuoteFormer Indiana defensive back Louis Moore will transfer to play for Ole Miss in 2024, he announced Monday via Twitter. This will be the second transfer for Moore as he originally began his career at Navarro Community College in Corsicana, Texas.

Moore transferred to player for the Hoosiers in 2022 after spending the first two years at the JUCO level. He played both receiver and safety at Navarro before settling on solely defense at Indiana.

jbcarol

Ole Miss commit, 4-star JUCO CB, shuts it down after recent SEC visit

After taking a look around, Cedrick Beavers has reaffirmed his commitment to Ole Miss

Andrew Olson | 32 minutes ago

I'm Staying home 🦈❤️💙

QuoteBeavers verbally pledged to Lane Kiffin in August.

This past weekend, he took an official visit to Arkansas and was offered a scholarship to play for Sam Pittman's program.

Out of Jones College, Beavers is rated 4-stars and No. 4 overall JUCO prospect.

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin

Another great WR joining us in the Sip! Welcome @NoreelWhite_ #StayInTheSip

jbcarol

Hayes Fawcett@Hayesfawcett3

BREAKING: Former Texas A&M DL Walter Nolen has Committed to Ole Miss, he tells
@on3sports

The 6'5 300 DL is ranked as the No. 1 Player in the Transfer Portal & was the No. 1 Recruit in the '22 Class 👀

Will have 2 years of eligibility remaining

https://on3.com/news/walter-nolen-ole-miss-lands-dt

Quote from: jbcarol on December 24, 2023, 01:55:47 pmHayes Fawcett@Hayesfawcett3

BREAKING: Former Texas A&M DL Walter Nolen has Committed to Ole Miss, he tells
@on3sports

The 6'5 300 DL is ranked as the No. 1 Player in the Transfer Portal & was the No. 1 Recruit in the '22 Class 👀

Will have 2 years of eligibility remaining

https://on3.com/news/walter-nolen-ole-miss-lands-dt

Kiffin is killing it In the portal.
Let's make some waves.

jbcarol

Former South Alabama Safety Yam Banks commits to Ole Miss

by:
Hayes Fawcett

QuoteFormer South Alabama Safety Yam Banks has committed to Ole Miss, he tells On3.

The 6-foot-1, 208 pounder will have 1 year of eligibility remaining.

In his time at South Alabama, he totaled 146 tackles, 3 Forced Fumbles, 7 INTs, & 2.5 Sacks.

jbcarol

Former Virginia Tech TE Dae'Quan Wright commits to Ole Miss

by:
Nick Kosko

QuoteWright played in 19 total games over the last two years for the Hokies. He finished his time in Blacksburg with 47 catches, 574 yards and 12.2 yards per catch. He did not score a touchdown.

As a member of the Class of 2022, Wright was a three-star recruit out of Perry (Ga.)

Blue-Chip

January 16, 2024, 09:20:36 pm #241 Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 06:29:49 am by Blue-Chip
OXFORD — There have been some noteworthy defections from Ole Miss football's transfer portal class this offseason. On Tuesday, Tyler Baron delivered the biggest blow so far.  The Tennessee transfer edge rusher, having committed to play for the Rebels on Dec. 16, announced on social media that he's instead transferring to Louisville.

https://www.aol.com/ole-miss-football-lane-kiffin-001254324.html

jbcarol

Latest on Arizona State transfer DL B.J. Green

by:
Pete Nakos

QuoteB.J. Green did not make it to Washington this weekend, calling off the trip to Seattle, a source tells On3.

The Arizona State transfer committed to the Huskies in December, well before they played in the College Football Playoff. But with Kalen DeBoer leaving for the Alabama job, Green decided to reassess his decision and reopen his recruitment.

With one year of eligibility left, he can play immediately wherever he lands. Green visited Ole Miss last weekend

jbcarol

Former Mississippi State transfer WR Jarnorris Hopson commits to Ole Miss
by: Grant Grubbs

QuoteFormer Northwest Mississippi C.C. wide receiver Jarnorris Hopson has committed to Ole Miss, via the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Hopson walked on at Mississippi State in 2022 and played in one game. After the season concluded, he chose to transfer to Northwest Mississippi C.C. in Senatobia.

Prior to his college career, he prepped at Horn Lake (Miss.) where he played football and ran track.

"I met the new wide receivers coach, coach (George) McDonald, saw the whole football side of the program," Hopson told OMSpirit. "I also got to experience what a basketball game is like at Ole Miss."

More Ole Miss' offseason growth
Hopson is only the latest player head coach Lane Kiffin has reeled in through the transfer portal. Ole Miss has add 18 players in the portal, earning the No. 2 spot...

jbcarol

jbcarol

Daphne '25 EDGE Talib Graham gave a verbal to Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss Rebels.

On the EDGE of three- and four-star, Graham is Kiffin's 4th hard commit.

jbcarol

Indiana transfer RB Trent Howland to visit Ole Miss

by: Wade Peery

QuoteFormer Indiana tailback Trent Howland, the Hoosiers' leading rusher, will visit Oxford on Monday. He also has a number of other visits lined up, Duke, UCF, and Oklahoma State.

That news was relayed by his reps, Kyle Logan and Marlon Lindsey from Code Sports Group.

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz
@mzenitz
Ole Miss has landed a commitment from former New Mexico standout running back Jacory Croskey-Merritt.

He ran for 1,190 yards and ranked fifth nationally with 17 touchdown runs last season. Had been committed to Arizona but is instead now headed to Oxford.

https://247sports.com/player/jacory-croskey-merritt-46058685