Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

broderick

Started by #1 STUNNA, November 15, 2006, 09:57:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

just seen this on brian cushins facebook wall from broderick green

wasup dog what you been up to i see you been ballin on em keep up the good work i'm so ready to come to cali you dont know

cubbie

If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

Hawgballz

Quote from: cubbie on November 15, 2006, 10:08:54 am
What?

Basically it is a message from Broderick to Brian saying that he is looking forward to getting to California.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

#1 STUNNA

cubbie

Ok, tell him to have fun, that place sux

HedgeDweller

If he wants to leave the state, let him go...  We will be fine at RB.
If he wants to stay, would welcome him and love to have him as a Hog.

cubbie

Can someone answer me this. I have been to LA a couple of times. I have seen USC play a game there and was not impressed with the stadium. It's a big city with lots of things going on, but it is also a very dangerous place. So What is the draw for young kids to go there and play football.

#1 STUNNA

probably winning games and national championships

cubbie

Do you guys think they will ever investigate USC for the whole Bush Deal. I don't think they will because they are basically the only team on the west coast worth talking about and they need something to talk about in that market.

Hogstocking

Broderick has a official visit with USC on 11/24

311Hog

Cubbie,

The answer is absolutely not, and not ever.  The money makers want USC to be in the spotlight so badly, because LA is the largest sports market in the US, and they dont have a pro team anymore so the college game gets to soak up all that money.

cubbie

Quote from: 311Hog on November 15, 2006, 11:01:44 am
Cubbie,

The answer is absolutely not, and not ever.  The money makers want USC to be in the spotlight so badly, because LA is the largest sports market in the US, and they dont have a pro team anymore so the college game gets to soak up all that money.

It just makes me so mad, because it is obvious that they cheated.  It might not have helped get the kids there, but dang we have a guy at a trucking company over pay a couple of kids and not alot and it puts are program on a decline for 5 years.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on November 15, 2006, 11:00:42 am

Yea, I assumed he was talking about getting there for his visit, because it is still s long time before he starts college.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HoopHog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on November 15, 2006, 12:01:18 pm
Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on November 15, 2006, 11:00:42 am

Yea, I assumed he was talking about getting there for his visit, because it is still s long time before he starts college.

This is the legendary USC v. Notre Dame weekend.  I have a ticket for the gmae too, but not sure if I am going to be able to swing it now.  My Irish are going to get smacked down by the Trojans anyway.  Hopefully, USC will do like they have done much of this year and use multiple backs and make Broderick realize that he will probably get moverd over to fullback at SC too (which has been mentioned, should he come to Arkansas).

PORK CHOP

Quote from: cubbie on November 15, 2006, 10:23:06 am
Can someone answer me this. I have been to LA a couple of times. I have seen USC play a game there and was not impressed with the stadium. It's a big city with lots of things going on, but it is also a very dangerous place. So What is the draw for young kids to go there and play football.
[/quoti
i grew up in so cal so let me see if i can help you on this one.
1. the girls
2.celebreties
3. the girls
4.tradition/national championships/7 heismans
5.the girls
6.location  location  location  you can get to the beach or the mountains or the desert from anywhere in LA in about an hour.you can surf in the morning and ski in the afternoon.tiajuana is about 2hrs away and they don't card down there.
7. the girls
8.the night life
9.the girls
10.stuff to do  Disneyland,knotts berry farm,six flags,hollywood,westwood, etc  etc etc......
the weather is kinda nice too.other than that its a horrible place to get a free education.i could go on and on and on but you get the idea.
did i mention the girls

VenturaHog

snoop dogg and will feral among others are constant figures at trojans practices and games, not a lot of teams can make such claims. The campus is in a scetchy area, UCLA is much much nicer IMO. gotta agree with pork chop, its kind of hard to put down southern california, its pretty incredible.

cubbie

Quote from: PORK CHOP on November 16, 2006, 01:40:17 am
[/quoti
i grew up in so cal so let me see if i can help you on this one.
1. the girls
2.celebreties
3. the girls
4.tradition/national championships/7 heismans
5.the girls
6.location  location  location  you can get to the beach or the mountains or the desert from anywhere in LA in about an hour.you can surf in the morning and ski in the afternoon.tiajuana is about 2hrs away and they don't card down there.
7. the girls
8.the night life
9.the girls
10.stuff to do  Disneyland,knotts berry farm,six flags,hollywood,westwood, etc  etc etc......
the weather is kinda nice too.other than that its a horrible place to get a free education.i could go on and on and on but you get the idea.
did i mention the girls

I Gusse i just dont like that big city thing. Just to many people for me. Also the southern girls look hotter than South Cal. southern girls are nicer than South Cal. girls, but there are more girls over there on the left coast. And they elected the terminator as govern.

Hollywood_HOGan

If it were up to me I'd go for JOe McKnight or Michael Harris before Green.

cubbie

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on November 16, 2006, 10:27:26 am

Me to, we need speed not another fullback.

nychog

Agree 100%.

The_Bionic_Pig

Joe McKnight is the other Southern Cal target oddly enough. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mbgrulz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 16, 2006, 11:49:11 am
joe mcknight surely doesnt want to go play in the shadow of marc tyler does he? he could come to the UA and have 3 years of the spotlight.

i too, would take harris and mcknight over BG. i just cant help but question BG's speed. if he wants to come, give him a full ride, but if not, lets focus our efforts on the speedier guys.

Buck Ocean

oddly enough, but with a season like we're having I consider it foolish and obserd to keep going after these 2 stars that are being courted by Middle Tennessee State and Old Dominion.

WE must set our goals higher on our instate and out of state recruits.
Think like a Jedi

thahawg

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 16, 2006, 12:11:52 pm
joe mcknight surely doesnt want to go play in the shadow of marc tyler does he? he could come to the UA and have 3 years of the spotlight.

i too, would take harris and mcknight over BG. i just cant help but question BG's speed. if he wants to come, give him a full ride, but if not, lets focus our efforts on the speedier guys.

I don't McKight is going to be in anyones shadow.

mbgrulz

Quote from: thahawg on November 16, 2006, 05:08:06 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on November 16, 2006, 12:11:52 pm

I don't McKight is going to be in anyones shadow.
well, USC can only have so many 5* RB's before some of those guys are going to start going elsewhere to get PT.

LunaticRed

Look he is looking forward to a visit if he likes it he likes it.You can't win them all over besides we have biger fish on the hook 8)

dcrain

Yes but the greedy bastards are going to McKnight and Green.

gopigsgo

How do you think the Georgia's,LSU's, Fla.'s, of the world do it. Maybe with enough recognition this year, we can get like them with recruiting.These guys just pile 'em up and redshirt them and pull them out as they need them. Looks like we are almost at that point now.Don't say that we can't get the players cause we are in the recruiting hotbed of America and the SEC to boot. We may have finally turned the corner. Only time will tell;ie, I'm not proclaiming dynasty, I'm just saying that you have to start somewhere and maybe that's where we are at, a great start!

cpohog

High school tailback with SEC fullback speed. Seems I remember a STUD high school linebacker with SEC defensive end speed but he was set on playing linebacker and did not want to play DE. Our coaches were honest and told him he would probably be better suited for DE. LSU told him what he wanted to hear, you can come here and play LB. The young high school STUD LB signed with LSU redshirted and 1 year later came back home. Seems his name was Matt Stoltz, where is he now? I am not comparing the individuals, but the situations. Sometimes these young men, are a little selfish and would rather follow their own desires and not the desires of the team. Let him go, he would never be happy coming here and riding the pine behind Dmac, Felix, Smith and hopefully Barnett. Let him go to So cal and be unhappy.   

DT

If you are a 4 star LB, and projected as a LB by all the recruiting gurus, can you blame a guy for wanting to play LB?

BG is a different style back. He is a bruiser, not a burner. He can catch and do a lot of things out of the backfield. You cannot call a kid selfish for wanting to play the same position he is so good at.

cpohog

Good in high school does not translate into good in college especially at the D-1 level where the speed of the game is much faster. Bruiser 4.6 probably 4.7 = fullback in the SEC. Need more proof, Peyton Hillis, not necessarily a bruiser, but great high school tail back. He does not possess breakaway speed and is better suited for the fullback or Hback position. I enjoy hearing a recruit say, I don't care where I play as long as I get a chance to prove I can play, you may not agree with the selfish part but it is the unselfish attitude of say a Hewitt that helps a team out tremendously.

DT

Hillis wasn't a TB in high school. He blocked for Kevin Wardlow.

Green has been a TB his whole life. He is not used to being a lead blocker, so I can't blame him for thinking he'd contribute more at TB than he would at FB.

cpohog

Come to think of it you are correct Hillis did block for Wardlow and with Hillis leaving, be it this year or next, BG could contribute on goal line and short yardage situations. 

hog caller

lets look for wide recievers or track sprinters to play football and make the running backs the holes are so big in the offence i could run through them. er, walk not run anymore.