Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 14 THREAD: #5 Arkansas Razorbacks (10-3, 0-0 SEC) vs Kent State (6-4, MAC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 09, 2018, 05:50:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thebignasty

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 09, 2018, 07:11:52 pm
I think one of the games had the first couple of innings not available for a live stream on WatchESPN.

Was not on tunein either for a bit.

Wisco Pig

tennesseehogwild

From watching the SEC hoops tourney, one thing I am certain of........Molly McGrath is freakin smoking hot! Go Hogs!

Wisco Pig

Elsen, the DH, walked his first time up.   He opens the 4th with a base hit to left.

Razorbacks#1

4                        Top 4th                 1

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
KS                  3 | 0 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  4  | 0  | 3   
Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 2  | 0   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

HBTHogs

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 09, 2018, 07:10:45 pm
They knew yesterday it was a double header. They weren't caught off guard. If there is a replay available, they have a way to broadcast it. It's maddening.

Yeah, they obviously screwed up.  Doesn't sound like they plan on fixing it though.  Go to WatchESPN, hit the "contact us" button and you'll get a chat box.  Give them hell.  :)

Wisco Pig

SPAL

I appreciate you guys bringing the pbp tonight. It's a tough night with other things going on. Y'all are awesome

TebowHater

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 09, 2018, 07:10:44 pm
I don't know what eveyone is talking about.  I watched all 3 games last weekend on the app.

They got it working by the 3rd or 4th inning.

Wisco Pig

Hollander, the SS, runs the count to 2-2 and then lines out to Fletcher.   The runner holds at 2nd.  One out.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Wisco Pig

Back to the top of the order and Carew.   He gets ahead 2-1 and then 3-1 before Campbell runs the count full.  On the 3-2 pitch, Carew strikes out swinging.

Two out, man on 2nd.

Wisco Pig

Mamarella lines one to the gap in right.   Kent State leads, 5-1.

Wisco Pig

UAGolfer1981

tennesseehogwild

This kid can hit. Might consider walking him if that situation comes up again.

Wisco Pig

If the stat feed is correct, and I believe it is, only one of Campbell's five runs was earned.  The runner at 2nd is Campbell's, of course.

Wisco Pig

ThisTeetsTaken

Wisco Pig

Kanavas strikes out swinging at an 0-2 pitch.

After 3 1/2, Kent St. leads, 5-1.

Razorbacks#1

5                        Bot 4th                 1

KS                  3 | 0 | 1 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  5  |  5  | 0  | 4   
Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 2  | 0   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

To begin the Hogs' rally in the 4th:

2 Cole, .391
3 Martin, .400
4 Bonfield, .333

Pudgepork

TebowHater

Wisco Pig

TebowHater

Wisco Pig

Martin (.400) runs the count full, fouls off a few more, and then walks.

Cole moves to second.  No outs.

Wisco Pig

TebowHater

Great job Luke! Need a hit by HK here.

The difference in averages between our first 5 hitters and final four is unbelievable. Over 150 points lower on average

Wisco Pig

Martin advances to 3rd on the hit.

Kjerstad bats with men on 1st and 3rd.

EconHawg

We're never out of a game with this lineup.

C'mon guys lets keep the bats going!

EDIT: FIX MY GAME STREAM ESPN!

Wisco Pig

Kjerstad hits a slow roller to 2B, scoring Martin and advancing Bonfield to 2nd.

5-3, Kent St.

SPAL

Wisco Pig

That's all for Wollersheim, the Kent St. starter.   The new pitcher, Havekost, inherits a man on 2nd and one out.

SPAL

ThisTeetsTaken

thebignasty

Between Wollerscheim, Havekost, and Kjerstad,  we have a serious name competition going.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Shaddy (.282) is next.  He falls behind in the count, 1-2, evens it at 2, and then strikes out swinging.

Two outs.

Wisco Pig

Fletcher, who struck out looking his first time up, runs the count to 2-2 and then strikes out swinging.

Arkansas strands a runner and trails after 4 innings, 5 to 3.

TebowHater

Quote from: TebowHater on March 09, 2018, 07:34:20 pm
The difference in averages between our first 5 hitters and final four is unbelievable. Over 150 points lower on average

Straight strike outs after the 5 hole there.

Wisco Pig

In the Kent St. 5th:

4 Parks, .294
5 Dalporto, .282
6 Hamilton, .410

Razorbacks#1

5                        Top 5th                 3

KS                  3 | 0 | 1 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  5  |  5  | 0  | 4   
Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 | 2 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  3  |  3  | 2  | 1   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Parks pops out on a 2-1 pitch.   The Kent St. coach is claiming that Martin was out of play when he caught the ball.

Wisco Pig

After the foul out, Dalporto bats.   He grounds out to Biggers, 6-3.

Two outs.

Pudgepork

tennesseehogwild

I like bringing in Reindl early here. Hopefully he keeps them on 5 while we get it it going.

Wisco Pig

Hamilton, now batting .410 with 2 singles and 2 RBI in Game 2, runs the count full against Reindl and then strikes out swinging.

A 1-2-3 inning.   After 4 1/2, it's 5-3, Kent State.

Razorbacks#1

5                        Bot 5th                 3

KS                  3 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  5  |  5  | 0  | 4   
Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 | 2 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  3  |  3  | 2  | 1   

THUNDER!