Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 12 thread: #5 Arkansas (8-3, 0-0 SEC) vs. USC (8-2, 0-0 PAC12)

Started by JHicks3636, March 03, 2018, 06:47:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

Biggers...count 1 - 1...count 1 - 2...count 2 - 2...full count...BB
Man on 1st    0 outs    Cole to the plate
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

JHicks3636

Pudgepork

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 04, 2018, 11:40:19 am
I expect an apology from everyone who got mad at me for suggesting we bench Dom for Lee.

Are you jerry Jones?   Only Hog in Dallas with nuff pull to pull that off

Hawgphish

Great at bat from our leadoff!  Few runs early would be nice.

PoconoHog

Cole...count 1 - 1...base hit to RF...
Men on 1st and 2nd    0 outs     Kjerstad to the plate
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

ucahogfan

Kyle Hurt was the 78th ranked prospect for the 2017 draft according to MLB.com.  One of the highest rated players to make it to campus out of the 2017 class.  Could be a 1st round pick next year as he will be a DE Sophomore.

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

SPAL

PoconoHog

Kjerstad...not bunting...count 0 - 1...count 0 - 2...fouls several pitches...K's swinging
1 out    2 men on base     Bonfield to the plate

Hawgphish

What a great pick up kjerstad has been.  Was he a sleeper or did we expect this?

AHiD

Quote from: Pudgepork on March 04, 2018, 12:48:23 pm
Are you jerry Jones?   Only Hog in Dallas with nuff pull to pull that off

Yeah, and ricepig is Jim Lindsey.
My name...is Jerruh

Maddhog

SPAL

ucahogfan

Quote from: Hawgphish on March 04, 2018, 12:53:28 pm
What a great pick up kjerstad has been.  Was he a sleeper or did we expect this?
When he committed, he was 5-11, 160 and DVH expected him to be more of a leadoff hitter.  He was 6-3, 195 when he stepped on campus this fall.

Pudgepork

It was expected

ThisTeetsTaken

We were very fortunate to get him on campus.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

PoconoHog

Bonfiield...count 1 - 0...count 2 - 0...count 3 - 0...count 3 - 1...count 3 - 2...flies out to shallow CF
2 outs     2 on base     Lee to the plate

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

TebowHater

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 04, 2018, 12:57:15 pm
Time for it to pay off!

Lol it will be unreal if it does, since literally no one else can hit with RISP

ricepig

Pudgepork

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 04, 2018, 12:54:59 pm
When he committed, he was 5-11, 160 and DVH expected him to be more of a leadoff hitter.  He was 6-3, 195 when he stepped on campus this fall.

Same type of growth spurt we need from SJS, Jerry's grandson

PoconoHog

Lee...count 0 - 1...count 1 - 1...count 2 - 1...count 2 - 2...K's swinging to end the inning
Heading to top of 2nd
NO SCORE

Hogs wasted opportunity that inning!!!

JHicks3636

0                        2nd Inning                0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
USC               0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas      0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 2   

PoconoHog

4 Paulson
5 Acosta
6 O'Guinn

Due up for Trojans in top of 2nd

TebowHater

Maddhog

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

SPAL

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PoconoHog

AHiD

Quote from: TebowHater on March 04, 2018, 12:58:05 pm
Lol it will be unreal if it does, since literally no one else can hit with RISP

Smh my plan didn't work...but at least we're working counts
My name...is Jerruh

PoconoHog

Acosta...count 0 - 1...count 1 - 1...count 2 - 1...count 3 - 1...BB
Man on 1st    1 out

Knot2brite

Ok I haven't been able to watch many game this year due to work but what  are we struggling to hit? Is it breaking soft stuff or fastballs away/in?
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

TebowHater

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 04, 2018, 01:01:31 pm
Smh my plan didn't work...but at least we're working counts

Give it the whole game. Still more chances for Lee to contribute.

BroyledNutts

That strong wind blowing in is gonna be a factor in the outfield today - bonfield had to go a long way to catch that fly

Pudgepork

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2018, 12:58:16 pm
I am?

Yes.  Hid you in Stuttgart in the witness protection program.   They are hiding you from the fbi

TebowHater

PoconoHog

O'Guinn...count 0 - 1...base hit to RF
Men on 1st and 2nd    1 out

SPAL

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 04, 2018, 01:03:19 pm
Ok I haven't been able to watch many game this year due to work but what  are we struggling to hit? Is it breaking soft stuff or fastballs away/in?

Killing us with offspeed stuff.

BroyledNutts

It would appear the USC girls' softball team is in the visiting dugout today ...

JHicks3636

Maddhog

Quote from: TebowHater on March 04, 2018, 01:03:41 pm
Give it the whole game. Still more chances for Lee to contribute.

I just want somebody to contribute.

PoconoHog

Sabol...count 0 - 1...count 0 - 2...count 1 - 2...K's looking
2 outs    2 men on base 

PoconoHog

Dubb...count 0 - 1...count 0 - 2...K's swinging to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 2nd
NO SCORE

Knot2brite

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 04, 2018, 01:05:27 pm
Killing us with offspeed stuff.
We have seen that for years. Our last few hitting coaches have geared us up for the fastball and we struggle with the soft stuff. Got to get that changed before conference
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

PoconoHog

JHicks3636

0                        2nd Inning                0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
USC               0|  0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  2  | 0  | 2   
Arkansas      0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 2   

Maddhog

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 04, 2018, 01:09:44 pm
Dubb...count 0 - 1...count 0 - 2...K's swinging to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 2nd
NO SCORE

Good deal. 

Razrpig256

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 04, 2018, 01:05:30 pm
It would appear the USC girls' softball team is in the visiting dugout today ...

Not sure LSU even chirps this much.