Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 11 thread: #5 Arkansas (8-2,0-0 SEC) vs. USC (7-2,0-0 PAC 12)

Started by JHicks3636, March 03, 2018, 12:16:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rightdp

Quote from: thebignasty on March 03, 2018, 02:42:39 pm
Fletch's ceiling at the plate is much higher, if hes got to slump, this is the time of we can afford to let him swing out of it.

Plus, Fletch is a much better outfielder. 

I  worried it's way more than a slump. I'm guessing unless he changes his swing, he's going to have an awful year full of strikeouts and pop-ups. His swing has become long and "loopy". 

PoconoHog

I've really messed this inning up....

Man is on 2nd....2 outs
Sabol at the plate
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

UAGolfer1981

PoconoHog

Sabol....pops out to 3b to end the inning
Heading to botom of 3rd
No Score
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

SPAL

Quote from: thebignasty on March 03, 2018, 02:40:02 pm
lol

Lee is actually good.

My point is that everybody loves the guy and thinks he is some legend that's never really done much.

JHicks3636

0                                                               0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
USC               0 | 0 |  0  |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1 
Arkansas       0 |  0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 2   

PoconoHog

Sorry about screwing that inning up...

Got off track when I lost connection...and made a mess of things...

My Apologies

Tony Perkis

Do we travel to USC next year? Imagine they wouldn't have came if it wasn't a home and home.

PoconoHog

Martin, Biggers and Cole due up for Hogs in bottom of 3d

rljjr

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 03, 2018, 02:46:49 pm
I've really messed this inning up....

Hey, it's early in the season and there have been connection issues. It's all good. Pull yourself together. It's a long game. Just go out there and let it fly and have fun with it!

razCzar

Quote from: thebignasty on March 03, 2018, 02:08:20 pm
Got it working in internet explorer or all things, lol.  Thank you!
Finally got audio on IE.

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 03, 2018, 02:48:05 pm
My point is that everybody loves the guy and thinks he is some legend that's never really done much.
But spal, he draws walks better than anyone on the team and works the count.  He should be in the lineup every day.

PoconoHog

Martin...count 2 - 0..,.grounds out to SS
1 out    Biggers to the plate

Maddhog

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 03, 2018, 02:48:14 pm
Sorry about screwing that inning up...

Got off track when I lost connection...and made a mess of things...

My Apologies
We are accustomed to perfection but we'll let it slide for now. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

PoconoHog

Biggers....count 1 - 1...count 2 - 1...base hit to CF
Man on 1st    1 out     Cole to the plate

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 03, 2018, 02:50:29 pm
But spal, he draws walks better than anyone on the team and works the count.  He should be in the lineup every day.

Exactly

PoconoHog

Cole...count 1 - 0...pops out to 1B in foul ground
2 outs   Man on 1st    Kjerstad to the plate

HS25driver

Using Roku box to access Watch ESPN, and the game is working for me.

Oliver

PoconoHog

Biggers caught stealing to end the inning
Heading to top of 4th
NO SCORE

JHicks3636

USC               0 | 0 |  0  |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1 
Arkansas       0 |  0 |  0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  2  | 0  | 2   

PoconoHog

2 Nootbaar
3 Acosta
4 Paulson

Due up for Trojans in top of 4th

TebowHater

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 03, 2018, 02:50:29 pm

Say what you want. He hasn't done that much this year and I haven't called for him to be in the line up as a result, but he had a 0.500 OBP in SEC play last year, the highest on the team. He also hit in the .300s during that time.

DVH said in the end of the year PC his limited number of AB's was one of his biggest mistakes last year.

PoconoHog

Nootbaar...count 1 -1...count 1 - 2...count 2 - 2...full count...double to RF
Man on 2nd    0 outs

Tony Perkis

TebowHater

ucahogfan

Quote from: TebowHater on March 03, 2018, 02:57:03 pm
Say what you want. He hasn't done that much this year and I haven't called for him to be in the line up as a result, but he had a 0.500 OBP in SEC play last year, the highest on the team. He also hit in the .300s during that time.

DVH said in the end of the year PC his limited number of AB's was one of his biggest mistakes last year.
But really playing him over Fletcher?  Fletcher also brings elite defense in CF.

Lee also needs to improve defensively a lot to play 1B.  I think he is worse than Shaddy was at 2B the start of last season.

rljjr

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SPAL

PoconoHog

Acosta...flys out to Fletcher..
Runner tags and gets THROWN OUT trying to take 3B
2 outs    Bases empty

elksnort

AHiD

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 03, 2018, 03:00:17 pm
But really playing him over Fletcher?  Fletcher also brings elite defense in CF.

Not permanently. Just to spur Fletcher to hit.
My name...is Jerruh

Cornfed Pig

Cornfed Pig

rljjr

AHiD

I'm not calling for permanently benching him. Plus I'm not even saying play Evan in CF. You could put Kjerstadt in CF and put Evan in LF, just for a game or two.
My name...is Jerruh

PoconoHog

Paulson....count 0 - 2...count 1 - 2....grounds out to Shaddy at 2B to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 4th
NO SCORE

Tony Perkis

Fletcher's WAR can't be replicated by anyone else we have. Because of reasons like you just saw. Even with him struggling at the dish.

TebowHater

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 03, 2018, 03:00:17 pm

Lee also needs to improve defensively a lot to play 1B.  I think he is worse than Shaddy was at 2B the start of last season.

I would never say for him to play over Fletcher. Never have.

And at this point - especially with the defensive piece at 1B, 100% agree - I don't think he should be in the lineup. With emergence of Martin, HK, and Gates at 1B, no where to put him.

But to act like he hasn't ever done anything valuable is very unfair.

JHicks3636

USC               0 | 0 |  0  |  0  |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 1 
Arkansas       0 |  0 |  0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  2  | 0  | 2   

ucahogfan

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 03, 2018, 03:01:15 pm
Fletcher is just pressing right now.  Maybe moving him down and letting him know that this offense is extremely deep will cause him to relax.  He might also be getting frustrated since pitchers are working around him and not giving him much to drive.

You have to keep Fletcher in CF as he is an elite defender.

HogFansReunited

That was a big league throw by Dom and is the exact reason he is still in the line up. Give it time and his bat will show up again as well.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PoconoHog

Kjerstad, Bonfield and Koch due up for Hogs in bottom of 4th

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

AHiD

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 03, 2018, 03:03:12 pm
Fletcher is just pressing right now.  Maybe moving him down and letting him know that this offense is extremely deep will cause him to relax.  He might also be getting frustrated since pitchers are working around him and not giving him much to drive.

You have to keep Fletcher in CF as he is an elite defender.

Kenley is an elite 3B. We aren't starting him.
My name...is Jerruh

SPAL

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 03, 2018, 03:01:15 pm

You guys were all about sitting Spanberger last year also.

rljjr

Quote from: TebowHater on March 03, 2018, 03:02:53 pm

And at this point - especially with the defensive piece at 1B, 100% agree - I don't think he should be in the lineup.

We have a team full of starters, but only 9 positions at a time. They each have their strengths.

ricepig

And at this point - especially with the defensive piece at 1B, 100% agree - I don't think he should be in the lineup.

Ok ok, I'll settle it, let Lee pitch and bat, and have someone PH for Dom! 

ucahogfan

I'm not saying that Lee has never contributed to this program because he definitely has, but it's like if any single player goes hitless for a day then people are questioning DVH and wondering why Lee is on the bench.

Lee's future is probably much more on the mound as he can hit 95, but he has the chance to be a two way player in college.