Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What kind of tradition does Southern Cal have in baseball?

Started by Bogghawg, March 01, 2018, 03:32:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

I've heard a lot about Fullerton, Stanford, even UCLA, but don't know that I remember the Trojans making a lot of noise down through the years.  They have ten National Championships between 1958 and 1978, but nothing since then.  More importantly, how do they look this year?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

ricepig

They've won more championships than anyone, but not recently. Rod Dedeaux was the long time coach there. They won it all in 1998.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2018, 03:38:24 pm
They've won more championships than anyone, but not recently. Rod Dedeaux was the long time coach there. They won it all in 1998.

Since they are west coast team its a problem.  We always have problems with west coast teams.

elksnort

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 01, 2018, 05:41:52 pm
Since they are west coast team its a problem.  We always have problems with west coast teams.
They are bringing their marine layer with them. Instead of defense travels, it is marine layer travels.

tennesseehogwild

SC is 7-1, and riding a 7-game winning streak heading into Fayetteville!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: elksnort on March 01, 2018, 08:38:24 pm
They are bringing their marine layer with them. Instead of defense travels, it is marine layer travels.

Grrrrr ...

BigBrandonAllenFan

They are petite bourgeois kulak filth.  The Great Red Army will crush their invasion into Baum Stadium.

Victory is nigh!!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbell96

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2018, 03:38:24 pm

That was the ultimate gorilla ball title game, with a 21-14 final score.

SPAL

They haven't really played anybody. Utah valley beat them on opening day. Then they won 7 in a row against Utah valley x2, Villanova, and long beach state , and Loyola maramount. .

Lbsu is usually pretty solid.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 02, 2018, 08:47:22 am
Mark McGwire is their big name alumnus.

Randy Johnson, Aaron Boone, Ian Kennedy, Barry Zito.

The list goes on.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BroyledNutts

I wanna see our weekend rotation show them what real pitching looks like - it's time for the real Blaine Knight to make an appearance, and I wanna see our staff shut them down.

Eat SUC (oh, sorry - USC) alive ...

Inhogswetrust

When you fly over California and see green grass there is a good chance it's a baseball field.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi