Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to kenly

Started by Kevin, March 01, 2018, 06:04:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Was penciled in as starting at 3rd now cannot get in the field.

Just better options?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Waldron_Hog

DEVIL DOG HOG

Not playing yesterday, with the big lead we had my best guess he is injured or in the dog house.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

bighog2255

Seems like a defensive replacement guy to me. Hard to sit bats like Martin & Gates

jbell96

Quote from: Kevin on March 01, 2018, 06:04:22 am

Just better options?

Didn't really see much about him being penciled in to start at 3rd this year, but know he was in the mix. Like someone else said, he's more of a late inning defensively replacement type of player, especially when you have guys like Gates and Martin producing at the plate.

Waldron_Hog

Me let played in the last couple innings

SPAL

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on March 01, 2018, 09:27:06 am
Me let played in the last couple innings

You let yourself play in yesterdays game?

ricepig

SPAL

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2018, 01:04:17 pm
You remember him, played on the Vietnamese LL team.....

Hahahaha. Yes ,of course.....Me Let of Vietnamese fame.

ricepig

JRHoward

Was good to hear DVH (interviewed on the radio pre-game) tell that he told Kenly that he was starting today that no one was mad at him....   
Woooo Pig!

Waldron_Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 01, 2018, 09:27:41 am
???

Lol. Autocorrect. I was saying he played the last couple innings of yesterday's game.

dotnet

Quote from: Kevin on March 01, 2018, 06:04:22 am

Just better options?

I don't think that was ever true except by a few people on here.  He had something like four hits last year.  Nothing about that screams a starter on this year's team. 

ucahogfan

I was always in favor of Martin being our full time 3B.  He has 40+ SB type speed and has shown potential double digit HR power.  I think a fair comp on him is Trea Turner who was electric for NC State.

I know it is 9 games in,  but Martin leads the team in RBIs and Kjerstad is #2.  They will both have the freshmen slump at some point, but so far, they look like potential AAs.

hamsam

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 01, 2018, 10:01:58 pm
I was always in favor of Martin being our full time 3B.  He has 40+ SB type speed and has shown potential double digit HR power.  I think a fair comp on him is Trea Turner who was electric for NC State.

I know it is 9 games in,  but Martin leads the team in RBIs and Kjerstad is #2.  They will both have the freshmen slump at some point, but so far, they look like potential AAs.

Now there's a freshman slump?? Back in the day, it was a sophomore slump. Kids are so impatient these days!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Kevin

Quote from: dotnet on March 01, 2018, 09:53:50 pm
I don't think that was ever true except by a few people on here.  He had something like four hits last year.  Nothing about that screams a starter on this year's team. 

I did not make it up. It is what dvh said a couple of times
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

onebadrubi

They make slumpbusters for a reason

dotnet

Quote from: Kevin on March 02, 2018, 05:52:13 am
I did not make it up. It is what dvh said a couple of times

Yeah, I do actually remember one time he said it and it took me by surprise.  Every other time, it felt like he was naming a lot of guys and he threw him out there too though. 

When looking at past performance, raw tools, etc... he never seemed like he was going to be more than a defensive replacement on this team. 

I'm sure at some point during a weekend series this year... Gates/Mcfarland/Lee will be slumping and he'll start Kenley or Wilson to say if the guy isn't going to hit great, might as well get elite defense. 

dotnet

I think you always have to wait and see how freshman adjust to SEC pitching.  With that said, they look like they may be pretty good.

ricepig

Quote from: dotnet on March 02, 2018, 09:40:53 am
I think you always have to wait and see how freshman adjust to SEC pitching.  With that said, they look like they may be pretty good.

Yeah, we'll know about some of the freshman by the first of April, hopefully they are as good as they've shown.

SPAL

I had forgotten about McFarland. That's how deep we are. He would start most places.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 02, 2018, 11:17:54 am
I had forgotten about McFarland. That's how deep we are. He would start most places.

I can't remember a time when Hog Baseball had an entire 2nd eight, capable of starting and being effective, sitting on the bench waiting for an opportunity. If this team gets hot it's going to be fun to watch.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 02, 2018, 12:47:37 pm
I can't remember a time when Hog Baseball had an entire 2nd eight, capable of starting and being effective, sitting on the bench waiting for an opportunity. If this team gets hot it's going to be fun to watch.

Bring on the backup QB mentality by posters. 

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2018, 01:07:33 pm

I don't think that's what he meant at all.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 02, 2018, 01:24:41 pm
I don't think that's what he meant at all.

I didn't mean to say he did.  But after basketball season, we might see a few go those posters

BroyledNutts

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2018, 01:27:23 pm
I didn't mean to say he did.  But after basketball season, we might see a few go those posters
Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2018, 01:07:33 pm

Ok, WTH is that supposed to mean?

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

onebadrubi

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 02, 2018, 01:37:53 pm
Ok, WTH is that supposed to mean?

it means this team is stacked with talent.  I fully expect as basketball season wraps up we will see some more of the posters here that carry some negativity and question why didn't player X that was so heavily recruited play.  it was not a bash at your post at all, just that I expect a few of those post based on exactly what you said, we are stacked!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2018, 01:57:53 pm
it means this team is stacked with talent.  I fully expect as basketball season wraps up we will see some more of the posters here that carry some negativity and question why didn't player X that was so heavily recruited play.  it was not a bash at your post at all, just that I expect a few of those post based on exactly what you said, we are stacked!

Oh, ok ... we had a misunderstanding ... yes, I agree with you. Perhaps I should have worded my post more effectively. Let me try again:

It has been a very long time since we've had so much depth on the baseball team that we have an entire second field rotation available to play. Every person on the roster is capable of, and already has to a degree, contributed both on offense and defense. We are loaded from top of the roster to the bottom. God forbid there would be an injury, but if one happens we shouldn't have a fall off in talent because the back ups are capable of starting.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 02, 2018, 02:08:40 pm
Oh, ok ... we had a misunderstanding ... yes, I agree with you. Perhaps I should have worded my post more effectively. Let me try again:

It has been a very long time since we've had so much depth on the baseball team that we have an entire second field rotation available to play. Every person on the roster is capable of, and already has to a degree, contributed both on offense and defense. We are loaded from top of the roster to the bottom. God forbid there would be an injury, but if one happens we shouldn't have a fall off in talent because the back ups are capable of starting.

Your explanation is exactly what I took from your original post.  I was just merely making fun of all the MMQB and Jump ball negative Nancies that will appear after basketball season. 

BroyledNutts

Ahh ... Perhaps I perceived you were considering me as one of the Jump Ball reactionaries and had an allergic to it.

No harm no foul, then...

onebadrubi

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 02, 2018, 03:08:58 pm
Ahh ... Perhaps I perceived you were considering me as one of the Jump Ball reactionaries and had an allergic to it.

No harm no foul, then...

Absolutely not!  haha

SPAL

I don't expect many of them to come over here. They don't typically like the fact that I don't give them a blank canvas to spew their agenda. They don't much care for me or the way this board is ran.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 02, 2018, 07:14:04 pm
I don't expect many of them to come over here. They don't typically like the fact that I don't give them a blank canvas to spew their agenda. They don't much care for me or the way this board is ran.

And for that I appreciate you!!!!