Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogzilla3

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HogFan55

98hogs

Hawgin84

WPS  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: snoblind on June 05, 2009, 08:16:19 pm
I don't think these anouncers are homers enough.  Why didn't they just use FSU guys?

I thought they were using the FSU guys.

Nice game Hogs.  For those who cannot get it on TV, the website given back on page 78 worked well for me today.  Hope it is on there tomorrow.

http://www.[CENSORED]/brbjones

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 05, 2009, 08:15:00 pm
Mike B is my player of the game

I didn't know mikeb was playing in this game!  Cool.  Good times!
Retired Radio Host

snoblind

dayofthehawg1

So, I never post.  But, I have read this site, faithfully, the whole way.   All I have to say to you nay sayers.  Van Horn still on the hot seat?   I didn't think so.  Wooo Pig Soooie!  Go Hawgs!    one game away!!!   Foot is on throat.  FINISH IT!

josh_sec33

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 05, 2009, 08:17:53 pm
Guy on sportcenter just said advantage FSU tomorrow.. How?

ACC bias? ;)

No idea. I found that amusing myself.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hog.goblin

razorbackfan86

Quote from: josh_sec33 on June 05, 2009, 08:21:18 pm
ACC bias? ;)

No idea. I found that amusing myself.

He said Eibner played 9 innings today and he's tired.. Well guess what.. He's about to go to bed and shut FSU down tomorrow.. BTW he always plays 9 innings the game before he pitches

RAMhawg

I think the announcer was Keith Moreland.  U of Texas grad.  No wonder!!!!

dirthog

those announcers should have been more like the norman guys
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 05, 2009, 08:23:08 pm
He said Eibner played 9 innings today and he's tired.. Well guess what.. He's about to go to bed and shut FSU down tomorrow.. BTW he always plays 9 innings the game before he pitches

Same situation with our Sunday starter, McGee.  If we win tomorrow, I'll be interested to see if they make a similar comment.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: dirthog on June 05, 2009, 08:24:49 pm
those announcers should have been more like the norman guys

I agree.. I never thought I would rather listen to the radio, but tonight I would have rather listened to the radio

josh_sec33

Obvious he knows nothing about Eibner. Ever since he moved into the weekend rotation, he's played on Friday. I don't think they are used to pitchers who can also play a field position pretty well.

Ha! It's our secret weapon. Look at it this way... when he throws 7 innings of 3 hit baseball, they'll be in awe of him. ;)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hogzilla3

if we have them again i'm turning the volume down and listening to chuck

razorbackfan86

Quote from: josh_sec33 on June 05, 2009, 08:27:39 pm
Obvious he knows nothing about Eibner. Ever since he moved into the weekend rotation, he's played on Friday. I don't think they are used to pitchers who can also play a field position pretty well.

Ha! It's our secret weapon. Look at it this way... when he throws 7 innings of 3 hit baseball, they'll be in awe of him. ;)

They'll probably just saying something like.. "FSU players were just exhausted because of the long day yesterday"

dayofthehawg1

Chuck did a great, great job.  I couldnt listen to those announcers.  Chuck was ahead of the game, but, there was only one way I was listening to that game.   It was about the only way I could watch it though.   Lets go Mr Eibner.   Take us to Omaha.   Brian Bush goes tomorrow against Eibner.

RD

This thread must never, ever, ever disappear. It will live on in infamy.

Arkapigdiesel

Guys, give our pitchers some credit.  They held a darn highly potent offensive team to 2 flipping runs!
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

dayofthehawg1

pardon my pun.  but, this threat is "special"   ;)

Break & Run

go hogs go!! yall doubters need to eat somecrow!!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 05, 2009, 08:33:28 pm
Guys, give our pitchers some credit.  They held a darn highly potent offensive team to 2 flipping runs!

This.. Bolsinger would bend but never break

hogfan064

We only had 5 hits today.  Tomorrow we pound the ball!!

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: RD on June 05, 2009, 08:32:33 pm
This thread must never, ever, ever disappear. It will live on in infamy.

It's a good point. 4-0 since we started on this thread, by far the best 4 game stretch all season. Just flat dominating good teams, all on the road. Eventually we will lose a game on here, but let's worry about that in 2010.  ;)

dayofthehawg1

small ball won this game.  If we had not been patient at the plate, I dont know that this would be a very happy drunk. lol if you know what I am saying.

Hogz87

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he usually DH the day before his start, and not play in the field?

jet

Quote from: hogzilla3 on June 05, 2009, 08:28:41 pm
if we have them again i'm turning the volume down and listening to chuck
thats always a classy move imho, especially now
"I got that wood! And that's how you pronounce it! It's not Ar-Kan, it's ARKANSAS baby!" - Darren McFadden

dayofthehawg1

The only worry about Eibner is that collision into the wall.   He hurt himself there, a little.   Lets hope that his ailment does not tighten up over night.   If it does not, he will be good to go.   CF is a position that just, it can not take a toll on you, the next day.

board

Several teetee babies in this thread. Save your crying till we lose.

Put this thing away tomorrow, Hogs.

UltimateHog

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

HogFan1994

Pam Ward is an ACC "woman" anyway.  She went to Maryland.

razorbackfan86

I wonder how "Bacon's" no shaving thing is going?

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: HogFan1994 on June 05, 2009, 08:44:36 pm
Pam Ward is an ACC "woman" anyway.  She went to Maryland.

She needs to have a long talk w/ Heather Dinich then (the girl that writes the ACC CFB blog).  Dinich is also a UM grad, but she hates FSU.

HUNGRYHAWG

Thanks to all of you who did pbp and listed sites where you could watch online.  I appreciate it!

kitshicker

wtg Hogs!!! Let's finish this up tomorrow! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Chief_Osceola

OK, so I was just over on Warchant, which is in total meltdown mode right now, and came across something that made me chuckle:

Poster 1:  how many ways can you give a game away...wow

Poster 2:  It's FSU Baseball in June. The possibilities are endless, my friend.

Pretty much sums up what it means to be an FSU fan in the postseason.

snoblind

chief, the announcers were talking about FSU starting today's pitcher on Sunday if it goes to 3.  Do you think that's a possiblity?

CDOGHOG

Good game, hogs.  Good pitching, good coaching, good execution. 

Thanks for the effort Razorbacks!

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: snoblind on June 05, 2009, 08:49:48 pm
chief, the announcers were talking about FSU starting today's pitcher on Sunday if it goes to 3.  Do you think that's a possiblity?

I'm not sure.  Being a former pitcher myself, the mentality is to want the ball in that type of situation, but in reality going on that short of rest, the stuff just isn't as sharp.  And for a pitcher that relies heavily on getting his off-speed stuff over for strikes and keeping the ball down in the zone, I don't think it would be a very good idea for Gilmartin to go more than an inning or two in relief if necessary.  I don't know though, the way our relievers looked today I'd probably be more confident w/ Gilmartin and one day's rest.

NuttinItUp

Iwastherein1969

Rice just had a 2 run HR in the 8th to draw within 3 of the Tiggers
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

board

Gilmartin in relief. I'll take that.

Means FSU is getting their butt kicked.

ua_hogs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 08:49:43 pm
OK, so I was just over on Warchant, which is in total meltdown mode right now, and came across something that made me chuckle:

Losing a game the way FSU just did is very painful as a fan.  Hopefully you and the rest of the Noles will have a painful day tomorrow as well.  :)

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 08:49:43 pm

Chief, I like you and your a darn fine poster.  With that said, I hope ya'lls meltdown continues tomorrow and we skull frick ya'll.  Regardless of the outcome of the series, I'm hoping you stick around and contribute to the board.  Your good peeps.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 05, 2009, 09:05:24 pm
Chief, I like you and your a darn fine poster.  With that said, I hope ya'lls meltdown continues tomorrow and we skull frick ya'll.  Regardless of the outcome of the series, I'm hoping you stick around and contribute to the board.  Your good peeps.

Don't worry, I can take the losses and admit defeat without whining and making excuses.  As an FSU fan, I'm pretty well accustomed to postseason letdowns.  And I'll hang around.  If you guys beat us tomorrow or Sunday, I'll be pulling for the Hogs in Omaha.

treeforter

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 08:52:35 pm
I'm not sure.  Being a former pitcher myself, the mentality is to want the ball in that type of situation, but in reality going on that short of rest, the stuff just isn't as sharp.  And for a pitcher that relies heavily on getting his off-speed stuff over for strikes and keeping the ball down in the zone, I don't think it would be a very good idea for Gilmartin to go more than an inning or two in relief if necessary.  I don't know though, the way our relievers looked today I'd probably be more confident w/ Gilmartin and one day's rest.

Did you pitch in college?