Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Merrick down to 3

Started by Music City Hog, December 21, 2014, 09:16:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

It's Florida, Florida St., and Arkansas.  He has eliminated everyone else.  No timeline on making a decision. 

gumbohog

I thought was already the case. Did he make a statement today?

coastalrazorback

Glad we made the cut. It is an accomplishment to be the only out of state school when so many others wanted him; now lets hope we can close the deal.

Tusks

yeah but pulling a kid out of FL that the big 3 want is going to be tough.

I always thought let the big 3 get their 75 and then pick from the rest.  Compete with WVU, Pitt, NC, Clemson, UK, etc for the FL players cause I think we can out recruit them.

FSU on a billion game winning streak with $$ involved and a new coach at UF.  Tough going IMHO.

Quote from: coastalrazorback on December 21, 2014, 09:47:17 pm
Glad we made the cut. It is an accomplishment to be the only out of state school when so many others wanted him; now lets hope we can close the deal.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on December 22, 2014, 08:21:51 am
yeah but pulling a kid out of FL that the big 3 want is going to be tough.

I always thought let the big 3 get their 75 and then pick from the rest.  Compete with WVU, Pitt, NC, Clemson, UK, etc for the FL players cause I think we can out recruit them.

FSU on a billion game winning streak with $$ involved and a new coach at UF.  Tough going IMHO.
sure, under Nutt. Now I say, offer the big dogs and pull 4-8 per year that everybody wants.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2014, 08:33:57 am
sure, under Nutt. Now I say, offer the big dogs and pull 4-8 per year that everybody wants.
Pull 4-8 that everyone wants? That will never happen and is unrealistic. After the big 3, you still have Bama, Auburn, South Carolina, UGA, LSU etc that will still recruit better than us there. If we can even get a couple a year everyone wants its a major coup.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 22, 2014, 08:42:12 am
Pull 4-8 that everyone wants? That will never happen and is unrealistic. After the big 3, you still have Bama, Auburn, South Carolina, UGA, LSU etc that will still recruit better than us there. If we can even get a couple a year everyone wants its a major coup.
Two years ago we got two recruits that everyone wanted.  That was coming off the Petrino and JLS years.  There is no reason why we cannt pull 4 solid kids out of FL each year and on exceptional years pull more. 

ldfergu

This thread is headed for fail city.  No point in arguing how many top kids we get out of Florida.  With the staff we have now, we will get quality players from that state. 

Hogberry Snortcake

I hate Florida State.  That is all.

ldfergu

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on December 22, 2014, 09:28:28 am
I hate Florida State.  That is all.

I sometimes wonder if I hate them more than Auburn.  Not sure.  Either way those are my two most hated teams and you will never catch me rooting for Auburn just because they are in the SEC.  Hate when people do that

Dwight_K_Shrute

What a losers mentality some have.  You never shy away from offering top kids wherever they are if they have shown some interest.  Even if you miss on some you get name recognition and keep building ties in the state by being on the top kids list.  Also strengthens your position when one of the "top 3" have down years such as Florida ranked #91 on Rivals right now. 

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

CDBHawg

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 22, 2014, 08:42:12 am

Obviously everybody is a relative term. Graham, Froholdt, Ledbetter....

There's three from Florida that could've picked where they went to school. We beat out the names you mentioned for these recruits.

RedyorNot

Obviously Id love for JM to call the Hogs, but being in the top 3-5 with so many highly regarded recruits speaks volumes to the visability of our program. The staff is doing a fantastic job.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 22, 2014, 10:03:28 am
Obviously everybody is a relative term. Graham, Froholdt, Ledbetter….

There's three from Florida that could've picked where they went to school. We beat out the names you mentioned for these recruits.

Kinda reaching on Froholdt since he did his exchange year in Ohio or something, but I get your point. 

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on December 22, 2014, 09:31:03 am
I sometimes wonder if I hate them more than Auburn.  Not sure.  Either way those are my two most hated teams and you will never catch me rooting for Auburn just because they are in the SEC.  Hate when people do that

I'm a hater of all the Florida schools, but FSU is the worst.  Miami isn't worth hating anymore really, but I give it the ol' college try.

jackflash

This staff has done a great job of recruiting Merrick. If we get him or not

rzrbk4life

Quote from: jackflash on December 22, 2014, 11:07:37 am

Agreed. If we miss out it won't be due to lack of effort. I like how this staff swings for the fences
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Jek Tono Porkins

The fact that we are even in the running for these kids shows Bielema's recruiting prowess...no longer will you see on the program, "he chose Arkansas over Memphis, Henderson State, UL Monroe, and NorthSouthWestern Nevada Polytechnical." We're in serious competition with top programs and we've been in the SEC West cellar for the past three years. Unreal. Just wait till we start winning.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on December 22, 2014, 12:39:25 pm
The fact that we are even in the running for these kids shows Bielema's recruiting prowess...no longer will you see on the program, "he chose Arkansas over Memphis, Henderson State, UL Monroe, and NorthSouthWestern Nevada Polytechnical." We're in serious competition with top programs and we've been in the SEC West cellar for the past three years. Unreal. Just wait till we start winning.
This is the rhetoric we heard during the Nutt days. Nutt got Jean-Gilles to visit. Adrian Peterson to visit. We've always been able to get the visits.

bigred223

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 22, 2014, 12:54:54 pm
This is the rhetoric we heard during the Nutt days. Nutt got Jean-Gilles to visit. Adrian Peterson to visit. We've always been able to get the visits.

Blah blah blah

sickboy

This is just patently misguided. Nutt's recruiting and this staff's recruiting aren't even comparable.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: sickboy on December 22, 2014, 01:24:16 pm
This is just patently misguided. Nutt's recruiting and this staff's recruiting aren't even comparable.
I didn't mention anything about this staff. It was merely a comment about how we've always been able to get highly rated visitors.

colbs

Well this staff has actually landed out of state players beating out FSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, and many others.  See Collins, Kirkland, Skipper, Froholdt, Wallace, Ragnow, and others.  But keep on posting something negative in every thread.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on December 22, 2014, 01:42:10 pm
Well this staff has actually landed out of state players beating out FSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, and many others.  See Collins, Kirkland, Skipper, Froholdt, Wallace, Ragnow, and others.  But keep on posting something negative in every thread.

It's in his mantra, rinse, wash, repeat.....why someone who had their account deleted comes back and does the same, always amazes me.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: colbs on December 22, 2014, 01:42:10 pm

Glad I'm not the only one tired of his crap.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on December 22, 2014, 02:34:32 pm
Glad I'm not the only one tired of his crap.

I think it's funny.. then I get to watch the rest of you whine about his whining... ha ha.

Oklahawg

Enough! Take your piss and vinegar somewhere else. You've polluted enough threads around here for a while.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Update: thread is open. Alwaysnextyear won't be back until...next year.

Thank a HV admin and tip your waitstaff.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 22, 2014, 02:43:10 pm
Enough! Take your piss and vinegar somewhere else. You've polluted enough threads around here for a while.

You know he was right though don't you?

hawg1221

I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optimist with more experience! ;D

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 22, 2014, 03:30:12 pm

this was the case I tried to make the other day in another post.. trigger happy and holier than thou... imo, he didn't say enough to warrant anything.

colbs

Steef

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 22, 2014, 03:23:51 pm

Year after next would be even better.

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 22, 2014, 03:30:12 pm

Actually...no.

His post implied useless or nonexistent visits.

Our current staff IS signing out of state recruits. Even out of country.

We aren't batting 1,000, but no one else is either.

So the post and poster we are debating, was negative AND wrong. And not for the first time.

mhuff

hardtimes79

Unfortunately I'm hearing a lot of smoke about him being
a strong lean to fsu.  Some of my fsu associates having been rubbing it in my face.  Hopefully we can pull it off.
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

TMc

Quote from: jackflash on December 22, 2014, 11:07:37 am

ricepig

Quote from: hardtimes79 on December 22, 2014, 04:05:14 pm
Unfortunately I'm hearing a lot of smoke about him being
a strong lean to fsu.  Some of my fsu associates having been rubbing it in my face.  Hopefully we can pull it off.

Who knows, lots of smoke towards us at one time, 50/50 at best.

ldfergu

I hope Oregon hands FSU their ass

ricepig

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on December 22, 2014, 04:18:04 pm

Yep, and I don't care for Nike U, but at least there cheating is out for all to see.

Steef

hawgsmellgud

Reported
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

ricepig

Take 2 applauds out of petty cash and put it on my bill.

RunHogruN

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on December 22, 2014, 04:18:04 pm

Yep, and with a side of crab legs for Mr. Winston to chew on.  ;)
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: steefhog on December 22, 2014, 03:58:40 pm
Actually...no.

His post implied useless or nonexistent visits.

Our current staff IS signing out of state recruits. Even out of country.

We aren't batting 1,000, but no one else is either.

So the post and poster we are debating, was negative AND wrong. And not for the first time.

His post was in reference to those who are high-fiving each other over being in Merrick's top 3. Like that's cause for celebration....sorry, but finishing 2nd or 3rd doesnt mean crap if we're being honest....Nutt got kids to visit. Petrino got kids to visit. This is nothing new. Now that being said, this staff has proven better at closing on some bigger names than previous staff's but strutting around b/c we're in the top 3 for this kid is amature hour and thats pretty much all he was saying

Slimac4

You just made my Christmas!!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Slimac4 on December 22, 2014, 06:13:34 pm
You just made my Christmas!!

Wow. That sounds like a sad Christmas.

Steef

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 22, 2014, 05:29:05 pm
His post was in reference to those who are high-fiving each other over being in Merrick's top 3. Like that's cause for celebration....sorry, but finishing 2nd or 3rd doesnt mean crap if we're being honest....Nutt got kids to visit. Petrino got kids to visit. This is nothing new. Now that being said, this staff has proven better at closing on some bigger names than previous staff's but strutting around b/c we're in the top 3 for this kid is amature hour and thats pretty much all he was saying

As opposed to not making his top 3? Or not getting a visit?