Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonathan Williams Cut

Started by A Hogwork Orange, September 03, 2017, 01:18:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A Hogwork Orange

Bills just cut Jonathan Williams per Ian Rapoport.

sickboy

Their fans are pissed. The Bills got rid of their #1 and #2 receivers and now their #2 RB. They are literally tanking the season to rebuild.

Williams will get picked up.

alohawg

Insane, he was killing it.

Check the bills fan comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/904399152540471297?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23904399152540471297
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hawgmasta

k.c.hawg

If I was a season ticket holder for that team I would be pissed. I've had to go through rebuilding here several times but they never stripped the team down. Teams are lining up to tank and get in line for this QB class but it is going to be hard to be the worst team when you have the Jets Bills, San Fran, Cleveland, LA Rams all looking like shells of teams. Hell there was speculation a week ago that JWill was looking so good that McCoy could be traded for picks. You know the couple of good players they have left are like WTH!!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

Hope my Chiefs go get another RB. Some good ones to be had!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

TexArkHogFan

Alex Collins also released by the Seahawks. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Bubba's Bruisers

A ton of Hogs were cut this weekend.  Has anyone been picked up elsewhere?  I assume everyone's 53 has to be done sometime today.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bennyl08

Everyone in the NFL was surprised by William's cut. Played great in the pre-season. Was the #2 back for McCoy the whole off-season and pre-season. Fantasy people were talking about how he was a good pickup late in the draft.

Collins is on the Jet's practice squad.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 02:22:07 pm
A ton of Hogs were cut this weekend.  Has anyone been picked up elsewhere?  I assume everyone's 53 has to be done sometime today.

They had to be down to 53 yesterday. Today is a bunch of waiver wire claims and practice squad signings.

So, some teams will sign to their 53 players that didn't make the cut for other teams, meaning they have to boot somebody off of their own current 53 man roster a la BA and JWill. Both of whom have articles of nfl.com front page because those were such surprising cuts to happen today.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hogwild

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on September 03, 2017, 02:09:06 pm
Alex Collins also released by the Seahawks.

Alex Colllins, Jonathan Williams, Knile Davis were all cut this weekend.  McFadden out lasted all of them.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogwild on September 03, 2017, 02:49:58 pm
Alex Colllins, Jonathan Williams, Knile Davis were all cut this weekend.  McFadden out lasted all of them.

McFadden is still faster than all of them. Two time Doak Walker award winner and runner up for the HEISMAN TWICE. HTF is that even possible?

McFadden probably would have led the NFL in rushing at least once if his OL at Oakland wasn't garbage.
This is my non-signature signature.

alohawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 03, 2017, 03:33:56 pm
McFadden is still faster than all of them. Two time Doak Walker award winner and runner up for the HEISMAN TWICE. HTF is that even possible?

McFadden probably would have led the NFL in rushing at least once if his OL at Oakland wasn't garbage.

No doubt, was just telling my raider fan son-in-law this to which he agrees. What his career might have been on a average team.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: alohawg on September 03, 2017, 03:36:24 pm
No doubt, was just telling my raider fan son-in-law this to which he agrees. What his career might have been on a average team.

It's just disgusting how much he was misused on a team that really had no meaningful intention of winning.
This is my non-signature signature.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 03, 2017, 02:22:59 pm
Everyone in the NFL was surprised by William's cut. Played great in the pre-season. Was the #2 back for McCoy the whole off-season and pre-season. Fantasy people were talking about how he was a good pickup late in the draft.

Nope Collins is with Ravens

alohawg

Jwill will be running on an NFL field for some team this year,  no doubt.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

micali

Man, I hope someone picks him up. I really liked his running abilities at Arkansas.

daprospecta

This was not a "He's not cutting it" cut, this was making your team worse to tank cut.

sickboy

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 03, 2017, 02:22:59 pm

Collins ended up passing on the Jets and joined the Ravens.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hoglady

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 03, 2017, 03:43:49 pm
It's just disgusting how much he was misused on a team that really had no meaningful intention of winning.

DMac should have run from the Raiders when his first contract was up.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Keri34

Williams was picked up by Denver!!

daprospecta

Quote from: Keri34 on September 05, 2017, 05:22:09 pm
Williams was picked up by Denver!!
Getting paid 550,000 on the practice squad.  Getting paid that amount on the practice squad is unheard of and a cake walk.

Keri34

Bet he will move up from the practice squad soon .

hoglady

Quote from: daprospecta on September 05, 2017, 06:30:30 pm
Getting paid 550,000 on the practice squad.  Getting paid that amount on the practice squad is unheard of and a cake walk.

That's great news.