Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cow prices

Started by bulldog04, February 20, 2015, 06:52:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

The people that post in here seem pretty knowledgable.  I was going to get opinions on cow prices.  Do you all think cows prices will maintain or what and if now is a good time to invest in beef?

PEtrader

Not as solid as dinar prices apparently
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

bulldog04

Quote from: PEtrader on February 20, 2015, 07:02:37 pm
Not as solid as dinar prices apparently
Lol.  My father in law left some to my mother in law when he passed. When he died she said something about making money on them someday.  What can you say?  I just agreed with her.

The Boar War

Cattle prices should maintain and even rise for the foreseeable future.  The nations collective cattle herd is small and getting smaller (for something like the 19th year in a row).  So supply is low but demand has remained high.

Pastureland is being converted to crop land or ranchers are getting out of the business all together.

By invest do you mean buying your own cattle and starting a herd?  Because that's really a question only you can answer.  There are lots of things to take into consideration:  land, fencing, feed, vaccinations, transportation to and from the sale barn, knowledge.  Plus there's the potential change in lifestyle. 

ricepig

Quote from: The Boar War on March 05, 2015, 09:50:06 am
Cattle prices should maintain and even rise for the foreseeable future.  The nations collective cattle herd is small and getting smaller (for something like the 19th year in a row).  So supply is low but demand has remained high.

Pastureland is being converted to crop land or ranchers are getting out of the business all together.

By invest do you mean buying your own cattle and starting a herd?  Because that's really a question only you can answer.  There are lots of things to take into consideration:  land, fencing, feed, vaccinations, transportation to and from the sale barn, knowledge.  Plus there's the potential change in lifestyle. 

Excellent tax write off for the naive...