Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GoPro IPO

Started by HawgWild, June 11, 2014, 04:16:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Got an e-mail from GoPro today with an offer to buy shares, at the initial public offering price, when they go public on June 25th. The underwriters of the initial public offering, at the request of GoPro, have reserved up to 1.5% of the Class A common stock to be offered through what they're calling LOYAL3 Social IPO™ Platform. Looks like the offer was sent to all registered GoPro users.

I don't recall seeing an offer like this before as an individual stock buyer, buying direct, without mark-up, at the IPO price.

Anyway, if you're interested, you should find some information posted here -> https://ipo.loyal3.com/gopro?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3a%2f%2fipo.loyal3.com%2fgopro&utm_campaign=20140609_ipo&utm_term=&ExactTarget=true

HawgWild

So, I got an e-mail first thing this morning that said, in part:
You have received an allocation of $306.87 in GoPro's IPO stock.

Several factors contribute to determining participants' final allocation. Our goal is to fairly distribute shares across all public participants. So no one in the general public who reserved the same amount as you received more stock than you.

LOYAL3 is committed to the principle of democratization. Our goal is to let as many people as possible buy IPO shares, at the same price, and at the same time, as Wall Street."
[/b]

At the IPO price of $24 per share this means I am now the owner of 12.78625 shares of GoPro. Not quite the quantity that I'd requested but nevertheless........... I guess demand must have been pretty high.

HawgWild

Looks like demand in this limited offer outstripped supply by almost 10 to 1. I'd reserved 100 shares; 400 was the max available. Up 61% in two days not a bad return. Too bad I couldn't get my full order.

HawgWild

This thing is about to pass FB in pps. At what point does this bubble burst?

Cresthog

Quote from: HawgWild on September 24, 2014, 11:39:20 am
This thing is about to pass FB in pps. At what point does this bubble burst?

When Apple/samsung puts close to the equivalent into a phone, which they're pretty much there.