Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just one game....except it looks like most of the last six years

Started by OutlawHawg, November 22, 2016, 09:11:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OutlawHawg

Bad things can happen on the road but I can't help but feel this is just more of the same from Anderson.

Feel a lot like after the A&M game in football when I realized at best we're a team that puts together a late season run and wins 8 games and the Texas Bowl.

Starting to feel like absent another Bobby Portis type talent we are at best a bubble team in a crappy conference.

Hope I'm wrong but we weren't even competitive tonight.

Danny J

Talent is not the problem...this team has talent. The problem is our stubborn head coach and the defense he wants to play especially in the half court. Our half court defense is awful and leads to forcing things on offense. Their game plan tonight was simple. Set picks beyond the 3 point line knowing we will come out tight and then spread us out with poor rotation. It worked to perfection. Any time we play a team that can run a good spread pick and roll with guys knocking down 3's we are going to be in trouble unless we are at home then we have a shot.

OutlawHawg

Quote from: Danny J on November 22, 2016, 09:21:27 pm
Talent is not the problem...this team has talent. The problem is our stubborn head coach and the defense he wants to play especially in the half court. Our half court defense is awful and leads to forcing things on offense. Their game plan tonight was simple. Set picks beyond the 3 point line knowing we will come out tight and then spread us out with poor rotation. It worked to perfection. Any time we play a team that can run a good spread pick and roll with guys knocking down 3's we are going to be in trouble unless we are at home then we have a shot.

Agree. What I meant by another Bobby Portis is a player so good he can single handedly just take over a game. There were a lot of games with Portis where things weren't going well and he just took it on himself to score almost every time down the floor.