Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear people who decided on new BB rules

Started by mbgrulz, November 18, 2016, 08:48:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

WorfHog

November 18, 2016, 09:16:18 pm #1 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:44:00 pm by WorfHog
It's bad it's almost like they don't care about any flow. Might as well line up both teams and just have a shooting contest. Unless you're deep into March Madness or a blue blood the PTB will not let you play a quick game. I watched our guys get called tonight for stuff UK does every position. NCAA has gone nuts with this.

Danny J

Yep...just like any governing body the more they step in the worse it gets. In an attempt to free up more movement on offense they have done the exact opposite in reality because games now come to a complete standstill at times with all the blown whistles.

azhog10

It's clear the NCAA is not going to enforce offense initiating contact.

parallaxpig

It's definitely become all about the refs now. No flow to the games anymore.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Big Nasty 34

Don't coaches make the rules and rule changes??

hogsanity

As Jay Bilas pointed out during one of the marquee gamed last week, the rules did not change, this is a non rule change year, they are simply enforcing the rules as written. He went on to say it is up to the players to adjust to how the game is being called, not up to the refs to adjust to bad defensive technique.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on November 20, 2016, 09:43:03 pm
As Jay Bilas pointed out during one of the marquee gamed last week, the rules did not change, this is a non rule change year, they are simply enforcing the rules as written. He went on to say it is up to the players to adjust to how the game is being called, not up to the refs to adjust to bad defensive technique.
Easy for him to say considering he played at a time these rules would have been laughed at. Correct this was not a rule change year, however it shows that even more so, it's impossible to be consistent with the rules as written.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on November 20, 2016, 09:52:07 pm
Easy for him to say considering he played at a time these rules would have been laughed at. Correct this was not a rule change year, however it shows that even more so, it's impossible to be consistent with the rules as written.

They are trying to create more flow by not allowing defenses to impede with their hands. They instructed us to do so at the HS level too. Just like football, every rule change or point of emphasis is to help offense. In basketball though it leads to ft contests.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Biggus Piggus

Against D-I teams, Arkansas State is averaging 28 fouls per game. The Red Wolves have six players who are averaging 10 or more fouls per 40 minutes played.

This change of emphasis affects guard play for sure, but how big men are coached matters too. Oklahoma State has four bigs who are racking up fouls like crazy.

The most-fouling high-major teams:

1. Tennessee (no height)
2. Oklahoma State
3. UMass
4. Houston
5. Utah
6. Georgetown
7. Stanford
8. Washington
9. South Carolina
10. Maryland

Auburn is one of the teams getting to the line most often.

Same with Tennessee and Oklahoma State. Their games must have been foul fiestas.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 21, 2016, 07:46:31 am
Against D-I teams, Arkansas State is averaging 28 fouls per game. The Red Wolves have six players who are averaging 10 or more fouls per 40 minutes played.

This change of emphasis affects guard play for sure, but how big men are coached matters too. Oklahoma State has four bigs who are racking up fouls like crazy.

The most-fouling high-major teams:

1. Tennessee (no height)
2. Oklahoma State
3. UMass
4. Houston
5. Utah
6. Georgetown
7. Stanford
8. Washington
9. South Carolina
10. Maryland

Auburn is one of the teams getting to the line most often.

Same with Tennessee and Oklahoma State. Their games must have been foul fiestas.

If they will stick with it for a couple of seasons they will get the change they desire, especially also emphasizing it at the HS level too, but if they do like usual they will back off of it once conf play starts.