Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worse Announcing Team Ever!

Started by chiefhawg, November 11, 2016, 07:49:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

What would it take to get Blake Eddington instead of the guy from JBU?

WorfHog

November 11, 2016, 07:56:39 pm #1 Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:29:48 pm by WorfHog
I don't have any problem with where they played. You'd think Fort Wayne was a potential first seed when they were winning and now the Hogs are just getting lucky.

Ok...

GoPigs69

They are both absolutely terrible.

chiefhawg

elksnort

BigoBoys

AFhawg

elksnort

Deeznutts

these two high school teams aren't far behind the announcers.

WorfHog

Quote from: Deeznutts on November 11, 2016, 08:52:20 pm
these two high school teams aren't far behind the announcers.

It's the first game and the Hogs are going to win by 9 against a good team. Find another team.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: chiefhawg on November 11, 2016, 07:49:26 pm
What would it take to get Blake Eddington instead of the guy from JBU?

I was pleasantly surprised by the color guy. Seemed very intelligent and well spoken. Was happy to have a guy that seemingly has worked hard to get where he is.

Kevin

I just don't understand the love for alex Pearlman. he just keeps moving up the later in broadcasting up there.
he was brutal on baseball broadcast.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

MGB1229

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on November 12, 2016, 07:37:41 am
What was the JBU guy's name?

I would say Fort Wayne Willy by the way he kept gushing over them the whole night.

chiefhawg

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 12, 2016, 06:30:58 am
I was pleasantly surprised by the color guy. Seemed very intelligent and well spoken. Was happy to have a guy that seemingly has worked hard to get where he is.
I must have been watching a different broadcast. He was amateurish at best. More suited for a high school game.

elksnort

I'm not sure who you are talking about. I listen to Chuck Barrett and I guess Matt Zimmerman

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

1hawgballer2

Quote from: GoPigs69 on November 11, 2016, 08:00:22 pm
They are both absolutely terrible.

Comments-
Terrible broadcasting on both accounts, you would expect them to be more professional as opposed to a pair local homers

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ricolacey on November 12, 2016, 01:20:30 pm
Comments-
Terrible broadcasting on both accounts, you would expect them to be more professional as opposed to a pair local homers

Examples? It's not exactly an easy job, otherwise many posters on here would be doing it.

This game wasn't even on tv, and ya'll want Dick Enberg and Al McGuire to call the game.

elksnort

Al McGuire can bite me for his call during Arkansas UNc in 1984 in Pine Bluff.

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on November 12, 2016, 06:56:20 am
I just don't understand the love for alex Pearlman. he just keeps moving up the later in broadcasting up there.
he was brutal on baseball broadcast.

Ok, I didn't listen to it, and was wondering who was doing the broadcast. Who was the color analyst?

And yes, Alex is not very good, but I assume we get what we pay for in these broadcasts.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

mhuff

You're not going to please everyone.Some people don't think incorrectly that Miss Piggy isn't sexy just cause she's a Hog.

yraciv

His name is Simeon Hinsey, and no I don't think he is the best announcer ever, but then again this was an ESPN 3 game not even a regional broadcast.  I don't think he is as bad as Pearlman because I feel he is more knowledgeable about the game, was a heck of a player, and  he is a very smart guy.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: yraciv on November 13, 2016, 02:23:06 pm
His name is Simeon Hinsey, and no I don't think he is the best announcer ever, but then again this was an ESPN 3 game not even a regional broadcast.  I don't think he is as bad as Pearlman because I feel he is more knowledgeable about the game, was a heck of a player, and  he is a very smart guy.

I agree. I was pleasantly surprised and thought it was cool that he wasn't a big time "D1" guy. Although that's probably why some on here discounted him as a color guy.

mbgrulz

Simeon was bad....really bad. He stumbled over his words all night. His insight was very amateur.

Quote from: elksnort on November 13, 2016, 10:04:20 am
As UNC launched the potential winner at the buzzer, McGuire said "it's good" before it missed. He later said he meant that it was off in time, but the word he used was good.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: elksnort on November 13, 2016, 10:04:20 am

Al McGuire probably helped Arkansas more with marketing their basketball team than any one ever. His use of the "Triplets" to refer to Moncrief, Delph and Brewer gave Arkansas a real identity when their basketball program was taking off. That and the Super Sid SI Cover.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

elksnort

Quote from: Karma on November 14, 2016, 01:02:39 pm
As UNC launched the potential winner at the buzzer, McGuire said "it's good" before it missed. He later said he meant that it was off in time, but the word he used was good.
Thanks for helping.

elksnort

Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 14, 2016, 01:12:41 pm
Al McGuire probably helped Arkansas more with marketing their basketball team than any one ever. His use of the "Triplets" to refer to Moncrief, Delph and Brewer gave Arkansas a real identity when their basketball program was taking off. That and the Super Sid SI Cover.
Yeah, you're actually right, but anyway. UNC will always get the benefit of the doubt in basketball.

cityhog

The Hogfather

They are the worse ever!  I have never heard worst!  I'm not sure they could even get any worst.  Irregardless, they are the worse announcers in the WORLD!  It's really a mute point.

We need Blake Eddings and Matt Bradley!

NoogaHog

They weren't any better last night. I was wondering if "Preseason SEC Player of the Year Moses Kingsley" was the name on his birth certificate. I know they called him that at least 8 times in the first half. Annoying.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

boaron

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 04:11:34 pm
They are the worse ever!  I have never heard worst!  I'm not sure they could even get any worst.  Irregardless, they are the worse announcers in the WORLD!  It's really a mute point.

We need Blake Eddings and Matt Bradley!

There is no such word as irregardless.  The word is regardless.

Example of worse and worst:They are the worst team in the conference.  They are worse than any other team.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not with "mute" but it is moot.

Okay, I'm done being one of those guys.  Sorry.

The Hogfather

Quote from: boaron on November 15, 2016, 09:16:24 am

Example of worse and worst:They are the worst team in the conference.  They are worse than any other team.

Thanks for all of you're help!

Dr. Starcs

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: boaron on November 15, 2016, 09:16:24 am

All was sarcastic lol