Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Razorback related. Arnold Palmer just died

Started by Mr. Porkleone, September 25, 2016, 07:36:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

Just reported while watching Golf Channell. He was 87. What a great ambassador to Golf.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

ronmahony

Man I hate to hear that, always been my favorite. True class.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

sowmonella

Arnie brought golf to the common man. He was my hero.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Laughing Hog

Hate to hear this. He was incredible. God rest his soul.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Pulled(PP)pork

Another honorable gentleman has passed, RIP Arnie

Pulled

welchog

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Jim8208

Terrible news. He was a true gentlemen and a class act. RIP Arnie.

PorkRinds

I'm gonna mix comes lemonade in my tea tonight.

GoHogs1091

A truly great man who is the most influential person in the history of the game of golf.  I used the word "is" instead of "was" because his monumental influence on the game of golf will endure forever.

The United States has lost a great person, and there will never be another golfer like Mr. Palmer.

Thank you Mr. Palmer for everything that you have done.  Rest in Peace.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

trphog

Terrible day in sports with Arnie and Jose Fernandez's passing.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 25, 2016, 08:16:27 pm
I'm gonna mix comes lemonade in my tea tonight.

My absolute favorite non-alcoholic drink of choice...forever known as "I would like a Arnold Palmer, please".
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Vantage 8 dude

He truly earned and deserved the title of "The King". He was always a true gentleman, great ambassador for the sport of golf and in his prime virtually unbeatable. He mentored a TON of players over the years. And perhaps most importantly, he gave back far more than he ever received from the game. He truly will be missed. Long may The King live in our memories!!

DeltaBoy

Really enjoyed seeing him doing TV ads.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Iwastherein1969

September 26, 2016, 02:29:33 pm #17 Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:42:29 pm by Iwastherein1969
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 25, 2016, 11:35:05 pm
He truly earned and deserved the title of "The King". He was always a true gentleman, great ambassador for the sport of golf and in his prime virtually unbeatable. He mentored a TON of players over the years. And perhaps most importantly, he gave back far more than he ever received from the game. He truly will be missed. Long may The King live in our memories!!
Had Jack not come along, we'd be talking about Arnold's 18 majors and Gary's 15 majors...to my golf hero, RIP, may Heaven be to you that you can go back to 1960 to Cherry Hills at Denver stand on the first hole, Par 4, 7 shots back, drive the green and go on to beat an aging Hogan and a young Nicklaus for the U.S. Open....that one tee shot was the essence of the man      didn't lift a weight and look at those 'Popeye forearms' and 'farm boy strong guns' 
The long Grey line will never fail our country.