Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone watch the 1991...

Started by Iwastherein1969, July 19, 2016, 10:26:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

PGA at Crooked Stick on the Golf Channel tonight ? Wow it brought back some great memories. I think the most impressive was when Daly hit his 9 iron on the middle of the green on the 18th (last hole on Sunday) and listening to the crowd you could hear them calling the Hogs. Venturi said to Pat Summerall who was still covering the Major golf tournaments at the time, "hey Pat, you ever heard that before ?".....choking up with pride the Great Pat Summerall said, "yes I have, many times and I just might give John Daly a WOOOO PIG SOOOOIEE of my own."   Got a little misty eyed to hear the great man say that. There will never be another like him. Pat was a Razorback until his last breath.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

zane

Damn- I bet that was awesome to hear! :razorback: :razorback:
RIP LSUfan

EastexHawg

I watched it a few weeks ago when Daly turned 50 and was making his first start on the Champions Tour.  I always enjoyed Pat Summerall, from his days with Tom Brookshire on CBS through his partnership with Madden and golf coverage.

John Daly was a remarkable talent, longer than any good player in the history of the game up to that point (and maybe ever, considering the technology in use at the time) and possessing incredible touch on and around the greens.  I don't think his majors win total of two can be considered much of a disappointment or underachievement, but his talent demanded that he should have won more regular tour events than he did.

We all have a pretty good idea of why he didn't.

MikePiazza

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 20, 2016, 01:10:49 pm
I watched it a few weeks ago when Daly turned 50 and was making his first start on the Champions Tour.  I always enjoyed Pat Summerall, from his days with Tom Brookshire on CBS through his partnership with Madden and golf coverage.

John Daly was a remarkable talent, longer than any good player in the history of the game up to that point (and maybe ever, considering the technology in use at the time) and possessing incredible touch on and around the greens.  I don't think his majors win total of two can be considered much of a disappointment or underachievement, but his talent demanded that he should have won more regular tour events than he did.

We all have a pretty good idea of why he didn't.

Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.