Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memorial Tournament

Started by ricepig, June 02, 2016, 01:07:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

It must be Thursday, DJ with an opening 64 and the early lead.

root_hawg

Jackrabbit Hog

After the first round, of the "Big 3", you've got Day at -6 (T-3); Spieth at -2 (T-44); and McIlroy at -1 (T-61).

Sidenote:  Here's an insider tip - Mickelson is at -4 but I wouldn't bet on him to win.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 02, 2016, 05:09:06 pm
After the first round, of the "Big 3", you've got Day at -6 (T-3); Spieth at -2 (T-44); and McIlroy at -1 (T-61).

Sidenote:  Here's an insider tip - Mickelson is at -4 but I wouldn't bet on him to win.

I know someone will.......

ricepig

DJ must have thought today was Saturday, he started tanking early.

Jackrabbit Hog

Pretty good day for the big 3 though; especially McIlroy (66) and Spieth (68).  Going into the weekend Day and McIlroy are -7 (T-12) and Spieth is -6 (T-23). 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Is it just me, or does Jack seem a little terse and quick with his answers/comments, especially when asked by Faldo?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2016, 05:27:18 pm
Is it just me, or does Jack seem a little terse and quick with his answers/comments, especially when asked by Faldo?

Jack's never been super smooth with the media (unlike Arnie).  He doesn't suffer fools and perhaps he considers "Sir Nick" to fall into that category.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 03, 2016, 05:06:37 pm
Pretty good day for the big 3 though; especially McIlroy (66) and Spieth (68).  Going into the weekend Day and McIlroy are -7 (T-12) and Spieth is -6 (T-23). 

If DJ could make a putt, no telling how far out in front he'd be.  Bet he missed 4 or 5 inside 10 feet putts and seems like all were left to right breakers.  He was out 292 and hit a 3 wood long.  That's just stupid long.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

GoHogs1091

-12 after just 2 Rounds on a course that has a Slope Rating of 153 from the back tees (the Memorial tees at Muirfield Village) shows that the golf equipment technology is out-of-control.

Week after next, they will be on an elite golf course.  It will be interesting to see how their out-of-control golf equipment technology does on an elite golf course.

Boarcephus

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 03, 2016, 07:50:12 pm
Faldo clearly annoys a good number of people. 

LOL!  That he does. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 03, 2016, 07:50:12 pm
Faldo clearly annoys a good number of people. 

Well, I thought Jack was about the same with Gannon.

GolfNut57

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 03, 2016, 07:31:05 pm
-12 after just 2 Rounds on a course that has a Slope Rating of 153 from the back tees (the Memorial tees at Muirfield Village) shows that the golf equipment technology is out-of-control.

Week after next, they will be on an elite golf course.  It will be interesting to see how their out-of-control golf equipment technology does on an elite golf course.

Perry Maxwell eats green boogers all day long......
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

jfan01

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2016, 05:27:18 pm

I don't think Jack has a problem with Faldo.  Faldo was chosen and the honoree at the Memorial last year.  Doubt Jack would have given him that honor and put his face on a huge plaque if he didn't like the guy. 

ricepig

Quote from: jfan01 on June 04, 2016, 08:48:03 am
I don't think Jack has a problem with Faldo.  Faldo was chosen and the honoree at the Memorial last year.  Doubt Jack would have given him that honor and put his face on a huge plaque if he didn't like the guy. 

I wouldn't be so sure, lol. We often recognize others for their accomplishments, it doesn't mean we like them. I think Jack comes off as a know-it-all, but then again, most golf analysts do.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2016, 10:29:28 am
I wouldn't be so sure, lol. We often recognize others for their accomplishments, it doesn't mean we like them. I think Jack comes off as a know-it-all, but then again, most golf analysts do.

Well, except Johnny Miller of course.  That guy never gives opinions..

PonderinHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 03, 2016, 11:50:30 pm
Yah, but what's their slope raring?
Slippery, like snot on a doorknob.  Not sure of the exact number.

ricepig

Well, DJ finally figured out it was Sunday, after getting the lead, or tied for it on the front 9,  he bogeys 3 out of the first 4 on the back 9 to trail by 2.

Pulled(PP)pork

jesus, who woke Rain Man up??

PP

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2016, 01:40:55 pm
Well, DJ finally figured out it was Sunday, after getting the lead, or tied for it on the front 9,  he bogeys 3 out of the first 4 on the back 9 to trail by 2.

If I heard correctly, the announcers said the longest putt he had made over the first  16 or so holes was 2 feet  9 inches.  They said if he'd putted just halfway decent he would have had a 5-6 shot lead.

Kuchar did his usual fold up job as well.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 06, 2016, 05:43:08 am
If I heard correctly, the announcers said the longest putt he had made over the first  16 or so holes was 2 feet  9 inches.  They said if he'd putted just halfway decent he would have had a 5-6 shot lead.

He would have run away with it.  I liked the comment Faldo made when he said DJ certainly gives himself lots of chances. 

ricepig

Well, they would have been wrong, or at least according to his shot-by-shot description on the PGA site. He made several over that length on the front 9, I didn't bother to look at his back 9. Now, he did miss several short, inside 10ft, that could have won it for him.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2016, 07:01:16 am
Well, they would have been wrong, or at least according to his shot-by-shot description on the PGA site. He made several over that length on the front 9, I didn't bother to look at his back 9. Now, he did miss several short, inside 10ft, that could have won it for him.

I probably misheard them; they may have been talking about the back 9.  Bottom line is he was better than everybody from tee to green, but then from there, well....not so much.  As usual.  I remember watching the first couple of rounds of the British Open last year.  He was making minced meat of the Old Course; just bombing everything over all the trouble and straight down the fairways.  Then, on the weekend, DJ started to remember that he's DJ and it was like a completely different player out there. 

He may be the most physically talented guy on tour - McIlroy and Day included - but I don't think he will ever win a major.  I just don't think he has the mental make-up to hold it together for four complete rounds under major championship conditions. 

clutch

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 06, 2016, 08:08:11 am
I probably misheard them; they may have been talking about the back 9.  Bottom line is he was better than everybody from tee to green, but then from there, well....not so much.  As usual.  I remember watching the first couple of rounds of the British Open last year.  He was making minced meat of the Old Course; just bombing everything over all the trouble and straight down the fairways.  Then, on the weekend, DJ started to remember that he's DJ and it was like a completely different player out there. 

He may be the most physically talented guy on tour - McIlroy and Day included - but I don't think he will ever win a major.  I just don't think he has the mental make-up to hold it together for four complete rounds under major championship conditions. 

I think the Pebble Beach/Whistling Straits brainfarts did him in from ever winning a major.

ricepig

Yeah, I always root for DJ, I don't know if it's because I like his game, or I want to see Paulina come bouncing out of her top when she runs to hug him on the 18th green.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 03, 2016, 06:41:58 pm
Jack's never been super smooth with the media (unlike Arnie).  He doesn't suffer fools and perhaps he considers "Sir Nick" to fall into that category.

I don't think Faldo would have been chosen as the honoree of the tournament last year if Nicklaus had anything against him.  Jack is and has always been a typical old school Midwesterner.  He is plain spoken and says what he means in relatively few words and without a lot of flowery words or hyperbole.  When talking about Johnny Miller, who is one of his closest friends...Miller takes his family to stay with Jack on fishing vacations...he used terms like "he was a very good player".  Miller won eight tournaments in one year and shot 63 in the final round to win the Open at Oakmont.  "Very good player" isn't going overboard with the praise by any stretch of the imagination.

Pulled(PP)pork

I probably misheard them; they may have been talking about the back 9.  Bottom line is he was better than everybody from tee to green, but then from there, well....not so much.  As usual.  I remember watching the first couple of rounds of the British Open last year.  He was making minced meat of the Old Course; just bombing everything over all the trouble and straight down the fairways.  Then, on the weekend, DJ started to remember that he's DJ and it was like a completely different player out there

powder withdrawals

PP

onebadrubi

You didn't mishear them, they said that and even expanded on it and said it for the entire tournament.  I heard and that and immediately called BS, you don't get to being under par after three days without making SOME putts. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 07, 2016, 09:50:29 am
You didn't mishear them, they said that and even expanded on it and said it for the entire tournament.  I heard and that and immediately called BS, you don't get to being under par after three days without making SOME putts. 

Right.  There aren't that many par 5s you can reach in two.