Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few A-State, UAPB Notes

Started by Seminole Indian, September 12, 2017, 08:30:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Notes from Blake Anderson's weekly press conference on their official site, and article in Today's Jonesboro Sun.

Should be pretty healthy for UAPB, with only backup corner Brandon Byner out, but may not play DT Dee Liner.

Number 2 RB Johnston White, who was limited to special teams play against Nebraska, should play a bigger role in the rotation this weekend.

Anderson said they match up physically better with UAPB than anyone on their schedule.

Mentioned the UCA game a lot (a game he said "you never forget") , and some other FCS upsets this year (noted one was a 45 point underdog)  as motivation for his team to show up ready to play.

Said in the Sun the UCA game was a game physically they should have won, and this game with UAPB is no different. Anderson added that " If we turn the ball over and play sloppy ball, make mistakes,  have penalties, don't play with passion, don't play with energy, these guys could beat us just as easily. We want to avoid that at all cost." 

FYI, UCA was a 17 point underdog, and UAPB is a 50+ point underdog, so it would be a much bigger upset IMO.

Anderson did say in his video on their Official site yesterday he wants to continue playing in-state schools whenever possible despite the risk of getting beat  if they don't show up to play.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Not much coming out of either camp this week.

UAPB HC Monte Coleman said in his weekly press conference said that his focus is just getting his players to focus on doing their job and not trying to do someones else's job. That was something that happened against Akron, and he feels hurt them.

A-State coaches say they are still focusing on just trying to get better, and get healthy.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

holeinthewall

QuoteAnderson did say in his video on their Official site yesterday he wants to continue playing in-state schools whenever possible despite the risk of getting beat  if they don't show up to play.

Despite what UA thinks in state games are good for everyone.  This isn't 30 years ago or even 10-15 years ago where few people from Central Arkansas went to ASU.  Just drive around central Arkansas and you see a lot of ASU plates on cars now.  Lots of alumni are here also. I know a few families that have switched from supporting UA to ASU because their kids went to college there.

Keeping the money in state is important also. Makes no sense scheduling other Sun Belt schools and not ASU.  Keep living in the past.

Seminole Indian

Well, as long as A-State competes well against the teams they actually play their program will continue to grow.

I use to end a lot of post here with "it is going to get even better", and for "real, tangible reasons" and fact is that is still true as far as A-State football.

Right now, by any measure A-State is one of the better G5 programs, and should expect to have a winning seasons, almost by default.

They are in a conference where they can pretty much count on competing for a championship, and going to a bowl game almost every year, and recruits, and fans like that.

As a result there talent level is getting better every year, and just like this years team is more talented than last years ,next years team will more talented than this years.