Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TE Luke Ford

Started by PlanoHog, June 04, 2017, 08:40:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aloha_kid

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 21, 2017, 09:05:24 pm
I bet they said the same thing to OJ Howard. He was one of the most misused players I've ever seen.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/27/14400150/oj-howard-senior-bowl-2017-alabama-nfl-draft

Exactly.  You stole my thunder.  Alabama, over the past several seasons, has not utilized the TE to his full advantage.  Out of high school he was a 5 * player.  The most passes in a season 45 for 595.   Result first round draft pick.  Now, I'm no Bama homer nor am I an expert on all things Bama, but what i do notice is that OJ as the only TE to catch the ball other than Hale another somebody who, combined, had 4 catches.  That would indicate, to me, that not only was OJ not utilized effectively, no other TE on the Bama team was used.  Conversely, Arkansas had 4 make contributions, and we only had one leave.

If Mr Ford is as advertised, there's no reason to think he couldn't or shouldn't have the same success.  He'll be fine wherever he goes and we will too.

PorkRinds

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on June 22, 2017, 10:33:48 pm
Yes and the kid moved on.  It's time the board moves on.  We can read about him in an SEC thread down the road.  The recruiting part is over.

You don't get to decide when it's over.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 23, 2017, 09:24:05 am
You don't get to decide when it's over.
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Tyro3

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 23, 2017, 09:40:15 am
When the Germans bombed what? history lesson maybe?

NoogaHog

Quote from: Tyro3 on June 23, 2017, 10:14:27 am

/TRAP SHUT    Well, Flying, you caught another one! Whaddya want me to do with him?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

RME

Quote from: rljjr on June 23, 2017, 09:09:45 am
Sure, he did the work, but the SEC offer turned heads, Mr. LOL.

So a guy gets an offer from Arkansas and the whole SEC is put on notice? Saban and Muschamp and Mullen and Malzahn think "oh hell, Arkansas offered this guy so we gotta jump in"? Do they offer based off of us? Is that how it works?

I think Arkansas has had plenty of signees whose only SEC offer was from us. Ford is a blue chip prospect. Arkansas' offer has nothing to do with other teams going after him.

dirtimus

Excellent observation Bluto! The war's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

NoogaHog

You'd think that as often as that quote is used on here, that everyone would get it. But there is always one that has to be all "I'm smarter than you, I know who bombed Pearl Harbor!" geez

It's kinda funny to watch. It's like setting a trap.

Steef

Well it really is an OLD movie.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 23, 2017, 10:28:32 am
/TRAP SHUT    Well, Flying, you caught another one! Whaddya want me to do with him?
Maybe we need to have a Hogville viewing of Animal House. Have a test on these things before you can post?

NoogaHog

Quote from: Steef on June 23, 2017, 10:37:40 am

I guess so, and I mean no offense to Tyro, it just seems like a cheap, unnecessary shot to take, especially when you missed the joke.

NoogaHog

I'm sorry I derailed the thread. But it is funny. My kids and I, especially my daughter, speak in movie quotes. We have whole convos of mostly movie quotes. If you heard us talking you would think we were stupid and would probably not know what we were talking about. 

itshogsbaby

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 23, 2017, 10:28:32 am
I chuckle'd at this! 

LRHawg

I can't be friends with someone that doesn't get Animal House movie references.

Tyro3

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 23, 2017, 10:43:30 am
I guess so, and I mean no offense to Tyro, it just seems like a cheap, unnecessary shot to take, especially when you missed the joke.

That was my mistake, I had my head where the sun doesn't shine, forgot to engage brain before fingers started typing, so laughs on me.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Tyro3 on June 23, 2017, 12:18:31 pm
That was my mistake, I had my head where the sun doesn't shine, forgot to engage brain before fingers started typing, so laughs on me.

No problem, we are good. (And it was a good laugh) :)

Oklahawg

So refreshing for a recruiting forum dust up to be resolved with a handshake and a good laugh.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: LRHawg on June 23, 2017, 12:09:42 pm
I throw out Animal House, Blazing Saddles, and Caddyshack quotes to my kids, and they think I've lost it.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on June 23, 2017, 10:30:22 am
So a guy gets an offer from Arkansas and the whole SEC is put on notice? Saban and Muschamp and Mullen and Malzahn think "oh hell, Arkansas offered this guy so we gotta jump in"? Do they offer based off of us? Is that how it works?

I think Arkansas has had plenty of signees whose only SEC offer was from us. Ford is a blue chip prospect. Arkansas' offer has nothing to do with other teams going after him.
So do you think our early offer of a 3* out of state TE had no affect on brightening his prospects, I would think it did. Did anybody offer based on ours nope, but our offer got some people noticing him IMO. If he doesn't come here it will still be a good find for BB and staff.

Vantage 8 dude

Well that very well be the case for most positions offered; however, I can promise you that when it comes to TEs and our ability to produce major talent others most definitely notice!!

Sivad

Quote from: Steef on June 23, 2017, 10:37:40 am
But to those of us who lived it- it stands near the top.

Birminghog

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2017, 07:50:39 pm
I throw out Animal House, Blazing Saddles, and Caddyshack quotes to my kids, and they think I've lost it.
Don't forget Holy Grail & History of the World Part 1. Rife with possibilities.

Steef

Quote from: Birminghog on June 23, 2017, 11:04:57 pm

"Just a flesh wound" is ...imo...one of THE funniest lines in movie history.

rljjr

There is an element of "we can get him because we think he's talented, but a huge side-benefit is to keep him from an SEC West opponent." It's recruiting. It's a cutthroat business. I'm sure you can agree.

ricepig

Quote from: Birminghog on June 23, 2017, 11:04:57 pm

It's good to be the King......

woodrow hog call

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2017, 07:50:39 pm

My boss and some women were looking for a box opener at work the other day and I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "excuse me while I whip this out" as I was reaching for my lock blade, not sure they would have been able to fully appreciate it.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

NoogaHog

June 24, 2017, 11:16:14 am #126 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:44:53 am by NoogaHog
History of the World part 1 is up there. I use a lot of Coen Bros. quotes. Raising Arizona and Oh, Brother. My daughter quotes Sweet Home Alabama (the movie, not the song) and the Patriot.

jgphillips3

Quote from: LRHawg on June 23, 2017, 12:09:42 pm

Hear, hear!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 24, 2017, 11:16:14 am
History of the World part 1 is up there. I use a lot of Coen Bros. quotes. Raising Arizona and Oh, Brother. My daughter quotes Sweet Home Alabama (the movie, not the song) and the Patriot.
So I can kiss you anytime I want

PonderinHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 24, 2017, 01:08:16 pm
So I can kiss you anytime I want
I think he just r-u-n-o-f-f-t.

NoogaHog

Yeah I missed you alright, but at this range my aim is bound to improve!

This here ain't nothin' but a domestic dispute.

NoogaHog

He didn't hit you did he? 'Cause nowadays we take that stuff real seriously!

NoogaHog

Luke Ford?

Never heard of her!

Vantage 8 dude

Thanks for FINALLY moving this to its correct destination; only problem it took so long to do so.