Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bleacher Report's Top 25 College Football Towns for 2014

Started by #1Fan, June 10, 2014, 10:10:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

LZH

lahawg1

Provo Utah????????? Do they even have alcohol among all the Mormons?????

Fayettechill14

Fayetteville is consistently top 10 among real sites. You know, not bleacher report...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: #1Fan on June 10, 2014, 10:10:43 pm
Not even honorable mention???

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2080227-bleacher-reports-top-25-college-football-towns-for-2014 >:(

Kind of a slant towards the Big 10 and SEC. However I dispute Atlanta being on it. It is only good because of the SEC Championship game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 11, 2014, 07:11:37 am

Yes they do. We were in Utah for the Winter Olympics. Not hard to find alcohol. Mormons are a large group there but it isn't  a third world country. They do have all the standard vices.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogarusa

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 11, 2014, 07:11:37 am

Pretty funny, considering almost half of the counties in Arkansas are dry counties
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

DLUXHOG

Fayetteville takes top spot in my mind.....and...that's all that matters to me... ;)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Al Boarland

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on June 11, 2014, 07:12:51 am
Fayetteville is consistently top 10 among real sites. You know, not bleacher report...

Link?  I haven't seen any.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hoggish1 on June 11, 2014, 07:05:45 am
No. 19 leaves me speechless!

Agreed.  Should have been higher, plus they could have found some more attractive scenery at Ole Miss to include.

However, Ann Arbor at #1 = Poll Fatally Flawed.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

It's Bleacher Report.  Why anyone would take their ridiculous "slideshows" seriously is beyond me.

Linking to Bleacher Report should result in user banned, account deleted.  lol
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Soonerman12

HogFaninMemphis

There are 6 state capitals on that list (7 if you count Boise's honorable mention) and several other large cities that aren't even college towns. When y'all stop reading Bleacher Report articles, your blood pressure will decrease.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

cmphill87

That List is a joke. Miami is an Honorable Mention??? I would love to heat the justification on that. I live on Fort Lauderdale and have been to several Miami games. I have never seen Sunlife full even for the Florida State games. And the area known as the "grove" where all the college student hangout is a joke. If Stillwater and Manhatten get Honorable mentions so should Fayetteville. Athens Ga is a pretty BA town though and spot on in this list. 
-Chrisky

Big Papa Satan

Fayetteville not on the list boosts the accuracy of the article a tad.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Soonerman12 on June 11, 2014, 09:40:39 am
You're missing the point here. A distinct difference between college town, in general, and college football towns. Being this is a football message board and all.

I could be wrong, but I generally associate "college town" with the quality of their football gameday atmosphere. Obviously, there's more to it than that, but that seems like a major official. Perhaps they used a different set of factors. I do know that the tailgating in Fayetteville is lacking.

lahawg1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 11, 2014, 07:59:08 am
Yes they do. We were in Utah for the Winter Olympics. Not hard to find alcohol. Mormons are a large group there but it isn't  a third world country. They do have all the standard vices.

I have a sister that is Mormon and lives in Provo and have visited her many times.