Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The truth about our loss to butler yesterday

Started by hawgball40, March 17, 2018, 01:15:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgball40

They were simply the better team. The big east, i think we are seeing, is once again one of the better conferences in the country despite being overlooked all season long. Fundamentals+High Major Talent > Rolling the ball out + Elite Athleticism. Not that Butler didn't have good athletes. their athletes were certainly adequate. But they played good fundamental basketball. Hopefully MA takes this opportunity to adjust accordingly, else i doubt we will ever go deep in the tourney without a ton of luck and elite talent. I still think we had a good season, i didn't expect too much from this season but the emergence of Gafford allowed me to develop some lofty expectations that we couldn't live up to. Yesterdays loss was disappointing for sure, but we can honestly say the better team won.

alohawg

The truth is Arkansas has top 25 facilities, but not top 25 coaching. Maybe not top 100 coaching tbh. Go get a top 25 coach and see what happens next.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hawgball40

Quote from: alohawg on March 17, 2018, 01:21:17 pm
The truth is Arkansas has top 25 facilities, but not top 25 coaching. Maybe not top 100 coaching tbh. Go get a top 25 coach and see what happens next.
So there is no hope that Anderson can get with the times in your opinion? I think he can, i think he's been gradually adjusting as evidenced by our continued gravitation towards situational pressing. He may have a reputation as being stubborn but you gotta think the writing is on the wall at this point for him as a coach. Adapt or die. We need an entire bag full of half court set plays, teaching of fundamental box out technique, an upgrade in talent. You saw the in game adjustments yesterday were good. We just got thoroughly beat by a fundamentally sound club with adequate athleticism. I still think there is a chance that we see a radical change in philosophy from Mike. But who really knows at this point.