Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanx umbc

Started by BigDrDon, March 17, 2018, 07:47:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDrDon

For taking the laughing stock hashtag off the hogs. :)
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: BigDrDon on March 17, 2018, 07:47:17 am
For taking the laughing stock hashtag off the hogs. :)

Laughingstock? This is March Madness. Upsets happen.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Razorpigg

Yea laughingstock. For losing to Butler in at 7/10 game. Another brain surgeon on Hogville....

TrueBlue

Quote from: Razorpigg on March 17, 2018, 11:03:29 am
Yea laughingstock. For losing to Butler in at 7/10 game. Another brain surgeon on Hogville....

I was laughing (better then crying) when we were down 21-2 and CMA didn't want to call a time out. Now that was embarrassing.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 17, 2018, 07:51:11 am
Laughingstock? This is March Madness. Upsets happen.
It wasn't an upset, Butler was favored. 7/10 games are probably 50/50 at best through the years.

Razorpigg

Quote from: TrueBlue on March 17, 2018, 11:06:54 am
I was laughing (better then crying) when we were down 21-2 and CMA didn't want to call a time out. Now that was embarrassing.

Well, it obviously doesn't take much to embarrass you.....

Gonzo

As much as we may be taking the game hard, seems like most of the country thought it went about as expected, perhaps not a 17 point loss, but a Hog loss. Would have probably been only slightly noticed anyway.

But definitely congrats to UMBC!

Go Hogs!

and (for the moment) Go Retrievers!

HamIAm

Losing to a 10 seed doesn't bother me near as much as falling behind 21-2 before we call timeout.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 17, 2018, 11:07:10 am
It wasn't an upset, Butler was favored. 7/10 games are probably 50/50 at best through the years.

Yep. Any games with the seedings only separated by a few slots are little more than toss-ups.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HamIAm on March 17, 2018, 11:34:17 am
Losing to a 10 seed doesn't bother me near as much as falling behind 21-2 before we call timeout.

Runs happen. We had one ourselves. But I agree calling a timeout sooner sounds like better coaching.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HamIAm on March 17, 2018, 11:34:17 am
He called timeout when it was 11-2. Which was probably two buckets late.

alohawg

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 17, 2018, 01:03:39 pm

I wish the new athletic director would call a timeout before the program gets blown out of relevancy. This cannot be the new ceiling for success.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...details details...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HamIAm

Faulty memory on my part